Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Were you bullied, what was the worst thing they did? Watch

• View Poll Results: Were you bullied?
    Yes!
    68.52%
    No!
    31.48%

ReputationRep:
    Some of these stories are hilarious, a lot of it's not even bullying it sound more like a bit of banter taken the wrong way.

ReputationRep:
    negged me on TSR

ReputationRep:
    I was bullied pretty much the whole way through secondary school... Only really name calling but I can remember most of it!

Its only now I can see how much of a complex it's given me about how I look... And like other people said the bullies have grown up with children, no job, no degree and no GCSEs! They deserve it!

ReputationRep:
    Yes by an older lad who went to a different school but lived in the same area.

He was a scumbag and troublemaker, we used to be friends when we were younger and knew the same people from the area but one day (after not speaking to him for a couple of years) he just turned on me for no reason. If I saw him in the street he'd just grab me and start punching me basically, usually in front of girls to make himself look good. Got beat up more than a few times but I never fought back, like I say he was older than me and I was only about 12 when it started. It went on until I was 16, there was nothing I could do about it. During that time I was scared every time I left my house in case I saw him on the way to school because I knew what was going to happen. I stopped going out because I felt sick every time I left my house to walk to school and would get detentions so I could get a lift home so I could avoid him. I never told anyone what was going on though, even friends, I should have done really.

ReputationRep:
    I am now working in a school and see the bad effects of bullying. Not much goes on but it is very very upsetting for students and can lead to them taking exteme action on themselves. If you are aware of ANY kind of bullying TALK ABOUT IT and OUT THE BULLY. Once they are named and shamed it helps the victim to put it into perspective. The real problem is bullying with violence or threats and really these are hard to cope with. It is the fear instilled by the bully that works on the mind.

ReputationRep:
    I had pretty much everything going - whispering, name calling, *****iness, rumours spread about me. I got pushed down the stairs once, had cigarettes burnt out on me, footballs kicked in my head, pushed over, punched, kicked, pinching, you name it. They did it because I was shy and smart and wear glasses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Delain)
    I had pretty much everything going - whispering, name calling, *****iness, rumours spread about me. I got pushed down the stairs once, had cigarettes burnt out on me, footballs kicked in my head, pushed over, punched, kicked, pinching, you name it. They did it because I was shy and smart and wear glasses.
    I had pretty much the same, minus cigarette burns :eek: Every single ****ing day. They did it to me because I'm arty and didn't care to play their vague social popularity contest.

The worst thing they did was try to manipulate me into committing suicide. By this point I'd already had a severe depressive episode (I wonder why? :rolleyes:) and was a self harmer, and somehow the idiots found out about it, and genuinely tried to get me to kill myself.

I was also beaten up so badly on several occasions the police had to be involved and I had to have protection walking home.

ReputationRep:
    Where to start...

Primary School
    Followed home with people throwing stones at my head.
    Chased out of the school ground.
    Chased around the school by atleast 30 other pupils and then kicked and punched when finally got caught up with. Had footprints imprinted on my back for over a month.

Secondary School
    Football kicked at my head so that my head would smash against the wall.
    Beaten up by 6 others atleast 1 year older than me.
    Had my glasses smashed into my eyes.
    And several other occasions of other being beaten up by people older than me.

ReputationRep:
    I was never bullied in primary school, was actualy friends with everyone, then in secondary I started getting called big head (not really that big and alot more proportionated now that im 6ft3 lol) and I had a small mole on my cheek, hardley noticeable yet the austin powers film where hes all like moley moley etc, started a bit of a trend, needless to say after the first 2 years I skyrocketed in height and no one said anything lol.

All the bullying in school was always verbal I never got hit or anything, there was one guy who kept it up because I wasnt so great at sport, we were playing cricket one day and he was batting me bowling and hed be all like "your **** at sport, you cant bowl for ****" little did he know it was the one sport I was good at (played with my dad on weekends lol)

anyway I bowled so hard (real cricket ball) it hit him in the balls, and he fell down crying, I think I win..

I hate bullys, If any of my future kids (if i ever have any) get bullied il have my kids do judo or somin so they can knock the crap outa them lol

ReputationRep:
    Mostly it was name calling, having things thrown at me in class (including used chewing gum in my hair), pushed around and alike. That was the every day stuff.
    Occasionally things would escalate though. The worst occasion I was attacked by several of them (maybe 4 actively involved, with up to 20 there to watch and cheer). I ended up with 3 broken fingers, a broken cheek bone, 2 black eyes, a popped lip, and almost lost a front tooth.

ReputationRep:
    I experienced terrible bullying at my first primary school. It was both physcially and verbally abusive, which totally ruined my confidence. My earliest school reports describe a totally different girl to the one a few years later.

The worst was the boy with behavioural problems (he was put on a form of medication). One day he found a sharp piece of metal and attempted to stab me with it. Luckily a teacher's aid came to my rescue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladyliesel)
    I experienced terrible bullying at my first primary school. It was both physcially and verbally abusive, which totally ruined my confidence. My earliest school reports describe a totally different girl to the one a few years later.

The worst was the boy with behavioural problems (he was put on a form of medication). One day he found a sharp piece of metal and attempted to stab me with it. Luckily a teacher's aid came to my rescue.
    Frig, you are lucky to have not been seriously harmed from that incident,

I always loved snow day, I've got hands like shovels and could make softball size snowballs, which I would launch at the people who bullied me xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emaemmaemily)
    Mostly it was name calling, having things thrown at me in class (including used chewing gum in my hair), pushed around and alike. That was the every day stuff.
    Occasionally things would escalate though. The worst occasion I was attacked by several of them (maybe 4 actively involved, with up to 20 there to watch and cheer). I ended up with 3 broken fingers, a broken cheek bone, 2 black eyes, a popped lip, and almost lost a front tooth.
    Funniest thing I've ever done was when we were on DOFE Gold, and we were all responsible for getting our team meals, and one of our team was absent. So we 'forgot' to buy his meals, literally the funniest thing ever when we got to campsite after a long day of trekking and he didn't have any food..

Oh yeah and then we put all his socks and underwear on the bonfire when he went to the toilet so he had to go the rest of the expedition in the same pair, funny times

http://i.imgur.com/Nhq2R.gif

ReputationRep:
    ;(

ReputationRep:
    I was bullied at school, I was shoved off the top of a hang-slide platform and broke my arm.

ReputationRep:
    When I was about 7, I had stupid round glasses and was a bit of a cry-baby. Think Harry Potter if he'd let Voldemort's threats get to him every damn time. So that was the beginning, I had my hair pulled out, glasses stamped on, mud thrown in my eyes, pushed into the road. The whole shi-bang.
    Then it was pretty chilled out until about year 8? I can't remember who I upset - or how, but she used to throw those huge jawbreakers at my head during class, throw my table over when she walked past, hold my head under for literally 2 minutes at a time during swimming, spat at me, ran over my legs with her bike. That sucked.
    The rest from about year 9 - year 11 was taunting from either some of my 'friends' or classmates. This was online, too so I felt as if there was no escape. So until July last year I was in counselling for depression, anxiety and suicidal thoughts.
    LUCKILY. I moved schools, my grades improved, I remembered my therapy techniques and now I'm super duper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcus2001)
    Funniest thing I've ever done was when we were on DOFE Gold, and we were all responsible for getting our team meals, and one of our team was absent. So we 'forgot' to buy his meals, literally the funniest thing ever when we got to campsite after a long day of trekking and he didn't have any food..

Oh yeah and then we put all his socks and underwear on the bonfire when he went to the toilet so he had to go the rest of the expedition in the same pair, funny times
    No idea why you quoted me for that.

ReputationRep:
    Some of you guys are pathetic. You can't let yourselves become easy targets. That's why you all got bullied. Fine neg me I don't give a ****. But the real world is tougher than school and you're gonna have to learn to stand up for yourselves.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, physical and verbal. It ranged from the usual punching and kicking to spitting and holding me down, spraying the fleece I wore with deodorant and then setting it alight. The list of things they did runs pretty long actually.
    It's been about ten or eleven years since I've seen any of them but even now I wouldn't mind finding them and caving in their ****ing skulls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcus2001)

Sounds hilarious

(Original post by chelseafan)
    Some of you guys are pathetic. You can't let yourselves become easy targets. That's why you all got bullied.
    Don't be a knob.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 12, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.