?
Report 5 years ago
No way, 3D is naff. Adds nothing.
dothestrand
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I do not see the point at all. It doesn't add anything to the films, the tickets are more expensive, I wear glasses so I have put those stupid 3D ones on top of my usual ones making the experience even less pleasurable, and it's just pointless.
A film like Man of Steel, filmed in that sort of handheld camera style, just looked ridiculous converted to 3D.
The only problem is the cinema in the small place I live doesn't give you the choice of 3D or not.
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's an absolute ****ty pisstake. Everything is dark and dull and the few scenes where it's 3D, it's mediocre.

Watch in 2D, or IMAX 3D if you really must (a lot better than just 3D).
Platinum Mech
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've watched quite a lot of 3D films and, though 3D can really enhance the experience when used well in the right kinds of films (as in, for example, Avatar, Tron: Legacy and Legends of the Guardians), too often it's used in films either in an unimaginative manner or where it seems largely unnecessary.
Floalley
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No for me, I wear actual glasses so I have to wear the 3D ones over my own and I don't think I get the same experience as everyone else :cry:
Platinum Mech
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Floalley)
No for me, I wear actual glasses so I have to wear the 3D ones over my own and I don't think I get the same experience as everyone else :cry:
I'm surprised at the number of people who say that... I regularly wear 3D glasses over my ordinary glasses and never have any problems. :dontknow:
Plainview
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Platinum Mech)
I'm surprised at the number of people who say that... I regularly wear 3D glasses over my ordinary glasses and never have any problems. :dontknow:
It's less comfortable, and the 3D glasses are further away from you eyes. Plus your field of vision is reduced, and it often makes the picture darker.
MissDavies
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Personally I love 3D films. I'm surprised that so many people say they don't like them, but then the 3D films almost always outsell the 2D versions (I work in a cinema.) For me it doesn't detract from the experience of watching the movie at all, it just makes me feel more immersed in it. IMAX 3D is of course much better than regular 3D, but I still enjoy that as well. And I barely even notice the fact that I'm wearing 2 pairs of glasses, it's not really any more uncomfortable than just wearing the one pair.
Belloq
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by MissDavies)
Personally I love 3D films. I'm surprised that so many people say they don't like them, but then the 3D films almost always outsell the 2D versions (I work in a cinema.) For me it doesn't detract from the experience of watching the movie at all, it just makes me feel more immersed in it. IMAX 3D is of course much better than regular 3D, but I still enjoy that as well. And I barely even notice the fact that I'm wearing 2 pairs of glasses, it's not really any more uncomfortable than just wearing the one pair.
Aha, I think you're the first person to say you like 3D films. In this thread at least, not ever. It's interesting you've found that 3D movies outsell their 2D counterparts. Does your cinema always offer a choice, or do you sometimes have to watch films in 3D?
Albino
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
not worth the wonga
MissDavies
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Belloq)
Aha, I think you're the first person to say you like 3D films. In this thread at least, not ever. It's interesting you've found that 3D movies outsell their 2D counterparts. Does your cinema always offer a choice, or do you sometimes have to watch films in 3D?
Our cinema is quite big so we almost always have a choice and 3D does outsell 2D even though it's about £3 more per ticket if you include the glasses! There's about 50 of us that work there and opinion about 3D films is completely split down the middle, we all either love it or hate it.
Kallisto
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Floalley)
How about contact lenses? would you wear them? then there is no problem to wear 3D glasses and you can watch a movie in 3D.
Floalley
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Kallisto)
How about contact lenses? would you wear them? then there is no problem to wear 3D glasses and you can watch a movie in 3D.
I refuse to touch my eye. I'm just an extremely squeamish person.
Belloq
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Kallisto)
Wouldn't that be a massive hassle, getting contact lenses just to watch a 3D film?
Kallisto
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Belloq)
Wouldn't that be a massive hassle, getting contact lenses just to watch a 3D film?
Do you mean to change from glasses to contact lenses just to watch a 3D film? yes, I would say that it is a massive hassle indeed.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (78)
26.62%
No (215)
73.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed