Best fitness machine for all round? Watch

und3niable_
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Terk)
WTF do ppl need treadmills, do you have social anxiety or are really insecure or something that you cant go outside and run? especially in this time of the year.
Yup, I hate my legs. ANd trying to get fitness up properly and slowly tracking progress so I can attempt a charity run early next year.
rakusmaximus
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Your body.
But if you insist on buying something then I say a basic set of dumbbells, a pull up bar, and if you want to do cardio at home then a rowing machine would be good.
nopenopenope
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by LukeM90)
bodyweight, dumbell squat, goblet squat (also dumbell), dumbell lunges, calf raises (also with dumbell if required)

dumbells can actually cover alot tbh, how better or worse it is to a barbell is irrelivant, if it comes down to saving money an space, dumbells are better,

but I would opt for a barbell and bench if I had the option (i.e. money and spce)
Those aren't exactly efficient though are they? Unless you're a grill or smth. Dumbbells will be good for a bit and then he'll need some real equipment.

Either spend the £400 on some decent equipment or buy a gym membership. There's no point wasting your time and money.
LukeM90
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by nopenopenope)
Those aren't exactly efficient though are they? Unless you're a grill or smth. Dumbbells will be good for a bit and then he'll need some real equipment.

Either spend the £400 on some decent equipment or buy a gym membership. There's no point wasting your time and money.
well he did say he didnt really want to spend over 400 and has limited space so I was answering based on that, even if squat stands and a foldable bench are considered "small" they still take up way much more room than a set of dumbell weights do, not to mention all the weight plates and olympic barbell you'd also need for the above, and baring in mind his parents or whoever he lives with letting him keep all the gear there all the time, because moving it all about will get annoying after time.

I agree like dont get me wrong I go to a gym, but I am answering the question as it was asked. Besides there is many guys out there who are in fantastic shape who would disagree on your statement of wasting time but again thats also irrelivant to this question as is the statement.
mattan
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
treadmill? you can just jog outside
all you need is a bench, barbell and some weights.

you can do sooo many different workouts just with that.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (152)
18.14%
No (510)
60.86%
Not really bothered about them (176)
21%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed