No no no

Posted from TSR Mobile
thisistheend
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Secretnerd123)
Find another teacher!!! Why cant he find someone his own age and not over 20 years younger than him? I hate men who try to take advantage of young girls
Have you seen most women who are 40?

I'm sure a 40 year old man can find another 40 year old woman. The question is, does he WANT TO?
SnoochToTheBooch
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
lol, I tutored a 17 year old girl when I was 23 and that would have felt creepy even then
EffYeaImSexy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by thisistheend)
Have you seen most women who are 40?

I'm sure a 40 year old man can find another 40 year old woman. The question is, does he WANT TO?
You truly scare me.
She's a minor
SkyWar
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Wrong on so many levels

Posted from TSR Mobile
thisistheend
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by EffYeaImSexy)
You truly scare me.
She's a minor
She's 16, fair game.

Only a minor when it comes to buying alcohol, not consent.
Origami Bullets
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Steer well clear. Sorry, but a 40 year old won't see anything in a 17 year old other than being young and pretty.

Have you ever seen An Education? It's pretty much this situation...
Origami Bullets
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
She's 16, fair game.

Only a minor when it comes to buying alcohol, not consent.
He's in a position of trust over her, so the age of consent between the two is 18 http://www.teachingexpertise.com/art...s-over-16-5634
Staceyc1990
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If your sure he's being more than nice then I would stay away and change teacher.

I had a maths teacher that took a shine to me like that - was really nice to me and called me a lamb one time cos im shy! Turns out he was a peado and has been charged now.

Just be careful
username1039383
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hes either very very desperate or a paedo. I just hope we dont have another case of a naive school girl running away with a teacher

Posted from TSR Mobile
thisistheend
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Origami Bullets)
He's in a position of trust over her, so the age of consent between the two is 18 http://www.teachingexpertise.com/art...s-over-16-5634
Before you go spouting off on one, this girl has not actually specified the exact circumstances to argue for a legal case either way.

Like she said, he's just a bloomin guitar teacher, which makes me inclined to think he's not working in a specified educational institution. Prob just a private tutor, I'd like to see the CPS sue a man working out of the classified for having found a cute girlfriend.
noobynoo
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
How are you 17? From your writing you seem like you have the emotional age of a 12 year old. srs.
thisistheend
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Secretnerd123)
Hes either very very desperate or a paedo. I just hope we dont have another case of a naive school girl running away with a teacher

Posted from TSR Mobile
Liking a 17 yr old girl doesn't make a man a paedo FFS. paedophiles like *children*, 17yr olds are *adolescents*, young and fully sexually developed.
thisistheend
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Steer well clear. Sorry, but a 40 year old won't see anything in a 17 year old other than being young and pretty.

Have you ever seen An Education? It's pretty much this situation...
When women stop being young and pretty, there is nothing more to see.

Men don't like to date old women if they can help it, or if they have a fetish for it.
Stevo112
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes but if you read that article closely then one could strongly argue that the "teacher" in this situation does not fit the legal definition of "teacher" which would make these laws apply.

The following occupations (2000 act);

Institutions looking after young people who are detained under a court order or enactment, such as a young offenders institution.
Accommodation provided by local authorities and voluntary organisations under statutory provision.
Hospitals, independent clinics, care homes, residential care homes, private hospitals, community homes, voluntary homes, children's homes and residential family centres.
Educational institutions.

Also the following (2003);

Looking after them on an individual basis by providing services under the Learning and Skills Act 2000. This includes Connexions personal advisers. - potentially something relevant here but one would have to look into the LS act further and see whether private home tutoring from an independent body is covered under the LS act, which I suspect might not be as it might just be applicable to established companies, but who knows
Regularly having unsupervised contact with them as part of local authority provision of accommodation to young people who are in need, under police protection or detention, or on remand.
Having regular, unsupervised contact with them as someone who regularly reports to a court on matters of their welfare.
Looking after them on an individual basis as a personal adviser appointed under relevant legislation, such as when young people leave local authority care.
Looking after them in an official capacity on a regular basis when they are subject to a care order, supervision order or education supervision order.
Acting as their guardian as set out in the Children Act 1989, the Adoption Rules 1984 and the Family Proceedings Rule 1991.
Looking after them on an individual basis after their release from detention or in pursuance of a court order. This includes youth offending teams and treatment providers.

Hard to argue that any of them apply to a private tutor, so long as he is not linked to an agency (if he is then that is a different kettle of fish!). One could technically argue that he should be self employed and so his "company" factors into it. Still, pretty murky waters unless there is other relevant legislation.

As it stands, i'm inclined to think that it would be perfectly legal.

As a side note, we have only heard the story from the 17 year old girl's side (speculation) and so it would be inappropriate to comment any further as to this man's intentions because we simply don't know them! There is absolutely no crime in being nice, friendly and happy towards someone you are tutoring.
Dmon1Unlimited
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
extort a guitar out of him and then give that to me
Shaun1991
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
He just wants to strum your quim...

Wait was that innuendo or just obviously crude?
username1039383
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
When women stop being young and pretty, there is nothing more to see.

Men don't like to date old women if they can help it, or if they have a fetish for it.
You seem to be on his side. Idc if men dont like to date older women, dating someone who is legally a child is disgusting and shouldnt be encouaged. Im sure you would love it if a 40 year old virgin was pestering your sister

Posted from TSR Mobile
Canaduh
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'd stay away from him...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (17)
94.44%
No (1)
5.56%

Watched Threads