Ask me owt on reptiles and insects Watch

mikeyd85
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you woke up with your mind in the body of a beetle, would you try to carry on existing in human society or would you join other beetles?
Ladders
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Sphodromantis)
Yes! Quite a lot!
do you have a spider/tarantula ? are they intelligent enough to interact with ?
Sphodromantis
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by The_Last_Melon)
I find spiders fascinating. Do you like or know about spiders also? I know they aren't insects, but I assumed you'd like them. If so what's your favourite species and why?
Over the whole of spiders, I love the jumping spiders of salticadae. They are so beautiful with their big and an look like mini tarantulas. So I guess my fav is the peacock jumping spider! Awesome little guys with great quirks!
Sphodromantis
Rep:
?
(Original post by mikeyd85)
If you woke up with your mind in the body of a beetle, would you try to carry on existing in human society or would you join other beetles?
I would join the others beetles, monkey see, monkey do! in time you'd get used to it!
Sphodromantis
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ladders)
Yep i do, they are very intelligent, at night, my t will crawl into her hit when she hears me turn off the light, then when I open the curtain, she crawls out! thy are like humans, they have their own little personalities! I have a Chilean rose, Honduran Curlyhair, and a orange babboon t, I am getting a Goliath or a salamon pink soon!
Sphodromantis
Rep:
?
My OBT has made her web hammock in her new house!
Spoiler:
Show

Ham22
Report 5 years ago
How do you sex a tarantula?

Do male and female spiders vary in temperament at all?
Shaun1991
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Which insects are renowned for being the most sarcastic?
TheReckless
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Are spiders actually more scared of you than you are of it?
There's a huge, grey-ish spider hiding underneath my bed, which is weird, as I thought spiders preferred to be up in the corners of the room making webs and whatnot.
Sphodromantis
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ham22)
How do you sex a tarantula?
Well, on a tarantula on the underside, they have a back section, "bum" abdomen which is connected to their heads, by their back legs, tarantulas have gentians, on males the have a little hole or arch and have tiny spinnerettes by the side, on females they don't have a hole but more a slit and no extra spinnerettes!
Here's a female Curlyhair!
So as you see, just before their abdomen starts, their is a dark slit.
Males also have hooks on their front legs which they use to lift the female up when mating!
Females are more paccid than males, males just want to mate!
Sphodromantis
Rep:
?
(Original post by Shaun1991)
Which insects are renowned for being the most sarcastic?
Most sarcastic, probably the damsel fly! Or more so the praying mantis!
Sphodromantis
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheReckless)
Are spiders actually more scared of you than you are of it?
There's a huge, grey-ish spider hiding underneath my bed, which is weird, as I thought spiders preferred to be up in the corners of the room making webs and whatnot.
Yes, spiders are more scared of us, that's why they run from us than to us, though tarantulas will accept the challenge and may stick up. As for under the bed, they prefer dark and hot places, he may come out at night to lay his web in the corner of the room, he won't harm you though! Just remove those nasty mozzsies!
LavenderBlueSky88
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Is it true we eat 8 spiders a year?
Sphodromantis
Rep:
?
(Original post by LavenderBlueSky88)
Is it true we eat 8 spiders a year?
Nope! Spiders just don't like hot damp/ moist conditions as high humidity. Spiders are more scared of us and so wouldn't venture into our mouths. They'll usually find a dark, dry corner of the room to lay their net! It was actually a rumour spread by a college for an experiment to see how far it would go, but it hasn't had the best effect on the reputation of spiders! So you need not worry, and have and will never eat a spider, only intentionally!
Ladders
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yep i do, they are very intelligent, at night, my t will crawl into her hit when she hears me turn off the light, then when I open the curtain, she crawls out! thy are like humans, they have their own little personalities! I have a Chilean rose, Honduran Curlyhair, and a orange babboon t, I am getting a Goliath or a salamon pink soon!
do the respond to you voice? my beardie always looks up if he suddenly hears my voice
Sphodromantis
Rep:
?
do the respond to you voice? my beardie always looks up if he suddenly hears my voice
Yeh, he does I say Georgie, or "oi, fat boi" and he'll turn his head and look at me. Does yours ever run up and down the front of the viv? When mine does, I take him and he licks about then clambers to go back in!
jalebii
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
OMG this thread is so interesting to read! Good job OP!
Ladders
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yeh, he does I say Georgie, or "oi, fat boi" and he'll turn his head and look at me. Does yours ever run up and down the front of the viv? When mine does, I take him and he licks about then clambers to go back in!
mine does that too, they call it glass surfing:awesome:
sometimes he'll turn his beard black, usually if the cat wanders near.

if i start playing music out loud he'll swivel his head and fix one eye on me :eyeball:
Sphodromantis
Rep:
?
mine does that too, they call it glass surfing:awesome:
sometimes he'll turn his beard black, usually if the cat wanders near.

if i start playing music out loud he'll swivel his head and fix one eye on me :eyeball:
Haha, yh! my cats don't go near the viv anymore, which is weird cause my bd used to annoy them lol.
I've noticed, mine hasn't waved or head bobbed, although I only have her.
Sphodromantis
Rep:
?
(Original post by lilmissshady)
OMG this thread is so interesting to read! Good job OP!
Lol thanks glad you like it!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have any savings?

Yes (115)
72.78%
No (43)
27.22%

Watched Threads