Turn on thread page Beta

The 13/14 NBA Season Thread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarryJames)
    The best part of the trophy ceremony was just after LeBron got the MVP and him and Andersen were shouting 'hate now' - all the LeBron hate annoys me.

This season should be interesting, can't wait to see if the Lakers try and tank it. They should tell Kobe to take long time off so they could perhaps get a decent pick and have Kobe fully ready for next year

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Even if they attempt to tank it they still won't reach the playoffs imo, top 6 of the west is pretty much set in stone and I can't see them having a better reg season than Portland/Timberwolves/New Orleans.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by S-man10)
    Durantula and his basketball analysis :sigh:

Hater talk more like it
    Haha coming from Mr Bias himself :P

(Original post by brighteyes1994)
    Good work on the new thread bro - as I mentioned in the other thread, I will be setting up a fantasy league for us, mentioning it way ahead of times because it failed last year (my bad).

Snake or auction?
    Draft date? (has to be after sept. 18th I believe)
    Roto or H2H?
    How many teams?

Post here and I will work it out
    Snake
    Dont mind
    H2H
    Lets start sign ups? Maybe make a separate thread for Fantasy bball?

(Original post by Xotol)
    We could go through the entire playoffs and look at 'if LeBron didn't do this...' in so many games (even game 6 if Lebron didn't go on his 4th quarter headbandless tear). Allen's shot was huge, the biggest in NBA history maybe, but it's kind of getting overrated. LeBron's legacy would have taken a hit with a loss, but he's already a champion and 4 time MVP at 28. That's not a legacy that needed preserving or saving. Not to mention that it wasn't a buzzer beater, so who knows if Bosh gets another rebound with Duncan still sitting on the bench or the Spurs choke 2 FTs etc.

legod :adore:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarryJames)
    The best part of the trophy ceremony was just after LeBron got the MVP and him and Andersen were shouting 'hate now' - all the LeBron hate annoys me.

This season should be interesting, can't wait to see if the Lakers try and tank it. They should tell Kobe to take long time off so they could perhaps get a decent pick and have Kobe fully ready for next year

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I thought this was the best part of the trophy ceremony
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8DxcLKMahM

How you guys ranking the west. Thunder will always go far as long as Durant and Westbrook stay healthy. Spurs will somehow still be about despite their aging core. Clippers will be interesting improving on last season with Doc and hopefully getting past the first round this year. GSW were very competetive and now they have Iggy.

ReputationRep:
    Predictions:

MVP: Durant
    DPOY: James

Champions: Chicago Bulls
    FMVP: Rose

Recovery. Return. Redemption. :adore: :adore:

ReputationRep:
    Predictions:

MVP: Rose
    DPOY: LeBron

WCF champions: OKC
    ECF champions: Bulls

NBA Champions: Bulls

Totally unbiased n'all
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Xotol)
    Predictions:

DPOY: James

Champions: Chicago Bulls

Recovery. Return. Redemption. :adore: :adore:
    DPOY: Random pick here, Paul George
    Champions: Thunder
    FMVP: Homer pick, Durant

(Original post by Baines_22)
    I thought this was the best part of the trophy ceremony
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8DxcLKMahM

How you guys ranking the west. Thunder will always go far as long as Durant and Westbrook stay healthy. Spurs will somehow still be about despite their aging core. Clippers will be interesting improving on last season with Doc and hopefully getting past the first round this year. GSW were very competetive and now they have Iggy.

I got the West seeds as:

1. Spurs
    2. Rockets
    3. Thunder
    4. Clippers
    5. Golden State
    6. Grizzlies
    7. Minnesota
    8. Portland or Pelicans

Then Spurs > Pelicans in 4, Rockets > Wolves in 6, Thunder > Grizzlies in 7, Clippers > GSW in 7, then Clippers > Spurs in 7 in 6, Thunder > Rockets in 6, then Thunder > Cllppers in 6.

I got the East as:

1. Heat
    2. Bulls
    3. Nets
    4. Pacers
    5. Knicks
    6. Washington
    7. Cleveland
    8. Detroit

Then Heat > Pistons in 4, Bulls > Cleveland in 5, Nets > Wizards in 4, Pacers > Knicks in 6, Heat > Pacers in 6/7, Bulls > Nets in 6/7, Bulls > Heat in 7.

Then Thunder > Bulls in 6 or 7 most likely

ReputationRep:
    MVP: Lebron
    DPOTY: Dwight

1. Clippers
    2. Thunder
    3. Spurs
    4. Rockets
    5. Memphis
    6. Warriors
    7. TWolves
    8. New Orleans I guess
    In the mix: Portland, LA, Denver

1. Heat
    2. Bulls
    3. Nets
    4. Pacers
    5. Knicks
    6. Wiz
    7. Atlanta
    8. Detroit
    In the mix: Celtics, Bucks, maybe Cleveland

Dunno about finals really I think the top 2 I picked for each conference will play the conference finals though
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by alexsong)
    X

Cleveland will have a far better chance at the playoffs than the Bucks or Celtics, Celtics are in full rebuild and Bucks are trash. Cleveland at least have Kyrie, Waiters, Bennett, Varejao, Bynum, Speights and Thompson. If Bynum stays healthy thats a playoff team for sure.

ReputationRep:
    DPOY: Noah

East
    1)Heat
    2)Bulls
    3)Pacers
    4)Nets
    5)Knicks
    6)Pistons
    7)Hawks
    8) Cavs

2-5 is very interchangeable for me and will prove to be so

West
    1)Thunders
    2)Spurs
    3)Warriors
    4)Clippers
    5)Rockets
    6)Grizzlies
    7)TWolves
    8)Blazers or Kings (oh please, oh please, oh please)

2-6 will probably work out to be different but once again the west is going to be the more exciting conference

Champs: Bulls
    FMPV: DRose

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Durantula)
    Cleveland will have a far better chance at the playoffs than the Bucks or Celtics, Celtics are in full rebuild and Bucks are trash. Cleveland at least have Kyrie, Waiters, Bennett, Varejao, Bynum, Speights and Thompson. If Bynum stays healthy thats a playoff team for sure.
    Forgot about Bynum but I have little faith in his ability to stay healthy, Kyrie is in the same boat really he always seems to be getting hurt, if they stay healthyt hen they will probably make it though to be fair, Jarret Jack is a nice addition.

When Bucks resign Jennings they will line up Jenning - Mayo - someone - Ilyasova - Sanders which is 8th seed material I don't think they are trash they are just average which is what the 8th seed is about.

Celtics I was forgetting their lack of bigs tbh I doubt they will make it but they still got some players I like

ReputationRep:
    x
    (Original post by Durantula)
    x
    You both have wizards quite high up. What am I missing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    You both have wizards quite high up. What am I missing?
    Last season after John Wall came back they were looking like a nice team and they got a decent draft pick in

But once Wall came back on the floor, he clearly had no intentions of ever leaving it again. He's played all 44 games since making his return, guiding Washington to a 24-20 mark along the way. Nene was around for 38 of those games, 22 of them resulting in Wizards wins.

So on the season, Washington holds a 22-16 mark when both Wall and Nene play, good enough for a .579 winning percentage—the same such mark as the fourth-seeded Brooklyn Nets.

ReputationRep:
    Last season after John Wall came back they were looking like a nice team and they got a decent draft pick in
    Hmm food for thought. But it's probably placebo effect. It's like when Liverpool went on that run championship form run 3 season ago where no pressure was on and everyone said they were going to finish in top 4 next season and didn't even come lose.

But food for thought. Hope they make it. Feel for the franchise.

ReputationRep:
    East I got:

Heat
    Pacers
    Bulls
    Nets
    Knicks
    Cavaliers
    Hawks
    Wizards

Heat for EC Champions

West:

Thunder
    Spurs
    Clippers
    Rockets
    Warriors
    Grizzlies
    Nuggets
    Lakers or Hornets

Lakers a controversial pick as they aren't really a playoff team.. But then they weren't last year either

Either way, healthy Thunder make it to the finals to face the Heat and then I take the Thunder in 7.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Its about time John Wall has a breakout season. This year seems like the year. He was on a tear at the end of lasts season. Bradley Beal is also extremely promising and Otto Porter is a safebet to slot in nicely at SF.

Wall
    Beal
    Porter
    Nene
    Okafor

Definitely good enough for a 7/8 seed.

ReputationRep:
    East I got:

Heat
    Pacers
    Bulls
    Nets
    Knicks
    Cavaliers
    Hawks
    Wizards

Heat for EC Champions

West:

Thunder
    Spurs
    Clippers
    Rockets
    Warriors
    Grizzlies
    Nuggets
    Lakers or Hornets

Lakers a controversial pick as they aren't really a playoff team.. But then they weren't last year either

Either way, healthy Thunder make it to the finals to face the Heat and then I take the Thunder in 7.

I'm expecting big things from Golden State this year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    East I have as:
    Heat
    Bulls/Pacers
    Pacers/Bulls
    Nets
    Knicks
    Pistons
    Wizards
    Hawks

Heat to win the conference

West as:
    Thunder
    Spurs
    Clippers
    Rockets
    Warriors
    Grizzlies
    Timberwolves
    Blazers/Nuggets/Lakers depending on Kobe

Thunder to win the conference

Heat beating the Thunder in 6, obviously providing no terrible injuries or old style LeBron fourth quarters.

I can't look past James to win both MVP's

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm in. I'll try to be more active on this forum this season!

My predictions:

MVP Lebron
    DPOY Howard
    MIP Enes Kanter
    ROY Cody Zeller
    COY Doc

(Original post by brighteyes1994)
    Good work on the new thread bro - as I mentioned in the other thread, I will be setting up a fantasy league for us, mentioning it way ahead of times because it failed last year (my bad).

Snake or auction?
    Draft date? (has to be after sept. 18th I believe)
    Roto or H2H?
    How many teams?

Post here and I will work it out
    I'd be up for this (if y'all let me in lol) in which case:

Snake
    Morning or Mid day on a weekend
    H2H
    Don't care

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.