Report 5 years ago
(Original post by AMG44)
Weight: 175lbs (80kg)
Height: 183cm
1RM deadlift: 265KG
1RM squat: 235kg (OLy) 250 low bar
1RM bench: 150kg
1RM OHP (strict form):105kg
1RM clean and jerk: 120kg would drastically improve if I didn't mong clean.
1RM snatch: like 80kg for a power snatch but I never do it.

Was going to do BSM under 80kg but i'm not quite there yet.
Hnnggggggggggggggggggg, so jelly over here. Nice stats man.
AMG44
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by nopenopenope)
Hnnggggggggggggggggggg, so jelly over here. Nice stats man.
what about you?

I've taken a complete break from strength training though with all this work i'm doing as it is taking its toll on my body and have stuck to more bodybuilding. Going run a variational routine of a westside barbell template soon.
nopenopenope
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by AMG44)
what about you?

I've taken a complete break from strength training though with all this work i'm doing as it is taking its toll on my body and have stuck to more bodybuilding. Going run a variational routine of a westside barbell template soon.
  • Weight: 79kg
  • Height:177cm
  • 1RM deadlift: 160kg
  • 1RM squat: 145kg
  • 1RM bench: (I haven't benched in like 6 months so idk, maybe 80/90kg?)
  • 1RM OHP (strict form): 60kg
  • 1RM clean and jerk: 105kg
  • 1RM snatch: 80kg

Really want to work on my oly lifts and maybe compete if I ever get good enough...

Sounds good, you thinking of getting into bbing instead then or is this just temporary?
EonBlueApocalypse
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by AMG44)
This tread is stupid, you want to impress me?

Come back when you can bench 2 times your body weight, overhead press 1.5x , squat 3x and deadlift 3.5 times.
I doubt you'll be on this forum in 5 years time.
AMG44
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by nopenopenope)
  • Weight: 79kg
  • Height:177cm
  • 1RM deadlift: 160kg
  • 1RM squat: 145kg
  • 1RM bench: (I haven't benched in like 6 months so idk, maybe 80/90kg?)
  • 1RM OHP (strict form): 60kg
  • 1RM clean and jerk: 105kg
  • 1RM snatch: 80kg

Really want to work on my oly lifts and maybe compete if I ever get good enough...

Sounds good, you thinking of getting into bbing instead then or is this just temporary?
Good work man, keep it up.

No, I though it would be good to take advice of a none natty, lets just say I was doing that much volume my lower back kind of blew out but it is now back to full health. It is just temporary, might take up rugby at uni but then again I really want to do a comp.

In fact I don't even know what I want, I'm joining a cross fit gym in September just purely to do Oly lifting. Of course I have goals but they are ever changing. I'm just concentrating on a body recompositionat the moment with maintaining strength which I have just achieved but I would like to get more leaner till I get back from holiday then training gets full on more serious.

(Original post by EonBlueApocalypse)
I doubt you'll be on this forum in 5 years time.
elaborate...
Dumachi
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by AMG44)
Weight: 175lbs (80kg)
Height: 183cm
1RM deadlift: 265KG
1RM squat: 235kg (OLy) 250 low bar
1RM bench: 150kg
1RM OHP (strict form):105kg
1RM clean and jerk: 120kg would drastically improve if I didn't mong clean.
1RM snatch: like 80kg for a power snatch but I never do it.

Was going to do BSM under 80kg but i'm not quite there yet.
Jesus

Posted from TSR Mobile
EonBlueApocalypse
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
[QUOTE=AMG44;43599455

elaborate...[/QUOTE]

Going to take a long time to get to those standards.
AMG44
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by EonBlueApocalypse)
Going to take a long time to get to those standards.

Most people will never achieve them standards even with drugs. It is totally possible though with dedication and correct nutrition but if you keep missing workout ect you will never gain strength.
EonBlueApocalypse
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by AMG44)
Most people will never achieve them standards even with drugs. It is totally possible though with dedication and correct nutrition but if you keep missing workout ect you will never gain strength.
I agree, I'd take my hat off to anyone with those stats. That's why I made the joke cause you'll be waiting a hell of a long time for him to come back to you.
In One Ear
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by AMG44)
Did you use drugs to attain those standards? Also surprised at you only being 80kg for those lifts, at what, 6ft?
AMG44
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by In One Ear)
Did you use drugs to attain those standards? Also surprised at you only being 80kg for those lifts, at what, 6ft?
No I didn't. However, I'm still a long way off top power lifters of under 82.5kg. I have a solid 6 years of training under my belt but I a yet to determine how far I can go naturally and yes i'm 6ft.

Do a lot of the top guys use banned performance enhancers? Of course they do, even at this body weight. It would be naive to think otherwise.

I've gone through spells we I haven't been quite as committed as I should and they result in training not been optimised and injury. My current job as a bricklayer is playing havoc with my recovery, people don't understand if you explain as they don't do strength training.

I want to get to a total of 750kg, but as the weights get higher it gets ever so much harder to just increase by 10kg. Which takes us back to this thread, Strength increase is easy for a novice but as you progress it gets ever more, more difficult.
printergirl
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What is ohp anyone? It seems like something everyone does, I've been going gym for a long time and don't know what it is

Posted from TSR Mobile
AMG44
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by printergirl)
What is ohp anyone? It seems like something everyone does, I've been going gym for a long time and don't know what it is

Posted from TSR Mobile
abbreviation of over head press. sohp is no leg drive.
Illidan_Stormrage
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
what program did you use to get that ohp? I'm making solid progress with 5/3/1 and I'm very close to pressing my bodyweight but I'm open to more ideas.
printergirl
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by AMG44)
abbreviation of over head press. sohp is no leg drive.
Should I put that in my workout?
What does it work

Posted from TSR Mobile
AMG44
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Illidan_Stormrage)
what program did you use to get that ohp? I'm making solid progress with 5/3/1 and I'm very close to pressing my bodyweight but I'm open to more ideas.
I found doing 3x5 worked well, 2 ohp and 1 bench a week then alternated the other week. I just change stuff up when I plateau.

Either go to higher reps or go to push press, my shoulder strength is out of the norm for most people though. Generally, people are doing well if their 1rm is 2/3 of their 1rm bench mine is more like 3/4.
(Original post by printergirl)
Should I put that in my workout?
What does it work

Posted from TSR Mobile
I you want, it would prominently the anterior deltoids and medial heads of the deltoids, some posterior, triceps and core.

see this:

http://exrx.net/WeightExercises/Delt...taryPress.html
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (206)
18.61%
No (673)
60.79%
Not really bothered about them (228)
20.6%

Watched Threads