Report 5 years ago
Soon
Bobilina
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by SpiggyTopes)
I've seen TSR saying that it has over 1000000 members, but it clearly doesn't have anything like that many users! The obvious implication is that it probably won't be long until we all leave TSR behind, when do you think you will, and why?

I can see myself stopping using it when I go to uni, I only really use it now because it's the summer holidays and there isn't much else to do sometimes.
I'll be the same, once I go to University. I mean i've only used it to check unofficial mark schemes, discuss exams and receive advice about University.

Other than that, I use it here and there to cure the boring parts of summer, but once Uni begins and i'm living with my friends, there shouldn't be many boring times!
Hellz_Bellz!
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I guess when I get bored of all the trolls or when I stop being a student. Whichever comes first.
Sketch
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Pffft, like that'll happen..
Natalie1712
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi =]

I hope you're all well

I actually only discovered this site when I left university. Oh how I wish I'd discovered it in the summer of 2009 and not in the Autumn of 2012 (or whenever I joined).

xxx
SorryInAdvance
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Many years from now, after I go to uni and finish it. Maybe not until the the day of my viva.
JordanS94
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
I graduate next year so either then or before that. My posting and online activity has decreased significantly over the past few months. I've been preoccupied more with other things: jobs/university/volunteering. And I can't say I derive the same enjoyment out of discussions or hold much interest in threads. The only draws at the moment are keeping in contact with some TSR users and working on some future developments for the site behind the scenes with the mod team (which I think is the most interesting aspect of volunteering with the site).
b-b-but you're one of my favourite moderators :cry2:
Lazuliblue
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think maybe once I've qualified as a teacher...if that ever happens! I enjoy the debate section the most, it's just interesting to see such a wide variety of opinions that I don't get to hear in real life.
This Excellency
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I like to think I can stop at anytime.

The reality is a bit different
SirMasterKey
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
I graduate next year so either then or before that. My posting and online activity has decreased significantly over the past few months. I've been preoccupied more with other things: jobs/university/volunteering. And I can't say I derive the same enjoyment out of discussions or hold much interest in threads. The only draws at the moment are keeping in contact with some TSR users and working on some future developments for the site behind the scenes with the mod team (which I think is the most interesting aspect of volunteering with the site).
No don't leave us!

-----------
I'll stay until I eventually just get bored and never come back.
jam277
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
when I get a job I like that's sustainable
(Original post by Joinedup)
I wonder how many of those headline accounts belong to people who've died, must be quite a few.

If you spent a lot of time shouting the odds about league tables being the be all and end all you'll tend to stop within 1 to 10 weeks of actually going to uni. Dunno if the same people are creating new accounts to distance themselves from their embarrassing earlier rants or if getting into a russell group uni really was the apotheosis they'd hoped for and they no longer need to tell the world how great they are.
:rofl: got a point
Ham22
Report 5 years ago
Who knows. I left for a long while then came back to it.

But like a poster above me wrote, I wish I'd discovered this forum earlier, at the end of GCSEs would have been ideal.
Solemn Rain
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Till I die
Solemn Rain
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Remember my name 'Kidomo'
miser
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I graduated last year, but I still enjoy using the site for debates and discussions, so I expect I'll be sticking around for a little while longer.
Mazzini
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by thelion0)
When TSR itself closes down..
Then we will purchase it and it will continue! :sparta:

Posted from TSR Mobile
LavenderBlueSky88
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Probably when I get a proper job!
username1039383
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
When im not a student.. but even then i might use the other sections (everyday advice etc)

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (199)
27.56%
No (523)
72.44%

Watched Threads