Turn on thread page Beta

Will you ever stop using Facebook? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matt_dragon)
    I have a Facebook account, have had it for 4 years now but I find it really time consuming at times. What are your opinions on it? Will you ever be able to stop using Facebook?
    I stopped using it when I found Twitter. One realises that they can keep up with interesting people and there friends on twitter, wheras only the latter is possible on Facebook.

ReputationRep:
    I have stopped using it, mainly due to the I'm busy revising and also I prefer Twitter!

ReputationRep:
    Probably not. It's just the best way of keeping in touch with all my uni friends because I don't have everyone's phone number. And I don't want to lose touch, they won't get rid of me that easily :nah:

ReputationRep:
    I have contacts who I'd like to keep in touch with.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Good place to read about people moaning about absolutely nothing.

ReputationRep:
    I hardly use Facebook anyway; for some odd reason it's never quite appealed to me! However, I have a feeling that I'll begin using it hell of a lot more once I start Uni this year.

ReputationRep:
    I have an account, but I don't post my life issues on Facebook. I do upload several photos with friends for keepsakes, but I avoid drama of any kind.
    I also contact people there when I don't have my phone, since not everyone has Skype.

So yeah, I doubt I'll ever deactivate my account - even though I've been suspended several times.

ReputationRep:
    A lot of trouble kicked off the other week which would have been entirely impossible if it weren't for Facebook. I don't like the way it causes so many misunderstandings and so much *****iness. Some people seem to be obsessed with reading things into situations that don't really exist. I've lost a close friend because of that, and as a result I no long post any updates. Because I found that, as upsetting as it was to lose a friend, it was even MORE upsetting to see the amount of trouble was caused by dragging other people into a non existent issue. So basically I was in trouble for something I hadn't said. Oh well.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Spotted: Coventry City

is a bag of laughs though

ReputationRep:
    I find facebook and even TSR good places to reply to questions and opinions rather than promote them.

Never use your friends or aquaintences as cause or ammunition, it will only end in tears.

ReputationRep:
    Just deleted my facebook account. Feeling happier already

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.