Turn on thread page Beta

Royal Baby - TSR response? watch

• View Poll Results: Will the new baby be a boy or a girl?
    Boy - the future Prince of Wales and King of England (and maybe Scotland - who knows?)
    8.04%
    Girl - a huge disappointment to all concerned at Buck House
    10.71%
    Something unknown
    4.46%
    I don't care enough to vote but I still want to cast a vote
    76.79%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e hine e)
    Why would all at Buck House be disappointed at the arrival of a future Queen? We kind of have a Queen on the throne right now, and she's done a pretty good (and looong) job.
    I was actually joking about that part, but people seem to have taken it seriously. Of course the Queen has done a marvellous job and is in many ways a marvel herself. Personally I hope it is a girl and they call her 'Elizabeth'.

ReputationRep:
    The only people who are genuinely interested in this inane nonsense are the unwashed masses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rcummins1)
    I'm just hoping the baby's ginger...
    It probably won't be ginger though...

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m92ittyFOK1rvs4ne.gif

(couldn't resist, sorry)

ReputationRep:
    I don't give a flying ****, I just wanted to vote.

ReputationRep:
    It's pretty funny to see people make a big deal out of people who are choosing to make a big deal out of it (if that makes any sense )

If people want to celebrate the arrival of a royal baby let them. The media are only focusing on it so much because they know it'll sell.

ReputationRep:
    Other than the fact that I hope they are happy with their new baby, I otherwise really couldn't care less about whether it's a boy or girl , or what name they'll call it or whether it will look more like Kate or William.

ReputationRep:
    Don't care even 1%

ReputationRep:
    From the voting so far, I'm astonished how little TSRians seem to care about this most noble of babies. Are we a cynical community? I do hope not.

Wouldn't it be great if they televised the first royal baby bathtime?! :bath:
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)

Wouldn't it be great if they televised the first royal baby bathtime?! :bath:
    I'd tune into that! It would be adorable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tilly Seargeant)
    I'd tune into that! It would be adorable.
    And the first Royal Baby dribble?? The first Royal Baby poopoos? The first Royal Baby sickie? The possibilities for excessively maximised TV coverage (in HD, using 24 cameras - also in 3D) are literally endless.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    And the first Royal Baby dribble?? The first Royal Baby poopoos? The first Royal Baby sickie? The possibilities for excessively maximised TV coverage (in HD, using 24 cameras - also in 3D) are literally endless.
    They could make a reality show - A year in the life of the new royal - follow it's first year of life and stuff. It would be so nice to get to see not only the lifestyle of the royals, but also how Will and Kate cope with it. Better than TOWIE any day!

ReputationRep:
    Ah the beauty of one of the exemplary democracies of the world!
    We await the arrival of a future monarch like a bunch of 15th century peasants!!
    Why should we give a flying feck about this particular German family and their off spring??
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    She's gone into labour!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geetar)
    In fairness, I'd be quite interested if Kate gave birth to an alien. Or a shape-shifting reptilian.
    Goddamn you beat me to it.I rather imagine it to be like the birth scene from the first "Men in Black" movie.

(Original post by e hine e)
    Why would all at Buck House be disappointed at the arrival of a future Queen? We kind of have a Queen on the throne right now, and she's done a pretty good (and looong) job.
    To be fair it's pretty hard to **** up sitting on a throne, living in palaces, and shaking hands with random people every so often.

ReputationRep:
    Here come the republicans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plainview)
    Here come the republicans.
    Yay!! :mob: :france: :party2: :evilbanana:

ReputationRep:
    Yay!! :mob: :france: :party2: :evilbanana:
    They only exist on the internet!

ReputationRep:
    Well, like everyone on the interweb, they must also be out there in real life. It's just harder to summon up the courage to protest publicly, given the levels of hysteria around this kind of thing and the police state surveillance.

ReputationRep:
    20% of the UK population is virtual?

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.