Why did you and an ex break up? any regrets? Watch

saraw26
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by sufferin succotash)
Got together, she went to America for a year, met at Christmas everything was fine. Organised a time to meet up when she got back in the summer. Told me we had to "talk"... It was clear she hadn't bothered responding properly to my texts etc.. so i just thought what's the point meeting up if you're gonna break it off. And didn't meet up in the end. Probably the worst pointless relationship i'll ever had. She might like me again now though. We text a fair bit. I must stop this... But we are friends also. meh! ah wells.
yeah, it could be a bad idea getting back together. But obviously it depends on circumstances :P
heavenlyphoto
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
i used to live with the ex and her parents, she started cheating on me ( i had no evidence but you can tell) she was upstairs in the shower so i went through her facebook messages on her laptop and indeed she was cheating... so i showed all the messages some quite dirty to her parents!! she came down the stairs and a riot kicked off!!! i ended up back at my parents!! funny as to see her face as she came in the room and her mum and dad were reading the msgs lol.... what even funnier is the guy she got with got her up the duff and then left her a month later... sweet sweet revenge
JKGB
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I was going back to uni and he was working full time. He said we wouldn't be able to see each other much so there wasn't any point, shortly after he pestered me with texts and Facebook messages, I thought it was sweet at first but it quickly became annoying.
saraw26
Rep:
?
(Original post by heavenlyphoto)
i used to live with the ex and her parents, she started cheating on me ( i had no evidence but you can tell) she was upstairs in the shower so i went through her facebook messages on her laptop and indeed she was cheating... so i showed all the messages some quite dirty to her parents!! she came down the stairs and a riot kicked off!!! i ended up back at my parents!! funny as to see her face as she came in the room and her mum and dad were reading the msgs lol.... what even funnier is the guy she got with got her up the duff and then left her a month later... sweet sweet revenge
Haha! I shouldn't laugh - but if karma is real, this is it
Kazbian
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Both times I lost interest - the first because we didn't see each other much (once a month if that) as a result of my parents and I was young/fickle, and the second because we became more friends than anything else. My main regret is not breaking up with the second earlier. I feel like I dragged it out, but I needed the support and couldn't bear the thought of being alone then - that was selfish of me.
ashleighgiles
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
He suddenly stopped talking to me and deleted all the connections I had to him.
Which was good, because he was an ass from the start
My friend/bro stood up for me, and I really appreciate his actions.

At least now I'm happy with that guy who stood up for me, even though he's a total workaholic
sufferin succotash
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by saraw26)
yeah, it could be a bad idea getting back together. But obviously it depends on circumstances :P
It does, but it won't happen. Our lives separately seem to busy. Tweren't meant to be. l:rolleyes: maybe :O
saraw26
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kazbian)
Both times I lost interest - the first because we didn't see each other much (once a month if that) as a result of my parents and I was young/fickle, and the second because we became more friends than anything else. My main regret is not breaking up with the second earlier. I feel like I dragged it out, but I needed the support and couldn't bear the thought of being alone then - that was selfish of me.
ah, well it least it worked out for the best then
lucine.B
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
He cheated on me and lied through his teeth about it...
Told his mates i had cheated, they then called me every name in the book. When he came out with the truth fina-f***ingly! They beat the **** out of him because they didn't like the fact that they ended up calling me all that and were deceived.
Oh karma certainly is a ***** haha
Bapbabelubah
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I broke up with my ex because of my stupidity
We got together just because I thought he expected me to. I mean, we were quite good friends at first, we would talk for ages, and once I told him I wasn't quite ready for a relationship (since I have a lot of trust issues) - and he promised he'd wait for me. So after one night of him being all sweet and nice, my stupid brain was like 'hey, just give him something in return', and yeah...
After three months I lost the interest, I was angry every time I saw a text from him, I didn't really want to spend time with him...

I don't regret the break up, I think it was the right thing to do. However, I wish I didn't get into a relationship just because I thought he wanted me to. This way, I just lost a great friend.
saraw26
Rep:
?
(Original post by lucine.B)
He cheated on me and lied through his teeth about it...
Hope that happens to him soon, so he know how it feels :P
lucine.B
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hope that happens to him soon, so he know how it feels :P
Haha well i think karma already bit him on his ass!
He told his mated I had cheated on they then called me every name in the book. When he came out with the truth finally! They beat the **** out of him. They didn't like being deceived and calling me names and **** like that. Oh and my bro gave him what was coming as well hehe
Karma really is a ***** haha!!!
Shame really he was (maybe still is) a nice person- why i went out with him in the first place. We're civil now so all is good... :p:
OliverJR
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
1st one - I stopped feeling the same way about her, I stood her up (bad I know), and that was that. Ended up splitting up over text. We don't talk anymore as you would expect.

2nd one - She did not feel the same way anymore so dumped me, 2 days later we got back together, but after about a week, we mutually decided to just be friends. I still speak to her occasionally as a friend so all is well.

3rd one - I split up with her as I found out she was cheating on me. Her 'new' boyfriend messaged me and told me I was being cheated on so that was that. We don't speak anymore and she's blocked me on Facebook because she didn't like what I, and friends had to say.
Illusionary
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
oh haha, it never asked me to select a category, I did think that was a little weird. Can I change it?
Moved to Relationships for you. Choosing a "category" is something that you do before using the "post new thread" button, by choosing the correct forum from the full forum list here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forum.php
Triple-Sod
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
When I was 16 I dumped this girl because she was just miles too clingy,
(of course I didn't tell her that, I said I needed to focus on my GCSE's )

Suppose you could call it regret, certainly always thought I'd been a bit harsh,
after all I was her first real boyfriend. Maybe she was just over-enthusiastic?

Then a few months back, out of the blue she messaged me on Facebook,
we got chatting went on one date and that's when it got really weird....

She tells me she just got a text, apparently her ex was some big violent chav who was currently on bail for putting her in hospital. He's in town, knows we're together and is looking for us. So we spend the rest of our date hiding out down the back streets and I get on the bus home my head spinning..

I'd only just broken up with a girl I'd been with for nearly 2 years, we'd been engaged, practically living together, the whole lot. Did I really want to put myself in the middle of that mess?

Besides part of me couldn't help wondering how he'd known?
Sure one of his mates could have seen us and text him or something but then who text her?
Could she have been winding him up?
Or even there was no violent ex?

Either way I was pretty relived later that night when she sent me this big long text about how we'd both changed so it just wasn't going to work out.

2pm the next day I get another,

'sorry I took so long getting back to you, went to a mate's last night and forgot my phone, my dad just dropped it off at work, how are you? XXX' :eek:

So yeah after that....
Anonymous #1
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Vitamin D)
Because he tried to make me 'wait' for him over summer and was generally a bit of an arse so I found someone better.
Wait for what exactly?
Clip
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
To the best of my recollection, my last 5 girlfriends:

1. She was mad
2. I moved a long way away
3. She moved a long way away
4. I moved a long way away
5. She was mad
LaserPro
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Just wondering about reasons people's relationships break up. Go..
I loved me ex, but she was messing around and taking her emotions out on me (not physically) like she'd done before and I didn't really want to have to experience the pain again.
LavenderBlueSky88
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I hadn't heard from him for a few days and I was getting annoyed that he wasn't replying, so I wrote a rather stroppy Facebook message to him. That evening he phoned me and just said that he hadn't felt the same for months and we should end it.... That was it. I never saw him after that phone conversation. We texted each other occasionally but eventually it fizzled out. It took me a long time to get over because I'd had no real closure and still didn't really know why he decided to end things. The only thing I regret was begging him to take me back, I must have seemed so needy and weak! I wish I hadn't let him take over my life for so long!

Edit: not sure why I've been negged!
Vitamin D
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Wait for what exactly?
Well I was fully committed to the relationship until he came up to my flat the day before I left uni for summer and said we should take a break until we both come back. I was pretty bummed but we'd only been seeing each other a few months so it wasn't a huge deal. I went back home for summer and met a really good guy and decided I'd be honest with the first guy and tell him I'd been with someone and came to my senses about how stupid it was to wait around for 3 months. Basically he didn't want to be with me with me over summer but no one else was allowed to either according to him. Sooooo we don't talk anymore.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (130)
46.43%
Pro-humanity (150)
53.57%

Watched Threads