Turn on thread page Beta

Nice to meet you, TSR! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Welcome to TSR dude! If you really feel like your concentration levels are acting as a hindrance to achieving some GCSE's, then try doing some vocational qualifications or an apprentice? Here's a website: http://www.apprenticeships.org.uk/. This would mean that you learn the skill as well as make money and you can discuss how your disability can be worked out as I'm sure they have facilities for everyone
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Hey, welcome to TSR What do you think so far?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InnerTemple)
    What do you want to do?

If you want to get some qualifications, then I'd recommend speaking to your local college to see what is on offer.

If you want to go into work, then the Job Centre may be a good starting point (I wouldn't normally recommend them). They should be able to point you in the direction of work experience, training courses and even employment.

The two can run together - there is no reason why you cannot do both.

Most importantly, though, you should stay positive. You've had a rough time and it will do no good to beat yourself up over it. Move forward.
    Hi InnerTemple,

To answer the question, there is so much I want to do, but if your talking subjects wise, I want to do something in law, business or engineering, what my big problem is is that I have no qualifications and have no idea where to start, but thanks for your idea, I will look into it

Many Thanks for your support aswell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpdavis)
    Hey, welcome to TSR What do you think so far?
    Hi Cpdavis, I think the site is really helpful, some of the people I have been talking to are really supportive and I'm glad I'm getting the help I need

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SklIsMentalAbuse)
    Welcome to TSR dude! If you really feel like your concentration levels are acting as a hindrance to achieving some GCSE's, then try doing some vocational qualifications or an apprentice? Here's a website: http://www.apprenticeships.org.uk/. This would mean that you learn the skill as well as make money and you can discuss how your disability can be worked out as I'm sure they have facilities for everyone
    Hi SklIsMentalAbuse,

I really like your idea but I think an apprenticeship will be too limited for me as I feel I should get my GCSEs in several subjects, also I am going to try and look for work to work around a timetable, I might go for one after I got my qualifications though, but thank you anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucine.B)
    Ah well thats TSR for ya haha . Thats nice. I also wanted to say that dont worry bout the not having much education, my friends dad left school with no GCSE's and now he's got a top job! There hope for everyone haha. So many ways for you to gain skills.
    Btw its not too hard to get some experience, start in local places that may or may not be relative to the job you wish to have in say the next ten years then try some bigger businesses. For some places you'll have to be quite persistent and saying that you'll work for free should help also.
    How are you finding life at the moment???
    I am currently doing my a levels and shall be starting year 13 this september. Looking forward to it because school will finally be over next year, but not looking forward to it because of all the work. Really don't want to get stressed out!

Also do you have any aspirations for the future???
    Hi Lucine,

My life is such a paradox that in my mind I'm still 14 lol, I have such big goals I want to achieve career wise which is why I really want to get a good education, I really do appreciate your idea of working towards a top job but I feel its for the best I restart my education to give me discipline like following a timetable and not throwing me in the deep end. And as I said before I have a long list of subjects which I want to study and go to university to not feel left out. I think I might've discovered time travel .

But all jokes aside, I think its best I go back and catch up by getting my GCSE's, work experience, A-levels and then university. You sound like your doing really well to get to A-levels, what are you studying? I really can't help with the stress part but I'm sure you will do good

Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Night_owl_93)
    Hi Lucine,

My life is such a paradox that in my mind I'm still 14 lol, I have such big goals I want to achieve career wise which is why I really want to get a good education, I really do appreciate your idea of working towards a top job but I feel its for the best I restart my education to give me discipline like following a timetable and not throwing me in the deep end. And as I said before I have a long list of subjects which I want to study and go to university to not feel left out. I think I might've discovered time travel .

But all jokes aside, I think its best I go back and catch up by getting my GCSE's, work experience, A-levels and then university. You sound like your doing really well to get to A-levels, what are you studying? I really can't help with the stress part but I'm sure you will do good

Good Luck!
    Ah haha well we are all young at heart!
    I get where you're coming from! Well in terms of a levels you could just do that at college. With regards with your GCSE's the best thing i know is self-teaching then all you'd need to do is contact a center, enter for the exams you'd like then turn up to sit that exam. That's what my aunt did- she resat her math and English as she wanted a higher grade. The thing is I am not sure whether or not there's an age restriction. I doubt it though.
    You can obviously get tuition if you do not wish to self teach thats the only way i know at the moment. My friend is doing her a levels this way- private tuition rather than publicly in a school. And well uni is fine, there are so many mature students at uni!
    Time travel!?! :eek: I want in

Gosh i love travelling- i am taking a gap year before university to travel and explore the world
    I study Psychology, Chemistry, Biology, Business & music. I did my french a level in year 10 & 11.
    In my gap year i also intend to do a full physics a level and possibly english lit. I may even do maths haha. I'm a little mad when it comes to education
    Haha thanks, i sure hope i do well or i'll die!

ReputationRep:
    Ah haha well we are all young at heart!
    I get where you're coming from! Well in terms of a levels you could just do that at college. With regards with your GCSE's the best thing i know is self-teaching then all you'd need to do is contact a center, enter for the exams you'd like then turn up to sit that exam. That's what my aunt did- she resat her math and English as she wanted a higher grade. The thing is I am not sure whether or not there's an age restriction. I doubt it though.
    You can obviously get tuition if you do not wish to self teach thats the only way i know at the moment. My friend is doing her a levels this way- private tuition rather than publicly in a school. And well uni is fine, there are so many mature students at uni!
    Time travel!?! :eek: I want in

Gosh i love travelling- i am taking a gap year before university to travel and explore the world
    I study Psychology, Chemistry, Biology, Business & music. I did my french a level in year 10 & 11.
    In my gap year i also intend to do a full physics a level and possibly english lit. I may even do maths haha. I'm a little mad when it comes to education
    Haha thanks, i sure hope i do well or i'll die!
    Hi Lucine,

Sorry for the long time to reply, I have been busy, I really do like your idea of self study then doing exams but I think for the best I prefer to be in a class and then I have to think about costs for the exams which I really do not want to get into lol

But the good news is that I have found a college which are offering English, Maths and Biology GCSE's so I guess they are good for a start, in the future I am looking to study Criminology, Science, Languages and possibly more but those are my main subjects right now (I can give you a long list! ), but looking at your subjects you could say I am doing pretty much the same thing as you! also I am trying to get my backside into a discipline so I don't wake up late for classes lol

But with all jokes aside, I think I know what to do now after reading everyone elses ideas

Many Thanks, Andrew

ReputationRep:
    Hi Lucine,

Sorry for the long time to reply, I have been busy, I really do like your idea of self study then doing exams but I think for the best I prefer to be in a class and then I have to think about costs for the exams which I really do not want to get into lol

But the good news is that I have found a college which are offering English, Maths and Biology GCSE's so I guess they are good for a start, in the future I am looking to study Criminology, Science, Languages and possibly more but those are my main subjects right now (I can give you a long list! ), but looking at your subjects you could say I am doing pretty much the same thing as you! also I am trying to get my backside into a discipline so I don't wake up late for classes lol

But with all jokes aside, I think I know what to do now after reading everyone elses ideas

Many Thanks, Andrew
    No problem Mmm yeah self study takes a bit of determination and discipline. The thing is if you're going to a school/college then they're supposed to pay for your fist exam and then you pay for resits...but it might be slightly different since you're a mature student. Hmm not sure haha. LOL ok

Thats great! I'm happy for you and yes that is a good start!!! You're on your way Oh i love Criminology, such a great course i recently went to a criminology and criminal justice taster day! Plus a family friend is a criminologist I am so fascinated by her job. Ah so you'd like to be bilingual??? Nice. Oooh yes please i'm intrigued a long list would be greatt. Yes i can see, it would appear that we had similar interests haha XD although...music is more my thing though but i do love academia!!! Haha what kind of things are you doing t help you??? Punctuality is key after all hehe.

Well thats really good, like i said the people on here really help you out! They're truly great

Np.

ReputationRep:
    No problem Mmm yeah self study takes a bit of determination and discipline. The thing is if you're going to a school/college then they're supposed to pay for your fist exam and then you pay for resits...but it might be slightly different since you're a mature student. Hmm not sure haha. LOL ok

Thats great! I'm happy for you and yes that is a good start!!! You're on your way Oh i love Criminology, such a great course i recently went to a criminology and criminal justice taster day! Plus a family friend is a criminologist I am so fascinated by her job. Ah so you'd like to be bilingual??? Nice. Oooh yes please i'm intrigued a long list would be greatt. Yes i can see, it would appear that we had similar interests haha XD although...music is more my thing though but i do love academia!!! Haha what kind of things are you doing t help you??? Punctuality is key after all hehe.

Well thats really good, like i said the people on here really help you out! They're truly great

Np.
    Hi Lucine,

Its totally ok, because I haven't got any grades, they agreed to give my main courses for free (yay! ) when I looked at the amount of time its going to take for me to do my subjects, its going to be long so I might do some combined in uni, but stick to my GCSE's at first, I can't remember about my A-levels question but I think I may be able to skip that step and do some Access courses. As for the list of subjects, be prepared for a long one lol some of these I am trying to combine:

Forensics
    Criminology
    Law
    Forensic Accounting
    Chemistry
    Physics
    Geology
    History
    Computer Science
    A few languages

As you can see, I am very Sci-fi/detective inspired lol that taster day you mentioned sounds really good! do they give you much info? does your family friend do quite a lot with the system like does she help the police or do detective work, it sounds like a really cool job! As for the languages, they're probably more for personal interest but I would like to incorporate them into a career some day music is quite fun to listen to, it helps me concentrate when I'm so confused about something. But like I said, I'm just going to start off with my English, Maths and Biology GCSE's at the college, luckily I come from near Exeter so I have a college and university close together so distance is good! Afterwards, I'll see where the advisers advise me to go lol

So far everything is going to plan, yay!

ReputationRep:
    Hi Lucine,

Its totally ok, because I haven't got any grades, they agreed to give my main courses for free (yay! ) when I looked at the amount of time its going to take for me to do my subjects, its going to be long so I might do some combined in uni, but stick to my GCSE's at first, I can't remember about my A-levels question but I think I may be able to skip that step and do some Access courses. As for the list of subjects, be prepared for a long one lol some of these I am trying to combine:

Forensics
    Criminology
    Law
    Forensic Accounting
    Chemistry
    Physics
    Geology
    History
    Computer Science
    A few languages

As you can see, I am very Sci-fi/detective inspired lol that taster day you mentioned sounds really good! do they give you much info? does your family friend do quite a lot with the system like does she help the police or do detective work, it sounds like a really cool job! As for the languages, they're probably more for personal interest but I would like to incorporate them into a career some day music is quite fun to listen to, it helps me concentrate when I'm so confused about something. But like I said, I'm just going to start off with my English, Maths and Biology GCSE's at the college, luckily I come from near Exeter so I have a college and university close together so distance is good! Afterwards, I'll see where the advisers advise me to go lol

So far everything is going to plan, yay!

You alright??? Thats fab!!! Hmm it may but some people can do their full GCSE's in a year i did some in a year, you just need to be dedicated but honestly take as much time as you need to. You don't wanna mess this up i'm sure haha.

Oh well thats good. Ah great list pretty much the same as mine!
    In terms of studying:
    Forensic chemistry (lab analysis not CSI although thats very interesting)
    Chemistry
    Molecular Gastronomy
    Biochemistry
    Psychology/forensic psychology
    Criminology
    History
    Philosophy and ethics
    Biotechnology
    Modern languages...but i'm already bilingual so not sure maybe hospitality and travel instead.
    Business

But my no.1 is Music!!!

Yes i see haha i looooove science! It was great. if you're interested just go on this http://www.london.ac.uk/tasters they'll have so many next year thing is they're in London...but i'm sure you could find some in your area. I mean uni's tend to provide days specific to one subject and that.

Its god that you're interested in all this! kind of like me literally haha i have sooo many interests maybe too many some might say

Music is great which is why i want to pursue it!
    Thats good, start small then get bigger lol in terms of your subjects
    Lovely. Exeter is a great uni. Thats probably the best thing to do

Aww well that's nice to hear. Love it when a plan comes together (and yes i did just quote someone form the A-team...but do you know who??? )

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

Happy to help in Maths, English and History if I can and try with others if you want clarification on anything - sometimes hearing someone other than the textbook/one teacher helps (: just let me know + well done on the plan so far!! Sounds great (:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You alright??? Thats fab!!! Hmm it may but some people can do their full GCSE's in a year i did some in a year, you just need to be dedicated but honestly take as much time as you need to. You don't wanna mess this up i'm sure haha.

Oh well thats good. Ah great list pretty much the same as mine!
    In terms of studying:
    Forensic chemistry (lab analysis not CSI although thats very interesting)
    Chemistry
    Molecular Gastronomy
    Biochemistry
    Psychology/forensic psychology
    Criminology
    History
    Philosophy and ethics
    Biotechnology
    Modern languages...but i'm already bilingual so not sure maybe hospitality and travel instead.
    Business

But my no.1 is Music!!!

Yes i see haha i looooove science! It was great. if you're interested just go on this http://www.london.ac.uk/tasters they'll have so many next year thing is they're in London...but i'm sure you could find some in your area. I mean uni's tend to provide days specific to one subject and that.

Its god that you're interested in all this! kind of like me literally haha i have sooo many interests maybe too many some might say

Music is great which is why i want to pursue it!
    Thats good, start small then get bigger lol in terms of your subjects
    Lovely. Exeter is a great uni. Thats probably the best thing to do

Aww well that's nice to hear. Love it when a plan comes together (and yes i did just quote someone form the A-team...but do you know who??? )
    A year? I would have to be really intelligent for that, the advisers think since the last time I studied was almost 5 years ago, my mindset has been inactive for a long time so they are looking to put me just below GCSE, probably foundation, I'm not sure, so I feel like I'm in a alternate universe where I am 14 all over again, but with no problems to worry about this time! lol

The subjects you mentioned are very similar to me lol some look really interesting to look into, you sound like you will really ace them! (good luck with them!)

Also I will be looking out for uni taster days and see what happens

But a lot of my subjects are mostly fiction inspired lol but if I like that kind of stuff, I might as well try it

I will be keeping things quite basic to start off with, then when I feel more confident I will try for an apprenticeship in any of my subjects to get work experience and start saving money for the fees

You quoted Col. John Hannibal Smith lol sorry, just had to throw that in Although I like to say "The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"

So yeah, you sound like you know what your doing, I have only just found out time travel Hopefully we will end up teaming up in the future

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SnowyGreyWolf)
    Hello,

Happy to help in Maths, English and History if I can and try with others if you want clarification on anything - sometimes hearing someone other than the textbook/one teacher helps (: just let me know + well done on the plan so far!! Sounds great (:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi SnowyGreyWolf,

That sounds great, I know what you mean, I need a class to literally "wake me up" and thanks for the support, it means a lot

Many Thanks, Andrew

ReputationRep:
    A year? I would have to be really intelligent for that, the advisers think since the last time I studied was almost 5 years ago, my mindset has been inactive for a long time so they are looking to put me just below GCSE, probably foundation, I'm not sure, so I feel like I'm in a alternate universe where I am 14 all over again, but with no problems to worry about this time! lol

The subjects you mentioned are very similar to me lol some look really interesting to look into, you sound like you will really ace them! (good luck with them!)

Also I will be looking out for uni taster days and see what happens

But a lot of my subjects are mostly fiction inspired lol but if I like that kind of stuff, I might as well try it

I will be keeping things quite basic to start off with, then when I feel more confident I will try for an apprenticeship in any of my subjects to get work experience and start saving money for the fees

You quoted Col. John Hannibal Smith lol sorry, just had to throw that in Although I like to say "The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"

So yeah, you sound like you know what your doing, I have only just found out time travel Hopefully we will end up teaming up in the future

Not really you'd just need to work hard and spend A LOT of time studying haha. Hmm yeah its probably best you learn in a school/college environment. So it'd be like year 9??? Cool i'm sure that will help then you'll soon be able to do your GCSE's lol

Haha yeah i realised They really do XD Lol i hope i ace term or i'll be resitting everything trying not to think about it though.

Thats always good. Thats great, do everything when you're ready just take your time, theres no rush . Ah don't even talk to me about fees lol.

Of course!!! For a second i thought you many not get it. Love Hannibal...in fact love them all lmfao. Love that quote its real nice.

I sure hope sp, my mind wasn't as clear as this at the beginning of the year! Awesome! You must share don't be selfish hehe.
    Aww that'd be cool

ReputationRep:
    Not really you'd just need to work hard and spend A LOT of time studying haha. Hmm yeah its probably best you learn in a school/college environment. So it'd be like year 9??? Cool i'm sure that will help then you'll soon be able to do your GCSE's lol

Haha yeah i realised They really do XD Lol i hope i ace term or i'll be resitting everything trying not to think about it though.

Thats always good. Thats great, do everything when you're ready just take your time, theres no rush . Ah don't even talk to me about fees lol.

Of course!!! For a second i thought you many not get it. Love Hannibal...in fact love them all lmfao. Love that quote its real nice.

I sure hope sp, my mind wasn't as clear as this at the beginning of the year! Awesome! You must share don't be selfish hehe.
    Aww that'd be cool
    Hi Lucine,

It does sound like I will be year 9 (hooray for time travel! ),I will probably be taking it slowly by just sticking to college and dealing with personal things like getting my driving sorted and not throwing everything in at once!

I was at the university yesterday collecting any research I can on the subjects, so I better study good lol I think looking at the requirements sound like a scare in themselves! You sound like you know what your doing, I say don't cram everything at once and take it slow, I find it's easier to do that

The fees do look very high, I'm sure theres a way to lower them and make it easier

Believe me, the amount of time I have been away from actual study, I did watch a load of film so I know my media The A-team was a great film, Liam Neeson is a good actor

If I have learned anything over the last few years is if you keep your mind more focused on your future, everything does sink in because you know it will be useful, as for me, in my mind and I quote from the college adviser "my mindset was "frozen" for a long time" so in my head, I'm still a kid in a cute way lol so I'm ready to study anything which is why my list of subjects is kind of like a variety so I get a taste of everything, which I think is great for me

But yeah, like I said, our subjects are so similar, we would probably end up helping each other out with topics, even though I'm technically still at school I'm still willing to listen and help, I feel when people support me, I should help them any way I can

So to sum me up, I'm a 20 year old with the mindset of a 14 year old who was "frozen" for a few years or just simply a 20 year old who time traveled back to school years, either way, I feel younger already!

ReputationRep:
    Hi Lucine,

It does sound like I will be year 9 (hooray for time travel! ),I will probably be taking it slowly by just sticking to college and dealing with personal things like getting my driving sorted and not throwing everything in at once!

I was at the university yesterday collecting any research I can on the subjects, so I better study good lol I think looking at the requirements sound like a scare in themselves! You sound like you know what your doing, I say don't cram everything at once and take it slow, I find it's easier to do that

The fees do look very high, I'm sure there's a way to lower them and make it easier

Believe me, the amount of time I have been away from actual study, I did watch a load of film so I know my media The A-team was a great film, Liam Neeson is a good actor

If I have learned anything over the last few years is if you keep your mind more focused on your future, everything does sink in because you know it will be useful, as for me, in my mind and I quote from the college adviser "my mindset was "frozen" for a long time" so in my head, I'm still a kid in a cute way lol so I'm ready to study anything which is why my list of subjects is kind of like a variety so I get a taste of everything, which I think is great for me

But yeah, like I said, our subjects are so similar, we would probably end up helping each other out with topics, even though I'm technically still at school I'm still willing to listen and help, I feel when people support me, I should help them any way I can

So to sum me up, I'm a 20 year old with the mindset of a 14 year old who was "frozen" for a few years or just simply a 20 year old who time traveled back to school years, either way, I feel younger already!

Hey!!! Yes hooray indeed. Man i would love to travel back in time okay yeah one step at a time.

Aww dw about it! You'll soon realise the requirements aren't just high you've just been out of school & education for a while i'm sure you'll exceed said requirements
    Ah dw i never cram except for an exam. I'm pretty relaxed haha. Working at your own pace is always best i like to work quickly and efficiently.

They are...hmm or you could get a student loan??? Shouldn't matter much for me though as i intend to study abroad

I know my media too!!! Everyone at my school is always wondering how i watch all these movies but still do all my work and every other extra curricular i take part in..really don't know how i do XD I love movies and well i'm interested in so so so much! Liam Neeson is awesome! really love him although taken 2 disappointed me but not on his part ( he was the only good part hehe)

Really i think about the future??? And i know what i want/need to do but i focus on the now as the future is never a guarantee (hate to think of that but it is true...)
    I say have a clear mind of the direction you're going in and where you expect to be in say 5 years etc. but focus on the now and make sure you excel now because otherwise you cannot do what you want in the future and well all your plans will essentially backfire. But i agree with you. I think if you keep your future in mind but focus on the now you'll be motivated to do well to succeed in the future. Totally understand what your adviser said. Haha well we are all a kid at heart. Sometimes i act of think like an 8 year old but i love it. Its nice lol. Yes of course in a cute way. Nothing could be cuter Well that's fab you need variety can't be doing the same thing all the time. Its also great to explore new ideas and subjects so you can really know whats best for you!

Yeah definitely its good to help others out i love to help. And well yes i'll most likely need your help also hehe. Lol well i'm still at school awww that's nice. Really sweet of you

Hahaha glad to be back at school??? Or rather to be going back???
    Lmfao young?!! You are bloody young! XD I guess you feel like a teenager again??? LOL Aww well at least you'll be in the zone and thinking like a year 9 kid with some elements of adult :^_^: Ah to be 14 again without a care in the world hahahaha :daydreaming:

ReputationRep:
    Hey!!! Yes hooray indeed. Man i would love to travel back in time okay yeah one step at a time.

Aww dw about it! You'll soon realise the requirements aren't just high you've just been out of school & education for a while i'm sure you'll exceed said requirements
    Ah dw i never cram except for an exam. I'm pretty relaxed haha. Working at your own pace is always best i like to work quickly and efficiently.

They are...hmm or you could get a student loan??? Shouldn't matter much for me though as i intend to study abroad

I know my media too!!! Everyone at my school is always wondering how i watch all these movies but still do all my work and every other extra curricular i take part in..really don't know how i do XD I love movies and well i'm interested in so so so much! Liam Neeson is awesome! really love him although taken 2 disappointed me but not on his part ( he was the only good part hehe)

Really i think about the future??? And i know what i want/need to do but i focus on the now as the future is never a guarantee (hate to think of that but it is true...)
    I say have a clear mind of the direction you're going in and where you expect to be in say 5 years etc. but focus on the now and make sure you excel now because otherwise you cannot do what you want in the future and well all your plans will essentially backfire. But i agree with you. I think if you keep your future in mind but focus on the now you'll be motivated to do well to succeed in the future. Totally understand what your adviser said. Haha well we are all a kid at heart. Sometimes i act of think like an 8 year old but i love it. Its nice lol. Yes of course in a cute way. Nothing could be cuter Well that's fab you need variety can't be doing the same thing all the time. Its also great to explore new ideas and subjects so you can really know whats best for you!

Yeah definitely its good to help others out i love to help. And well yes i'll most likely need your help also hehe. Lol well i'm still at school awww that's nice. Really sweet of you

Hahaha glad to be back at school??? Or rather to be going back???
    Lmfao young?!! You are bloody young! XD I guess you feel like a teenager again??? LOL Aww well at least you'll be in the zone and thinking like a year 9 kid with some elements of adult :^_^: Ah to be 14 again without a care in the world hahahaha :daydreaming:
    My situation does actually feel like time travel, but I would say I'm more closer to waking up from a cryogenic sleep! Although I now have a plan, I'm still not going to cram everything in at once, just keep it basic

Thanks for the support, I really do appreciate it, just need to keep my head up and always show a positive attitude and by the time it finishes I would end up missing it lol I totally agree with your way of studying, because at your own pace you can focus more but with me I need the discipline so I don't go lazy, remember, I'm only a kid hehe

Student loan does sound like a good idea but I'm not thinking about university fees right now as I like to keep things basic for now, I'm thinking of doing an apprenticeship after college so I get the work experience and some sort of income to live on Studying abroad sounds great, I would love to do something like that, you sound like you would do really well with an opportunity like that, good luck!

I just love films! I can sit in and watch a collection of films if I wanted to, but since I moved to my new place I haven't had the chance! so I definitely need a film day at some point Like you I have so many interests but I like to take them and try and make something with them hence my long list of subjects I still haven't seen Taken, I got it recorded on my parents tv but haven't watched it yet, might as well just get the dvd

Everyone has different ways of sinking information in, I find that thinking of my future helps me because I'm only at the beginning, so I guess that's why I find it easy to think like that so I kind of take that back (sorry ). I agree with your point at the same time, if you stay focused right now, then the next step will open up if I understood that well Everyone is still a kid on the inside, my mind works like a 14 year old who has just woken up from a long sleep, like where I'm more interested in studying and starting to think about my future but I also like to play games or watch films at home. A lot of my subjects are mostly fiction inspired but I figured if I like them, why not do them?

I find it leaves a nice feeling on the inside after you help someone, then you know you have their trust in the future, and like I said, even though I don't know much right now, I'm always there to listen and give advice Thanks, I find good manners brings you a good reputation

I think going back to school sounds much more fitting, either way, I'm happy that I'm doing something now. To this day, I still feel like a teenager but it is very explainable, knowing me I would probably end up doing teenager stuff, I can write a list of what I missed out on If anyone asks about my current status, I'm now just going to say "on a parallel world where I managed to do school without any operations"

I would do anything to be 14 again, but without my disability so I would've been able to complete school, college, uni and build a social life, things would've been so different, just living my dream

ReputationRep:
    My situation does actually feel like time travel, but I would say I'm more closer to waking up from a cryogenic sleep! Although I now have a plan, I'm still not going to cram everything in at once, just keep it basic

Thanks for the support, I really do appreciate it, just need to keep my head up and always show a positive attitude and by the time it finishes I would end up missing it lol I totally agree with your way of studying, because at your own pace you can focus more but with me I need the discipline so I don't go lazy, remember, I'm only a kid hehe

Student loan does sound like a good idea but I'm not thinking about university fees right now as I like to keep things basic for now, I'm thinking of doing an apprenticeship after college so I get the work experience and some sort of income to live on Studying abroad sounds great, I would love to do something like that, you sound like you would do really well with an opportunity like that, good luck!

I just love films! I can sit in and watch a collection of films if I wanted to, but since I moved to my new place I haven't had the chance! so I definitely need a film day at some point Like you I have so many interests but I like to take them and try and make something with them hence my long list of subjects I still haven't seen Taken, I got it recorded on my parents tv but haven't watched it yet, might as well just get the dvd

Everyone has different ways of sinking information in, I find that thinking of my future helps me because I'm only at the beginning, so I guess that's why I find it easy to think like that so I kind of take that back (sorry ). I agree with your point at the same time, if you stay focused right now, then the next step will open up if I understood that well Everyone is still a kid on the inside, my mind works like a 14 year old who has just woken up from a long sleep, like where I'm more interested in studying and starting to think about my future but I also like to play games or watch films at home. A lot of my subjects are mostly fiction inspired but I figured if I like them, why not do them?

I find it leaves a nice feeling on the inside after you help someone, then you know you have their trust in the future, and like I said, even though I don't know much right now, I'm always there to listen and give advice Thanks, I find good manners brings you a good reputation

I think going back to school sounds much more fitting, either way, I'm happy that I'm doing something now. To this day, I still feel like a teenager but it is very explainable, knowing me I would probably end up doing teenager stuff, I can write a list of what I missed out on If anyone asks about my current status, I'm now just going to say "on a parallel world where I managed to do school without any operations"

I would do anything to be 14 again, but without my disability so I would've been able to complete school, college, uni and build a social life, things would've been so different, just living my dream
    Ah yes that makes sense. Thats good, like i said one step at a time. Do whatever feels right

Of course!!! that's the only way. I'm a very optimistic person which is hard to believe considering my past! No problem i'll support you no matter what, you've got a good thing going! Hahaha well i'm a pretty disciplined person so that way works for me but i see. You need to get your ass in check LOL Oh i know haha.

Hmm i personally wouldn't as i hate the idea of being in debt but it may be the choice for you when you reach that stage. Great! that's perfect, what kind??? have you been looking around??? You should also get an internship (you can get so many summer ones & they're usually paid). Why don't you then??? How do you mean???
    :confused: wouldn't everyone do well with an opportunity like that??? Oh and thanks good luck to you too

Same here!!! I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE movies i'd love to be an actor (movies specifically) although I've been lucky enough to be in the cast of some West end shows when i was younger of course haha. I literally just watch movies all day...however i've been sooo busy lately that I just don't have any time atm but i plan to watch as many as i can over the holidays whilst i have time!!! You haven't seen it?!! Wow you must haha. Same here!!! I have a ton of interests its unreal just ask any of my friends!!! And i always do something to pursue it. I mean i love music and its my life so i choose to constantly write songs, and go to the studio to meet players and that and network and all that stuff. I love dance so i dance an have done from a young age! I do all the sports i can because i love sports and well i was training to be a pro athlete in year 9 and compete in 2012 but that dream sadly came to a halt but i reckon in a few years time maybe i can get it started again. I do sooo many things i've lost count lol.

Yes of course we're all different. It certainly does, having an idea of what you want in the future allows you to do all you can now to get it. No need to say sorry haha.
    Hahaha we're all the same! Ahh well you're awake now so can live life and have some fun as a 14 year old Wanna study but have some fun as well. Ooooh what games do you play??? What console do you have??? I love playing games, cooking, tv, movies, music well a lot of things in my spare time. I could give you a list if you want???
    Well of course why not??? Well said I gained my first interest in forensics from watching a looooot of NCIS (love that show its the best) and well my interest in psychology came from a lot of things hehe.

Ah well for me i feel like helping others is programmed inside of me. I can't not help people for some reason. I mean even if its hard i can at least try! I don't really do it to feel better i do it because i know i can and any help is better than none right??? but yes it is good to feel nice when you've helped another i guess it can make you feel like your life has meaning or something. Its great! I love helping others and well basically showing them they have a chance in life esp. when they feel like they don't!!! Haha well good manners are the sign of a good man or rather a gentleman.

Ah yes well anyone would be. You should be happy! Hmm i get what you mean, if only that universe existed.
    With regards to your disability how bad is your hip dysplasia now??? What did the operations actually do for you???
    My operations & treatment for my problem took up most of my primary school years. I was in and out 24/7 but i do remember enjoying while could. i wasn't fully in school until year 4 when all was ok. But i don't have a disability so i guess its different for you.
    I'm sure you have a new dream now though??? Which is to i dunno succeed in life??? I suppose it would've been nice to go through life like that, not have to worry about when where you're going to hospital for how long etc. But i think you're past shapes who you are today and well everything happens for a reason. So think its kind of good you didn't live the so-called normal way (your dream). You have because at least now you'll be an example to others showing its all possible and well that nothing can stop you, you just need to keep you head straight and work hard & well want to get somewhere in life.
    Its all good hehe
    How have you been lately???

ReputationRep:
    Hi Andrew

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered welcome lounge threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.