Turn on thread page Beta

Do you read more than one book at a time? watch

ReputationRep:
    The maximum number of books I've read at the same time is 5. I used to read more than one book a lot but recently (last 2 - 3 years), it's been one book at a time.

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently reading 3 books at once and considering starting a fourth. I quite often have a longer book that i am reading and then read shorter ones along with it (Usually from a YA series that I haven't finished but started when i was younger)
    • TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Study Helper
    I read one at a time. Otherwise for me, if I read about 3 or 4 at the same time I wouldn't be able to appreciate narrative style/voice, characters and etc and I would read way faster. This is because I would want to 'get it over with' and read another book. Also, if I liked a book more than the other book I would tend to carry on with the better book and never pick up the other book again which annoys me.

So I tend to read one at a time instead to have an appreciation of the novel itself.

ReputationRep:
    You know when you get a new toy and immediatly want to play with it? Yup, that's what i do when i have 2 or 3 new books - i get excited and find myself alternating between the new additions :lol: But usually, i try to keep to just the one so i can get into the mind set of the novel.

ReputationRep:
    I do this a lot especially doing English Lit. I usually have a few books on the go, some that I read for uni and some for pleasure. At the moment I'm reading LOTR for my dissertation and The Stand by Stephen King

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I especially mix non-fiction and fiction.

ReputationRep:
    I try not to because It usually results in me finishing neither of them. But sometimes I have 2 or 3 books on the go, especially if they are completely different genres.

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.