Turn on thread page Beta

Swapping accommodation 2013 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chandler17)
    No, Hampstead was very low on my choices! Only because I am completely new to London and not 100% confident about navigating around the city to campus from Hampstead. :dong: May I ask what makes you want Hampstead? Is it due to the nice neighborhood? I am going to see how I feel once I get there, and then after the required 7 days has passed I might want to swap.
    Sure, I quite like the area and don't mind using transport to get to Strand plus the fact that Hampstead is cheap makes it my first choice!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who has gotten Stampford Street Apartment want to swap with mine?

ReputationRep:
    I have an ensuite at Moonraker Point - anyone want to swap who has Wolfson House or Great Dover Street?

ReputationRep:
    I got hampstead, is anyone willing to swap for Wolfson house?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chandler17)
    No, Hampstead was very low on my choices! Only because I am completely new to London and not 100% confident about navigating around the city to campus from Hampstead. :dong: May I ask what makes you want Hampstead? Is it due to the nice neighborhood? I am going to see how I feel once I get there, and then after the required 7 days has passed I might want to swap.
    Just wanted to say that i lived in Hampstead last year and it really is the best halls ever, although it seems far away, it's so easy to get home from a night out! I absolutely loved living in Hampstead! It's also really easy to get to campus, the only downside is how long it takes, (takes roughly 30 mins or so) but if you want to get to strand you can take the number 13 bus which directly takes you there, from the residence its literally just a 5/10 minute walk to the bus stop. If your studying at Guys campus or the waterloo campus, you can take the 13,82 or 113 bus to finchley road station and take the jubilee line which takes you directly to waterloo or london bridge station.

ReputationRep:
    Just to add on to the list of swaps - I have an offer for a SINGLE room at Hampstead Residences. Charming place. Naysayers may say that it's too far from campus, but if you're looking to save some money ( Only 16 pounds a day, compared to other residences - 24 pounds a day), stop horsing around and get a swap into Hampstead Residences!

You'll save 2000 pounds a year.

Now that i'm done with the sales pitch, I wouldn't mind any offers of single or shared rooms at (in no order of merit)

i) Stamford Street Apartments
    ii) Great Dover Apts
    iii) Moonraker Point
    iv) The Rectory
    v) Wolfson House
    vi) Even any of the catered colleges

If you are considering swapping your offered accommodation with me, please PM me.

Andrew

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! I'm looking to swap a place at International Hall, for either GDS or Wolfson house!

Would be much appreciated. Many thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leobutterfly)
    Just wanted to say that i lived in Hampstead last year and it really is the best halls ever, although it seems far away, it's so easy to get home from a night out! I absolutely loved living in Hampstead! It's also really easy to get to campus, the only downside is how long it takes, (takes roughly 30 mins or so) but if you want to get to strand you can take the number 13 bus which directly takes you there, from the residence its literally just a 5/10 minute walk to the bus stop. If your studying at Guys campus or the waterloo campus, you can take the 13,82 or 113 bus to finchley road station and take the jubilee line which takes you directly to waterloo or london bridge station.
    Hi there!
    I would love if you give me some advice, I just got an offer for Hampstead and I am trilled as this was my first choice but I got allocated in a twin room. Do you have any idea how bad are the twin rooms there, I have never shared a room with anyone and this will be quite a shock to me..

ReputationRep:
    How has everyone got an accommodation offer??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joseph.T)
    How has everyone got an accommodation offer??
    They are being sent out in batches.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Looney Tunes)
    They are being sent out in batches.
    Oh ok. I guess the people who haven't had theirs yet just haven't posted.

I was worried because on the page where it says your preferences have been saved, there was a start button that I never pressed, but I just went back to try it and it just takes you to step 1.

I've probably reset my application now I've done that lol...

ReputationRep:
    Oh ok. I guess the people who haven't had theirs yet just haven't posted.

I was worried because on the page where it says your preferences have been saved, there was a start button that I never pressed, but I just went back to try it and it just takes you to step 1.

I've probably reset my application now I've done that lol...
    If you want to you can ring them up and just ask if you're allocated a room. I know that a lot of people called the Accommodation office and were told that they got a room and need to wait for their offer emails.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MPN)
    If you want to you can ring them up and just ask if you're allocated a room. I know that a lot of people called the Accommodation office and were told that they got a room and need to wait for their offer emails.
    Ok thanks might do that in a minute.

But at least that means the possibility I just reset my application doesn't matter.

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanks might do that in a minute.

But at least that means the possibility I just reset my application doesn't matter.
    No problem! I know how nerve-wracking this is and just knowing that you will get a room can put your mind at peace Good luck calling, I know it won't be that easy, especially now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 68beats)
    Hi there!
    I would love if you give me some advice, I just got an offer for Hampstead and I am trilled as this was my first choice but I got allocated in a twin room. Do you have any idea how bad are the twin rooms there, I have never shared a room with anyone and this will be quite a shock to me..
    The twin rooms aren't too bad, i know some people have got on really well with the person their sharing with But i do know some people who have shared rooms and they barely talk to the person their sharing a room with but they've never had any problems with regards to their stuff being stolen so i wouldn't worry too much You'll both have your own wardrobes, your own desks and your own sink in your room so you don't have to worry about sharing these things

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leobutterfly)
    The twin rooms aren't too bad, i know some people have got on really well with the person their sharing with But i do know some people who have shared rooms and they barely talk to the person their sharing a room with but they've never had any problems with regards to their stuff being stolen so i wouldn't worry too much You'll both have your own wardrobes, your own desks and your own sink in your room so you don't have to worry about sharing these things
    That sounds pretty good to me, thank you! Do you by an chance have an idea how big the twin rooms are? I hope I will be able to fit all my stuff in and the person I am allocated with a nice enough person.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I got an offer for Ewen Henderson Court, just wondering if anyone wanted to swap for GDS? I'm doing dentistry and there are no dental students in Ewen Henderson!

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone. I have been offered a single and standard room for the Hampstead Residence and am willing to swap for other King's residences,preferably Stampford Street Apt. I am going to have my lessons in Strand Campus therefore H. Residence is really far away from me. If anyone wants to change please let me know.

ReputationRep:
    Hiya I have an offer of accommodation for Moonraker point, its an ensuite room in a flat of four other people and I am looking to swap to either Stamford street apartments or great dover street apartments, if anyone is interested please let me know asap, thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have a single room in Hughes Parry Halls which is an intercollegiate hall and is very central. Would you be interested in swapping?

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.