Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Peanut butter is giving me the ****s :/ Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vox0)
    If we're talking breakfast I go for egg whites. 2 egg whites and one whole, more if bulking. Not super delicious but one of the more popular high protein breakfast options.

Recommend this guy if you're serious about diet options and meals: http://www.youtube.com/user/MichaelKoryFitness
    Ah ok thanks, might need to buy more eggs

Is scramble OK sometimes/ Granted that also can have fun with my tummy

(Original post by Dumachi)
    What brand peanut butter you have?
    Tesco/Asda's own or Sunpat
    Soemtimes she gets me Nutella and I'm like :awesome:
    but it's bad for good gains
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riku)
    Consider this: http://www.myprotein.com/sports-nutr.../10530743.html

No added oils in this, oils make the laxative effect worse.

ReputationRep:
    Consider this: http://www.myprotein.com/sports-nutr.../10530743.html

No added oils in this, oils make the laxative effect worse.
    Thank you
    I feel guilt buying anything from myprotein, seems a bit obsessive for me to do :/
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riku)

Thank you
    I feel guilt buying anything from myprotein, seems a bit obsessive for me to do :/
    I life we aim to get the best of everything, there's no second time around :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riku)

Thank you
    Obsessive? You wot m8?

Your logic confuses me man

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Are you having coffee as well?

coffee is a diuretic meaning itl make you need to go to number 2 (it affects some worse than others), anything else that gives a similar effect ontop of that will just make it so much worse

I use to like having 2 scotch pancakes packed full of peanut butter and nutella (dirty snack lol) anyway I made the mistake of having a coffee with it once, long story short I regreted that decision 10-15 minutes later lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riku)
    :eyeball:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LukeM90)
    Are you having coffee as well?

coffee is a diuretic meaning itl make you need to go to number 2, anything else that gives a similar effect ontop of that will just make it so much worse

I use to like having 2 scoth pancakes packed full of peanut butter and nutella (dirty snack lol) anyway I made the mistake of having a coffee with it once, long story short I regreted that decision 10-15 minutes later lol
    Your sure? I always thought diuretic caused you to have a number 1 more, due to increased urine output.

I think its coffee's action on adrenaline that causes this sideffect.

OP: if is its really a problem get some loperamide generic.

ReputationRep:
    Nope I have green tea

I ened cheap ways to bulk which won't control my life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riku)
    Nope I have green tea

you sure its the peanut butter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bestofyou)
    you sure its the peanut butter?
    That's deep man. Please explain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riku)
    That's deep man. Please explain
    nothing to explain, simply asking if you are sure it wasn't something else.

However, peanut butter, due to the high amount of protein, fat and fibre can lead to diarrhoea. It likely isn't so much the peanut butter is giving you the runs, but amount you are taking is. If the body has too much of anything it does't store it away for safe keeps, it throws that **** the fug out...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bestofyou)
    nothing to explain, simply asking if you are sure it wasn't something else.

However, peanut butter, due to the high amount of protein, fat and fibre can lead to diarrhoea. It likely isn't so much the peanut butter is giving you the runs, but amount you are taking is. If the body has too much of anything it does't store it away for safe keeps, it throws that **** the fug out...
    Ahh ok
    Well yeah but surely a spoonful or 2 a day wouldn't have been enough to cause that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riku)
    Ahh ok
    Well yeah but surely a spoonful or 2 a day wouldn't have been enough to cause that?
    Possibly not, however if you already had a high protein, fat or fibre intake (or all three) from elsewhere then it could certainly tip it into overload.

ReputationRep:
    Try finding alternatives, you might be allergic!

ReputationRep:
    Your sure? I always thought diuretic caused you to have a number 1 more, due to increased urine output.

I think its coffee's action on adrenaline that causes this sideffect.

OP: if is its really a problem get some loperamide generic.
    Yes you're right, I got my words mixed up xD disregard my last post lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riku)
    I'm aiming to gradually increase the amount of milk I drink, liquid calories are often considered a great bet for people who struggle to eat enough. You might drop some pretty bad farts, but it's worth a try mate.

ReputationRep:
    What brand of PB are you buying. Most of them are full of extra crap. It's probably the oils in it. Quite offen you'll find oil etc.

If you open the lid and you have a crappy brand you can see the oils pooled at the bottom of the trentch you've dug with the spoon. You can tase it too, it's sort of greasy and that can give you your digestive problems, emphasis on can.

I'd reccomend this one, you can get it from Tesco's for £2.40 a jar and it's 97% peanuts, the rest is palm oil and sea salt. You don't see any oil and you don't get a greasy taste because it's proper stuff.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Whole-Earth-...ds=whole+earth

If you look at somthing like Morrison's own brand its dropped to 93% peanuts and if you look at the ingredients in Sun-Pat:

Roasted Peanuts,Stabilizer (E471) ,Cane Sugar ,Peanut Oil ,Sea Salt ,Total Peanut Ingredients (95%). It has added sugar and some extra salt as well as that stabilizing agent.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered nutrition and supplements threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.