Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is game of thrones worth buying ? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mericcup)
    I tried to watch Game of Thrones once. My dad was watching an episode in the living room so I sat and joined him. Unfortunately I sat down just before a rape scene. One of the guys held her down and the other one went away at it. I was so gobsmacked at what I was seeing, where is the need to show things like that? Can't they just show the potential of what could happen then cut the scene off? Its hardly going to effect characterization. I just thought it was unnecessary and never looked back.
    Shocking TV is good to me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElChapo)
    Shocking TV is good to me

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you not find it uncomfortable to watch? I feel like
    I have some sort of double standard of being offended because I can watch people be murdered in plenty of shows and movies.. but rape, I just can't.

Edit: I have no idea why my text has aligned itself all over the place, blargh. :P

ReputationRep:
    Do you not find it uncomfortable to watch? I feel like
    I have some sort of double standard of being offended because I can watch people be murdered in plenty of shows and movies.. but rape, I just can't.

Edit: I have no idea why my text has aligned itself all over the place, blargh. :P
    Well it's not the worst rape scene I've seen on TV but yeah it's not something I smile about, there is more to the show though and more things that you'd perhaps find hard to watch

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well it's not the worst rape scene I've seen on TV but yeah it's not something I smile about, there is more to the show though and more things that you'd perhaps find hard to watch

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It wasn't brutal, but I just found it a bit distressing. I'm too much of a pansy for Game of Thrones. :nah:

ReputationRep:
    It wasn't brutal, but I just found it a bit distressing. I'm too much of a pansy for Game of Thrones. :nah:
    I think that's pretty much one of very few scenes of that nature throughout the show- there is about 30 hours worth of TV show and about 5 minutes of that is rape scenes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Haha yeah, this series will play with your emotions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sheldor)
    I think that's pretty much one of very few scenes of that nature throughout the show- there is about 30 hours worth of TV show and about 5 minutes of that is rape scenes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh, well in that case I guess its not too bad.

ReputationRep:
    Oh do you have a smartphone? I don't have a kindle either

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I have a smart phone

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.