Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieJaane)
    If it helps I do Law (WJEC) and it's brilliant. I also have friends who do Biology, Physics, generally they love Biology but hate Physics, I can't really give much more advice on those two other than that as I don't do them myself. If there's someone at the college you can speak to about your options when you have your GCSE results I'd recommend that .

Hey! I see you do WJEC Law and damn your first person ive come across. Do you mind if I ask what did u think of Unit 2? Are you As student going to A2? And what did u get as a overall? (if u dont mind)

ReputationRep:
    I took psychology and got a D for AS. I found it really hard but I think I should have payed more attention to the course content before I chose it! No regrets though because it was still something different. Dropping it next year even so!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I regret choosing chemistry at AS. I absolutely hated the subject for most of the year and so had no motivation to revise it, and so ended up with an awful grade. I wish I'd chosen Geography/Psychology/Philosophy and Ethics.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnimeCrazy)
    Hey! I see you do WJEC Law and damn your first person ive come across. Do you mind if I ask what did u think of Unit 2? Are you As student going to A2? And what did u get as a overall? (if u dont mind)
    Hey, I got and A overall (LA1 84/100, LA2 93/100)
    the LA2 isn't too bad, a few of the topics (e.g. human rights) will cross over from LA1 so that's a big help. Some of the areas can be quite complicated at first, like I struggled with precedent, but then after like half a day of just sitting and learning it, it was absolutely fine. Also, if your teacher doesn't give them to you, i'd highly recommend getting the WJEC AS Law: Study and Revision Guide, it really breaks down all the big topics for you and it also has exam questions with model answers in the back, which allows you to see the difference between an A grade answer and a D grade answer, which I found really helpful

ReputationRep:
    I regret choosing pyschology, it is not an interesting subject and the amount you have to memorise is not worth it. You don't learn any skills from it it's literally just filling your mind with facts.

where as biology, chemistry and maths are hard and you should be warned you need to work hard. They are useful you do no only learn facts and need to remember you gain skills from these subjects such as analytical, problem solving, ecology and so much more..
    but pyschology was the only written subject I could take to give me another dynamic (not just numbers and calculations)

ReputationRep:
    I regret AS Levels all together! I did them, I hated it, I then swapped onto a BTEC, enjoyed it and have now completed it!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.