Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Essex pair charged with sex attack on baby Watch

ReputationRep:
    Kind of goes without saying that this sort of thing is horrific, but I think we need to remember that so far these people have only been charged with this crime before we actually start saying anything about this pair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mericcup)
    I cannot imagine how much more painful that attack could be for a newborn baby, which is a disgusting thought, but I just cannot fathom how sick those people must be to carry out that act. Not only am I disgusted by every rape case I hear, but to harm someone so small and fragile and vulnerable, someone who cannot defend themselves, an innocent newborn baby for heavens sake, is vile and cowardly.

They should definitely be locked up for life. I have no sympathy whatsoever for people who commit acts like this. It might even be twisted for me to say this, but sometimes I wish we had capital punishment for these kind of people. Makes me so angry that they even exist.
    Well... No not really. Only if they're convicted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollysarah)
    I don't usually agree with capital punishment as sometimes people are wrongly convicted but for this duo I would be more than happy to hear they were to be executed! Absolutely appalling and disgraceful.
    Yeah, I'm a bit conflicted about capital punishment too but to do what they did is just so wrong.

ReputationRep:
    So they're not named on a BBC site ... I bet they're Asian

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skip_Snip)
    So they're not named on a BBC site ... I bet they're Asian
    How does race even come into this? It's sick and twisted people that have committed this horrific act regardless of race

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I would have never ever in my life expected this to happen :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    Horrible, but this kid is not going to remember this.
    Lets not lower ourselves to their level by calling for their deaths.

ReputationRep:
    I genuinely wish I hadn't read this.
    Ruined my night. :'(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    This is in no way even remotely suggesting that it was ok - it's simply not. It's inhumane and abhorrent.

But actually, 10weeks old? Don't know about you but I don't remember anything from that age. Hopefully the girl in question will completely forget this ever happened.
    I agree she wouldn't remember, but surely she will see the newspapers and have social protection constantly reminding her what happened.

ReputationRep:
    Inb4 "rehabilitated" and released in 5 years

ReputationRep:
    Scumbags :mad:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.