Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how long they take to reply to applications through clearing?

ReputationRep:
    Alot of the competitive courses are only for international students. Probably because they can charge them more.

ReputationRep:
    My gf, who is an international student obtains AABB. She wanted to get into Durham PPE through clearing but Durham told her that her grades are not good enough.

It seems that Durham is pretty strict......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ih094)
    This is so confusing.. some courses say AAB but i thought you could apply for any clearing/ Adjustment spots if you get ABB?
    You are only eligible for clearing if you are holding no offers and for adjustment if you meet and exceed your firm offer. Having ABB doesn't come into it.

ReputationRep:
    International places are limitless. It is up to the university how many places they will make available to international applicants. I think now, most universities have stopped accepting international applications if students have not organised visas. Durham like other universities are pretty strict.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have applied for economics through clearing and got a*aaa but I originally applied for ppe. Will this hinder me does anyone know?! Thanks guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sreddy17)
    I have applied for economics through clearing and got a*aaa but I originally applied for ppe. Will this hinder me does anyone know?! Thanks guys
    You should be fine. If you are asked explain that although you applied for PPE, you were drawn to study a single honours in economics. I've heard of people who apply for very different subjects, and get into university.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if durham's admission is open tmw?

I got a verbal offer from warwick (valid for 24hrs) and need durham to release me

Stressed :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have applied for law at durham. I didn't ring them but sending an email. I still have not receive any reply. Have anyone got their reply? I have got only AAA, will it be the reason that I don't get a reply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheesey4this)
    Does anyone know if durham's admission is open tmw?

I got a verbal offer from warwick (valid for 24hrs) and need durham to release me

Stressed :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm in the same situation :/ I don't know when Durham will get back to everyone :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by incorrect1993)
    I have applied for law at durham. I didn't ring them but sending an email. I still have not receive any reply. Have anyone got their reply? I have got only AAA, will it be the reason that I don't get a reply?
    I'm in the exact same position! I tried to get through on the phone on results day but it was so busy, so I live really near and I went to Durham to try and speak to someone and find out whether I could still be accepted. They said that the decision on near miss applicants has been forwarded to a committee now and it has nothing to do with the law school. I also spoke to somebody on the phone today and she said that we will find out by Wednesday. It's so horrible having to wait to find out for an extra week do you have an insurance offer to fall back on still?

ReputationRep:
    Phoning is quicker. Emails can be left alone for a bit.

ReputationRep:
    I sent it pretty much at 10am yesterday, I hope they wont ignore my application...Now I have to stay nervous until Monday

ReputationRep:
    Do you think they are considering or already ignore it and gave the place to people who rang?

ReputationRep:
    Do you think they are considering or already ignore it and gave the place to people who rang?
    I think they will deal with it professionally. Aren't they open tomorrow? I'd ring them to see.

ReputationRep:
    Dont think they do on Sat. But it will still worth a try

ReputationRep:
    Dont think they do on Sat. But it will still worth a try
    I think some universities are -this is a pretty exceptional weekend for them.

ReputationRep:
    you definitely need to ring them, they are just very busy at the moment. I spent 2 hours on the phone just to get through to the admissions office, so it's most likely that they are just swamped. Keep trying, always use the phone rather than email, unless they want written confirmation of anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emma2013)
    you definitely need to ring them, they are just very busy at the moment. I spent 2 hours on the phone just to get through to the admissions office, so it's most likely that they are just swamped. Keep trying, always use the phone rather than email, unless they want written confirmation of anything
    Do you mind telling me what's your grade and what's the standard requirement for your subject?
    I want to see do I have a chance to get in with one grade below the standard requirement.

ReputationRep:
    Do you mind telling me what's your grade and what's the standard requirement for your subject?
    I want to see do I have a chance to get in with one grade below the standard requirement.
    I got an offer for combined honours in arts, which is in clearing at the moment (QRV0). The standard offer is A*AA, I got A*AAA (so bang on requirements basically). If you are only one grade below, and the course you want to do is listed in clearing, definitely give them a ring!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.