Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey maths people, CHECK OUT who we have for Analysis.

:party2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord of the Flies)

Wooow.

Edit: That wasn't sarcastic

Nice.

And look at you with your no 9AM lectures a week :'(
      • PS Helper

ReputationRep:

Apparently he's a superb lecturer as well as (obviously) an immense mathematician, so it seems like the new mathmos are in for a treat. I do feel a bit miffed as to why they changed the Analysis lecturer from last year given how good a job they did (seriously, the lecture series I had for Analysis were brilliant, and the lucidity of my handwritten notes backs that up no end), but then I can't even begin to claim to know the inner workings of the mathematics faculty.

ReputationRep:
      6/11 2014 TSR maths applicants are thinking of Pembroke. Mathmos you've started something here....

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by bananarama2)
      6/11 2014 TSR maths applicants are thinking of Pembroke. Mathsmos you've started something here....
      Can we persuade everyone on TSR to apply to the same college, and rename it "TSR College"?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by bananarama2)
      6/11 2014 TSR maths applicants are thinking of Pembroke. Mathsmos you've started something here....
      Hey DJ, get the popcorn.
      • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
      Hi everyone!!! NatSci Fresher for Murray Edwards Can't wait till October!

ReputationRep:
      Just noticed your signature. Weirdly thought that "Maths Cambridge" is somehow a rather apt title for the picture.

ReputationRep:

I may come to your analysis lectures

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      Got plucked out of the pool by Jesus (and no I don't think I'll ever stop making puns about how I was accepted by Jesus) for CompSci with NatSci after missing out on my STEP offer spectacularly for CompSci with Maths at Churchill.

Still in a state of shock when I think about going to Cambridge and it not just being daydreams anymore...

ReputationRep:
      Can't believe I actually can justifiably write on this thread...
      Anyway, who's way too impatient for their freshers' pack to arrive?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by SpecialKaye)
      Me! Does anyone know when they send it out?

(long-time lurker and occasional poster here, but wanted to start afresh on a new account)

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Loulybob)
      Got plucked out of the pool by Jesus (and no I don't think I'll ever stop making puns about how I was accepted by Jesus) for CompSci with NatSci after missing out on my STEP offer spectacularly for CompSci with Maths at Churchill.

Still in a state of shock when I think about going to Cambridge and it not just being daydreams anymore...
      Oh that's wonderful! The Jesus DoS is a very kind old lady (if she's retiring this year she's making way for an equally kind young lady) and you will be very well-looked after both academically and otherwise.

Congrats!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by blue_rain)
      Me! Does anyone know when they send it out?

(long-time lurker and occasional poster here, but wanted to start afresh on a new account)
      I heard early September? That's what the Fitz freshers Facebook says. But I'm pretty sure it varies from college to college.

Where/what are you in for?

Got phone call from Homerton fri. afternoon for Maths , So excited cant wait till 6th Oct. still not showing on Traqck yet though.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by SpecialKaye)
        What does an average freshers' pack usually contain?

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by catface1994)
        I was just on the threshold of my offer! Which college and what are you studying?
        MML at Gonville & Caius, so excited You?

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Etoile)
        MML at Gonville & Caius, so excited You?
        Law at Queens'!! The reading lists look terrifying Excited for freshers week??

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by catface1994)
        Law at Queens'!! The reading lists look terrifying Excited for freshers week??
        I know! I need to get some big dictionaries too, but I think I'll get them up there since I don't fancy lugging them from home! I can't wait to get started! Learning new things :sexface:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.