Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

1 A* short of my offer at Univeristy of Manchester watch

ReputationRep:
    Ah well, thanks to everyone for your kind support throughout today, it was a bit of a hitch in my plan but I'm feeling so grateful to have the results I've got and a place at such a good uni. Manchester wasn't for me, but after all everything happens for a reason, and I have no doubt that Nottingham is gonna be fantastic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dotcoedotuk)
    Ah well, thanks to everyone for your kind support throughout today, it was a bit of a hitch in my plan but I'm feeling so grateful to have the results I've got and a place at such a good uni. Manchester wasn't for me, but after all everything happens for a reason, and I have no doubt that Nottingham is gonna be fantastic
    Congratulations you'll love it.

We discussed your case at HQ today and you were indeed very unlucky (people winced when they heard) buy I'm glad you've got a fantastic offer from Nottingham to go to. Chances are you'll be back here in the new academic year telling us how much you love Nottingham

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dotcoedotuk)
    You sound like a really nice guy with your head firmly screwed on - this will stand you in good stead for the coming years. I honestly thought, with grades like yours, you would have got into your firm choice at Manchester and I was shocked when you said that the head of dept. suggested the foundation year :eek:

Congratulations, you should be proud of yourself and I am sure you will have a fab time at Nottingham. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    seems ridiculous someone with A*AAA would be reccomended for a 'foundation' year when they clearly don't need to take one
    It's unbelievably outrageous. Unlucky OP, Nottingham is a fantastic university and it's physics department is great. You will have a great time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bunnyjo)
    You sound like a really nice guy with your head firmly screwed on - this will stand you in good stead for the coming years. I honestly thought, with grades like yours, you would have got into your firm choice at Manchester and I was shocked when you said that the head of dept. suggested the foundation year :eek:

Congratulations, you should be proud of yourself and I am sure you will have a fab time at Nottingham. Good luck.
    What is silly is that there will be people who got in, without being suggested to do a foundation year, who got altogether worse grades but met the requirement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Origami Bullets)
    Congratulations you'll love it.

We discussed your case at HQ today and you were indeed very unlucky (people winced when they heard) buy I'm glad you've got a fantastic offer from Nottingham to go to. Chances are you'll be back here in the new academic year telling us how much you love Nottingham

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha well it's great to know that there were people on my side there, hopefully this just means I'm due slightly better luck in future :rolleyes: It's all part of the experience anyway, hopefully it'll be something to look back at and think 'thank god it ended up that way'! Many thanks again

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.