Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    just off the phone from Newcastle: it seems that UCAS have a website problem, in spite of the fact that UCAS had earlier told me on Twitter that all was rosey...

ReputationRep:
    Rang again and got through to Northumbria, they basically told me to wait for it to update as they have thousands of applicants to sort.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I just rang back through to Reading who told me that they can't confirm anything and I may be waiting until 5:00pm...absolutely gutted because I can't even apply for clearing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lysipud)
    Yeah I just rang back through to Reading who told me that they can't confirm anything and I may be waiting until 5:00pm...absolutely gutted because I can't even apply for clearing
    If you think you are likely to end up Clearing you can start ringing round - some unis may agree to talk to you. If you want to end up in Clearing anyway, you can ask Reading to reject you ASAP. Might not be any quicker, but it does remove some of the uncertainty, and you are more likely to be able to persuade unis to talk to you about Clearing places if you can say that you know you have been rejected but are waiting for Track to update.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RonaIdo)
    I've got my results and should be in my firm but track has not changed at all, tried ringing them but gave up after 2 an a half hours on hold.
    Don't worry - if you've met your offer it will update.

Give it til tomorrow lunchtime before ringing again - you should get straight through then!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Campaj1)
    just off the phone from Newcastle: it seems that UCAS have a website problem, in spite of the fact that UCAS had earlier told me on Twitter that all was rosey...
    Ah what did they say? I'm waiting on Newcastle too!

ReputationRep:
    I'm waiting for Reading aswell ! For biochemistry, my firm rejected me. Hate just waiting, want to go through clearing! I haven't even managed to get through to Reading , phones are so busy. I missed the offer though, so I dont know why they are keeping me waiting
    What have you applied for? x
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    For what it's worth - updates from now on will come through whenever unis send them through to UCAS....

UCAS aren't sitting on any updates (although some unis might be struggling to send through their updates).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blueeyedgirl)
    Ah what did they say? I'm waiting on Newcastle too!
    sadly no longer interested... hope u get in though! Preparing for clearing battle!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melissa.S.)
    I'm waiting for Reading aswell ! For biochemistry, my firm rejected me. Hate just waiting, want to go through clearing! I haven't even managed to get through to Reading , phones are so busy. I missed the offer though, so I dont know why they are keeping me waiting
    I'm waiting to hear from Reading as well, but I haven't tried to get hold of them yet because I know how hard it is to get through :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I applied for pharmacy! What did reading want from you and what did you get?

I know it's so frustrating just being stuck in limbo!!

ReputationRep:
    My track hasn't been updated since may!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily115)
    I'm waiting to hear from Reading as well, but I haven't tried to get hold of them yet because I know how hard it is to get through :confused:
    It's definitely worth trying! I have managed to get through twice now...try the general admissions number 0118 378 8619

It may be something simple that they can confirm over the phone with you - mine was because apparently they haven't recieved all my grades

ReputationRep:
    I applied for pharmacy! What did reading want from you and what did you get?

I know it's so frustrating just being stuck in limbo!!
    They wanted BBB, and I got BCC. So I know they're gonna reject me, just wish they'd hurry up, because I've already rung a few uni's up and they said they'd take me, just gotta wait for them to release me!
    How did you do?

ReputationRep:
    They wanted BBB, and I got BCC. So I know they're gonna reject me, just wish they'd hurry up, because I've already rung a few uni's up and they said they'd take me, just gotta wait for them to release me!
    How did you do?
    Hmm you never know they may actually accept you with that!!!

They wanted ABB off me and I got ABCC so I dropped a grade...probably why they still haven't decided.

I'm in the same boat, I've rung around a few places that said they'd accept me onto clearing!

ReputationRep:
    I'm waiting too! For birmingham though. They wanted DMM for my BTEC and I got that, but they wanted all merits in the units and I got two passes, two distinctions and the rest merits :/ man I hope they give me an offer *cries* the lady on admissions didnt even know if it would be updated in time today or not.

ReputationRep:
    It's enough to make you weep; Edinburgh have made a decision but aren't permitted to tell me over the phone. Meanwhile UCAS has STILL NOT CHANGED. Does anyone have a hotline for them for technical support?

ReputationRep:
    I am living a nightmare. I took my A Levels as a private candidate. My firm university has received two of my grades but not the third one. They are waiting on this 3rd grade to make their decision. They say they haven't received it as it may not have been "cashed in",

To make things worse, my exam centre has not received any of my results, so I still don't know what they are!!

I have told my exam centre that they need to call the exam board to get my results.

Is this cashing in thing a mistake on my exam centre's part. Please someone reassure me that this does not mean that my exam hasn't been graded?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deavinj)
    I'm waiting too! For birmingham though. They wanted DMM for my BTEC and I got that, but they wanted all merits in the units and I got two passes, two distinctions and the rest merits :/ man I hope they give me an offer *cries* the lady on admissions didnt even know if it would be updated in time today or not.
    Waiting for Birmingham too!!

but complex mature student situation... sent my results in a week ago (met criteria) and still nothing.... going mental... soooooo don't want my place opened up into clearing!

Velvet

xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by velvetfeet)
    Waiting for Birmingham too!!

but complex mature student situation... sent my results in a week ago (met criteria) and still nothing.... going mental... soooooo don't want my place opened up into clearing!

Velvet

xx
    Cool, What course are you doing? The woman on the phone said that it's happening to a lot of students today, something about certain departments not being able to process the results in time because of the hack last night? Meh, I just feel sick where I'm so nervous! If you've met your criteria you should be fine

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.