Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, then I went round with my dad and he understood why I loved Liverpool john moores, then we changed her mind Oh my cousin went to Bangor, there is nothing there apparently. I live in like the north east, in a small town called Driffield? Its near Hull, York, Bridlington? Its nice here, just I don't want to be stuck here all my life.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I heard Bangor is quite remote as well, meant to be a good university though. I think a lot of people are in the same position as you, not wanting to be tied to one place forever. I'm the same I guess, suppose that's one of the plus sides about the degree I am doing, chance of moving away at the end of it. I am sure your mum just worries about you, and she will be happy once she knows your getting on alright.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I then looked round John moores with my dad and we really liked it, so we changed her mind about Liverpool Yeah they are really good, I cant wait to start, I live in the north east, in a small like market town called Driffield, its near Hull, York and Bridlington? Its nice here, just I want to get away, don't want to live here all my live.

ReputationRep:
    I actually hate my laptop! Yeah im an only child as well I think that makes it all worse, they are both so protective, which is nice, just annoying sometimes. What profession does your degree help you get into like a zoo keeper? Sorry I know nothing about zoology :/

ReputationRep:
    I suppose I could be a zookeeper but there is a range of jobs I could get, I want to go and work with conservation of reptiles, and preservations of their natural habitats. But could also do research jobs as well. How about you? you got a long term career goal?

ReputationRep:
    oh wow, that's decent that you can do a range of different jobs, with the preservation of their natural habitats you could like proper travel to do that, be great. I would love to be a prison officer or police officer, but if you ever saw me you would just laugh, Im small and not tough, but hopefully I will toughen up or I would love to be a social worker or youth worker. I really want to do a PGC after my course so I could be a teacher as well.

ReputationRep:
    If its something you wanna do dont let being small stop you. Im only 5'8 an i still work occasionally in security...i just have bigger ppl around me haha. Nah anything is possible. I dont envy you wanting to teach though haha...i wouldnt have the patience. If you dont mind me asking, Are you on facebook? Pm me your profile if you like, Would save us flooding the forums with chatter lol

ReputationRep:
    Hollie Elizabeth loft, I think im the only one on facebook

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SJA-86)
    haha im sure you will be fine, give it a few weeks and you'll be practically scouse . The access isn't grades like yours and doesn't have a ucas points equivalent, its Pass, Merit or Distinctions, we got a grade for each module, so the universities just said you need to get so many distinctions instead of asking for ucas points, lucky enough I got distinctions in every module, so was made up. Its basically a course for "mature" students, you have to be 23 to even get on them I think. Its just kind of like an alternative to A levels I guess, shorter too, its basically cramming in 2 years of A Levels into 1 year. Hard work but it was a good laugh along the way. So was LJMU your first choice?
    Hi I received starter pack in post today also andI called about enrolment pack- they said they will be in post tonight. by the way i am also a mature student (25) coming off an access course and i live local..I was all set to do zoology myself and changed my mind at the last minute as I was more after a career in the science/ research side and decided I would have better chance in that field from the biomedical science degree! where did u do ur access course?

ReputationRep:
    I did mine at Liverpool Community College. How about you?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 16, 2013
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.