Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparrowhawk4)
    Pooled for maths :rolleyes: Part of me wishes they'd just rejected me, this waiting is doing my head in.
    How did you do in STEP, and what college pooled you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shamika)
    1 (91) in STEP I, 2 (76) in STEP II, 3 (47) in STEP III. Quite neat, really. My original offer was from Clare.

I was expecting to be rejected straight off, so I don't fancy my chances in the pool. The reason I probably got pooled is that I was 3 marks off the boundary in II and 1 mark off the boundary in III. So 4 more marks and I'd have been looking at a much healthier 1,1,2. On the other hand, there are people in the pool with Ss and ridiculous numbers of A*s. I wouldn't be upset about going to Bristol, but I'm tired of not knowing!

ReputationRep:
    And they only have tomorrow to decide, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparrowhawk4)
    1 (91) in STEP I, 2 (76) in STEP II, 3 (47) in STEP III. Quite neat, really. My original offer was from Clare.

I was expecting to be rejected straight off, so I don't fancy my chances in the pool. The reason I probably got pooled is that I was 3 marks off the boundary in II and 1 mark off the boundary in III. So 4 more marks and I'd have been looking at a much healthier 1,1,2. On the other hand, there are people in the pool with Ss and ridiculous numbers of A*s. I wouldn't be upset about going to Bristol, but I'm tired of not knowing!
    I don't think they would've pooled you if there was absolutely no way you wouldn't get an offer. Maybe someone will see something there which warrants a place. I get what you mean about wanting closure - maybe ignore the people with S grades (you weren't far off on STEP I!) and try to be patient and see what happens?

Good luck, it will work out for you in the end, even if it doesn't seem like that right now.

(Original post by nickyr212)
    And they only have tomorrow to decide, right?
    No - they can (and often do) take ages to decide, grrrr.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, this is just like the winter pool over again, huh. :P

ReputationRep:
    The Trinity Maths cohort is ridiculous

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Llewellyn)
    The Trinity Maths cohort is ridiculous
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Icesn)
    In pool for the classics four year course. Chances very slim as only one person got in from the summer pool las year for my course. Email says that we'll know by his time tomorrow though.

Any other classicists?

Best of luck everyone
    MEEEEE for the three year course- I got fished out of the Winter Pool too cant believe im back in it- praying and hoping though, but sucks that we have to wait a whole extra day to know its so horrible but oh wells at least its not a straight up rejection!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hogwartian1993)
    I'm a Classicist with a confirmed offer. I know a few people that missed their offers, so don't feel like you're alone. Its not over until the fat lady sings.
    Congratulations! Are the few people who missed offers Classicists too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mehjii)
    Congratulations! Are the few people who missed offers Classicists too?
    Yes!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Got 4 A*s but in Step got a 1.3 , missed level 2 but not by much so I've been pooled. as well. Girton pooled me. just have to wait and hope! I must say though that my school wasted no time in emailing & faxing what was required to the admissions office.

ReputationRep:
    Any architecture students?

I messed up my physics so badly, got a B, and 2A*s. i feel so bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by proterra)
    Got 4 A*s but in Step got a 1.3 , missed level 2 but not by much so I've been pooled. as well. Girton pooled me. just have to wait and hope! I must say though that my school wasted no time in emailing & faxing what was required to the admissions office.
    Was your offer 1, 2? It's not unheard of, but would be on the lower end of acceptances to get in with 1, 3. Try not to worry about it now, and make sure you have your phone / emails with you in case someone calls.

ReputationRep:
    Any other Linguists been pooled? I got three As and was quite close to the A* in one subject but got a D in my English exam so I'm very surprised I'm in the pool, not holding my breath though..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EllieHolderness)
    I messed up on STEP and got pooled - I'm hoping I might get an offer from a college that needs more NatSci students though, since I got A*A*A*A in maths/further maths/physics/chemistry.

best of luck to everyone in the pool - it's only a couple days' more wait than everyone else has to deal with, and at least we haven't been straight up rejected :P
    What did you get on STEP?

ReputationRep:
    Is there anyone that minds what college they are pooled to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Aria)
    Is there anyone that minds what college they are pooled to?
    No way, as long as I'm in. *prays*

Pooling process is gonna start in an hour, right?

ReputationRep:
    Apparently those of you still swimming should find out soon?

ReputationRep:
    Any other historians out there? I know of one other but haven't seen any evidence for more.

ReputationRep:
    Why?
    I've already talked to 3 others who have been pooled with S grades from Trinity and the admissions tutor told me that the competition was so fierce that they are completely full as so many made the offer.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.