The Student Room Group

AS Students : What are you going to do differently in A2 ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Try harder in class tests
Do things in advance so I don't fall behind
Not give a **** about what anyone else is doing
Try not to doze off in physics lessons and get my C up to a B :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AlanAlty
Did literally no work all year (in class but did revision for a couple weeks before June), got a B in Jan, then 100% in June hahaha

Are you just naturally clever ?
Get all of the material I need now, like past papers and revision resources, that way I won't be finding them a week before the exam.

Try staying on track with work and doing more work outside of school/ recapping on lessons by going through my notes each day.

Set out a plan for revising early and starting my revision early.

More reading around the subject.

Do more practice exams earlier on in the year so I know where I am at, and take mocks more seriously!
Reply 23
Not sure what to do to be honest. Achieved AABC, and looking at A*AA/AAA offers at university. Only issue is, i do not want to carry on with geography (B), but not sure if i could get chemistry (C) up to an A standard.

Decisions decisions...
Original post by Luketreherne
Are you just naturally clever ?

Not by any chance! If anything, just with Geography. I did a weeks of revision for Biology and only got a B
Original post by AlanAlty
Not by any chance! If anything, just with Geography. I did a weeks of revision for Biology and only got a B

At the beginning of Yr12 i wanted to go into banking and finance , i changed my mind by around spring break 2013. By then it was to late to do any other subject. I would generally give a limb to do Biology , as it would increase my chance of getting into a geography course at an well respected university i.e a Russell group university.
Start making revision notes as I go along, and revise for end of unit tests.
Erm, just do more actual revision. I'm glad I did all the work through the year - the exams should have been more of an event I think.
Original post by Alexandra's Box
Erm, just do more actual revision. I'm glad I did all the work through the year - the exams should have been more of an event I think.

Do you think the end of January exams a good or bad thing ?
I think attending all my lessons and doing all the work is a good start for me...
At the beginning of Yr12 i wanted to go into banking and finance , i changed my mind by around spring break 2013. By then it was to late to do any other subject. I would generally give a limb to do Biology , as it would increase my chance of getting into a geography course at an well respected university i.e a Russell group university.

Other than Geography, it doesn't usually matter what you do, as long as you get ABB or higher in reputable subjects :smile:
Get more involved in class! Ask more questions in class, even though they may make me look dumb.
Do you think the end of January exams a good or bad thing ?

To be honest, I don't think it'll be particularly bad. Many schools don't do them anyway and although they could serve as a wake up call for AS students, I don't think it feels 'real' until the summer.
Ask for help more if I don't get something - I think because I've always been quiet, I've been too scared to ask the teacher (or even people around me) for help because of the fear that they might think I'm stupid or something, but I have come to realise that everyone has different weaknesses, just like everyone has different strengths and A Level is new to everyone in my class. I've just got to get over it and not do that thing where students tell the teacher that they get it, only to turn to the person next to them and say 'I still don't get it' after the teacher walks away (c'mon, we've all done it :hubba:)

Also, just to revise more seeing as we've got linear exams now - anyway, doesn't it get more interesting in A2?
Reply 34
Going to create a strict revision timetable starting this September. It won't be too harsh like 3 hours a day but I'll hopefully try to squeeze an hour weekday, and 2 hours on the weekend until a month before exams.
Reply 35
For me it's to work more during my frees and try to get homework done the day I'm given it, so I can do second drafts of essays and that.

Also, work hella-hard at French! Got AAAB with B in French which is borderline A and in for a remark. Make revision cards during the year not at exam time and revise more/better. To do all my work at the kitchen table not on the sofa cos I get too distracted!

I want to go on to do French and Spanish (an initio) next autumn.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
Thanks guy's your help means so much , what are your plans after A-level's ?

I plan to go Uni to study Bsc Geography

I also want to study BSc Geography, I just got an A at AS :smile:) am looking to apply to Keele, Southampton, Queen Mary, Leicester and somewhere else

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
I left all my revision to the weekend before. I did revision only 3 days in advanced for my first exam, and the rest were the night before. I cannot afford to do that, as I came out some exams half dazed and in stupor as to whether I was sitting my AS or going in for a nap session.

Need to work harder.
Don't revise the night before. Now I know how to revise properly, it may be boring and hard, but it will be worth it in the end :u:
Original post by lala121
I also want to study BSc Geography, I just got an A at AS :smile:) am looking to apply to Keele, Southampton, Queen Mary, Leicester and somewhere else

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same BSC geography :woo:

Quick Reply

Latest