The Student Room Group

Poll: How did your AS levels go?

Scroll to see replies

Congratulations to you all :smile:. As the above poster said, less than expected grades in AS levels really isn't the end of the world...

You're just gonna have to work your ass off in 2nd Year! (I was in the same situation).
Reply 21
I was expecting AAAAB, but got AAAAC. I'm getting the C remarked, but it's a bit of a blow.
Reply 22
Was predicted AAAB, plus an A in A-Level French.

Got AAAA + A* in A-Level French.

Stunned to get an A in Maths to be honest and I'm not expecting to retain that A at A2-Level!
Reply 23
My school does linear, so only one AS result, Politics. A
Predicted AAAAAA
Achieved: A*AAABC - so annoyed.
Reply 25
Original post by Thomas_96
My school does linear, so only one AS result, Politics. A

What does that mean, how does that work?
predicted AAAB
got AACC
definitely unhappy but re marking one as one mark off a B and completely unlike me! Hopefully will go up to an A.
Reply 27
was predicted BBBB got CCAB
Reply 28
Expected ABC at first, then BCD, but... I got EUU. I didn't expect that AT ALL. Resitting the year. :bricks:
Worse:colondollar:
I was expected bbbb but I worked really hard and got aaaa
Reply 31
Predicated AAA
Got ABC
Not really too annoyed tbh was 6 marks off an A in French and 4 marks off a B in physics so I'm just gonna repeat 3-4 exams.
Gonna aim for AAB for A2 :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
Thank you god. If I didn't believe in you, I do now!
Got CDDE in January and was mentally and emotionally distraught!
Did resits and got AAB! (Dropped Chem after Jan) Those 8.5 hour days sat at my desk were worth it! Feel soooo good.
Predicted: AAABB
Expected after exams: AABBU
Actually got: ABCDE

So worse than expected but seen as I'm only taking 3 on at A2 I've left myself with ABC to improve on, which is pretty good and all things considered, my position could be so much worse. I also only missed out on a B in the subject I got a C in by a couple of UMS so can quite easily up that.

So yeah, underachieved by a bit but on the whole pretty content as it could be a lot, lot worse.
Reply 34
Predicted: ABC (further maths was self taught)
Expected after exams: AAAB
Actually got: AAAA

Better than expected, was so chuffed about history
Reply 35
A bit worse than expected, I was predicted AAAB but I received AABC. I was predicted the A in Economics, but I got a C. In one of my modules I received 78 UMS, but in the other I received 46 UMS! :hmmmm: However, I'm dropping Economics, so overall I'm not too phased, which leaves me on AAB going into A2, which is a nice thought. :biggrin:
I was expecting atleast BBBB but i ended up with CCCD.:frown: Now i'm worried that no university will accept me, as they require AAB. :frown: But on another note, congrats to everyone who are happy with their results!! :smile:
Original post by Mia_baines
I was expecting atleast BBBB but i ended up with CCCD.:frown: Now i'm worried that no university will accept me, as they require AAB. :frown: But on another note, congrats to everyone who are happy with their results!! :smile:

I know how you feel as I got similar results - I've decided that I am resitting the year which sucks.
Reply 38
Original post by booklover96
I know how you feel as I got similar results - I've decided that I am resitting the year which sucks.

But surely your A2 predictions can go up by one grade?
Something's went better than expected other went worse than expected but nothing was too shocking and unexpected, i just need to work extremely hard to get into the universities I want next year with the course I want, I'm determined to do it!

Quick Reply

Latest