Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Healthcare Science then Graduate Entry Medicine? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LtNoddy)
    Nope, just basic AS Bio from what other applicants have said! and use this pdf file to help with the interview!
    Thanks
    What was your insurance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Varsh05)
    Thanks
    What was your insurance?
    All I had was my one firm for Med at SGUL, all other med rejected me and SGUL said my PS wasnt based enough on Paramedic Science to warrant me a place on their course. But I guess i got lucky with this!

ReputationRep:
    All I had was my one firm for Med at SGUL, all other med rejected me and SGUL said my PS wasnt based enough on Paramedic Science to warrant me a place on their course. But I guess i got lucky with this!
    SGUL did the same thing to my friends applying to Medicine -_- They were rejected for Biomedical Science as it was their 5th choice.
    I hope the interview goes well though

ReputationRep:
    SGUL did the same thing to my friends applying to Medicine -_- They were rejected for Biomedical Science as it was their 5th choice.
    I hope the interview goes well though
    Oh damn! Well thank you and good luck to you too!!
    I think I'll get off TSR now, super sleepy! Hopefully I'll be able to tell you I'm accepted soon!

ReputationRep:
    Oh damn! Well thank you and good luck to you too!!
    I think I'll get off TSR now, super sleepy! Hopefully I'll be able to tell you I'm accepted soon!
    Yeah they said they'll get back to you 2 hours after the interview
    Did you add the Healthcare Science in clearing?

My interview's on Monday at 9.30
    I'm panicking already,do let me know how you get on,and the dress code etc

ReputationRep:
    Yeah they said they'll get back to you 2 hours after the interview
    Did you add the Healthcare Science in clearing?

My interview's on Monday at 9.30
    I'm panicking already,do let me know how you get on,and the dress code etc
    It was really good, got accepted too
    Dress code wasnt set, i went with Chinos, a shirt and a blazer! They got back to me in just under 2 hours, added to clearing and they accepted. Now have to fill in all the forms to go with this course, be ready for your Hep B vaccine

ReputationRep:
    It was really good, got accepted too
    Dress code wasnt set, i went with Chinos, a shirt and a blazer! They got back to me in just under 2 hours, added to clearing and they accepted. Now have to fill in all the forms to go with this course, be ready for your Hep B vaccine
    What kinda questions did they ask you?
    Yeah I called them;they said they'll get back to me 2 hours after the interview
    Did you need to know anything else apart from your PS?

ReputationRep:
    What kinda questions did they ask you?
    Yeah I called them;they said they'll get back to me 2 hours after the interview
    Did you need to know anything else apart from your PS?

Know your PS! They wont expect you to know too much about the course, since its all so short notice! It was a nice informal chat for me

ReputationRep:
    Know your PS! They wont expect you to know too much about the course, since its all so short notice! It was a nice informal chat for me
    Aah ok
    thank you,did it last half an hour or less?

ReputationRep:
    Aah ok
    thank you,did it last half an hour or less?

Mine was 10/15 minutes, a lot shorter than I thought it would be.

ReputationRep:
    Mine was 10/15 minutes, a lot shorter than I thought it would be.
    Oh ok
    They called me this morning,saying that if I do go for the interview on Monday,it would be for deferred entry since all the places are full.
    There's no point in me doing that,I can just do Biomed at Westminster then do grad med afterwards instead of wasting a year -_-

ReputationRep:
    You can do ANY degree and get onto Graduate entry medicine.
    Different universities have different criteria I've listed them all here:

http://graduatemedicineapplicant.wor...e-of-applying/

Just enjoy your degree first of all! And then if you still want to do medicine look at getting long term work experience, use your summers wisely and enjoy it!

ReputationRep:
    Oh ok
    They called me this morning,saying that if I do go for the interview on Monday,it would be for deferred entry since all the places are full.
    There's no point in me doing that,I can just do Biomed at Westminster then do grad med afterwards instead of wasting a year -_-
    Damn that sucks!!
    Well whatever you do, good luck and I hope you get into GEM and everything works out for you

(Original post by lcsurfer)

Just enjoy your degree first of all! And then if you still want to do medicine look at getting long term work experience, use your summers wisely and enjoy it!
    Oooh thank you for that!!!

ReputationRep:
    Damn that sucks!!
    Well whatever you do, good luck and I hope you get into GEM and everything works out for you

Thanks
    I was looking forward to joining SGUL,but I guess I'll do GEM there,hopefully
    Good Luck to you too
    We may meet in the future,you never know

ReputationRep:

Just looked at your About me section and saw that you're a GEM student at KCL?
    Do you mind me asking what degree were you doing before?
    Also,I just looked at the link you posted and it says that KCL is one of the unis that don't look at your A-Levels..how true was it for you?

ReputationRep:
    Just looked at your About me section and saw that you're a GEM student at KCL?
    Do you mind me asking what degree were you doing before?
    Also,I just looked at the link you posted and it says that KCL is one of the unis that don't look at your A-Levels..how true was it for you?
    I did my degree in disaster management at Coventry Uni. On the course there are ex politics, history, accounting students too. Lots of different backgrounds
    My a2/as levels are BBde... They are much more interested in your experience and qualities over academics. They said by the end of the first year you can't tell who did what degree prior to starting

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I did my degree in disaster management at Coventry Uni. On the course there are ex politics, history, accounting students too. Lots of different backgrounds
    My a2/as levels are BBde... They are much more interested in your experience and qualities over academics. They said by the end of the first year you can't tell who did what degree prior to starting

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Really?
    So I assume you got a 2.1 degree or 1st class?
    Did you have a paid job in a caring role or just loads of experience?

ReputationRep:
    hi I 2 intend on doing healthcare science and the graduate entry medicine. what uni r u going 2?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.