The Student Room Group

Do anyone miss being young

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Who doesn't? All you had to worry about when you were young was getting homework and that happened maybe once every week and you could get your big sister to do it for you :tongue:

I feel sort of depressed thinking back about my young days. I'm 19 starting Uni soon. From here onwards its just going to be work, work and more work until I retire. Hopefully by then scientists will be able to transfer my brain into a robotic exo-skeleton (like the terminator but a young version of me).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by Jokerjon
Heres a few things I can remember from my childhood and being young..<br>
I remember back in the day when you was in school you and your mate from the other side of the classroom would go to sharpen your pencil at the bin at the same time so you could have a little chat in lesson.. I remember back in the day when if you was at the park and you saw people playing football and you wanted to play, you would ask anyone who was playing could you play and they would reply " Don't know mate not my ball". I remember back in the day everyone use to use Hi5, Piczo and MSN looool them times were emotional. I remember back in the day when everyone use to wear them Academic &amp; Ecko tracksuits, Or them Scott Jumpers or them old school Addias tracksuit bottoms with the stripes coming halfway down on the trousers.. I remember back in the day buying panda pops everyday before school I used to love blue raspberry and strawberry and jelly ice cream flavour. I remember back in the day when i was in Year 7 and songs like 21 seconds from So Solid Crew or Nu Flow from Big Brovaz got everyone in my year gassed!!. I remember back in the day when all you had to do was deal with going to school, seeing your mates and having a laugh, not worrying or having responsibilities about paying bills or getting a job , or stressing about your boyfriend or girlfriend. I remember back in the day in school if a boy hadn't kissed a girl, or a girl hadn't kissed a boy everyone use to say you was FRIGID loool! I remember back in the day when popular chocolate like Kit Kat, Twix, Aero, Galaxy, Mars used to be 30,35,40p in shops or school vending machines not the 50p + you see in shops nowadays! I remember back in the day i used to leave home everyday with £2 dinner money and come back at the end of the day with £15,20 from selling sweets, cookies to people in school. I remember back in the day especially in London most of the underground train stations used to have them old creaky gates with the 4 open flaps at the bottom of them and when you bunked the train you could either kick it and it would go flying or just crawl underneath it.. I remember back in the day when you would blow up your capri-sun and give it to someone else pretending its full!<br>
remember back in the day when Oyster card's didn't exist and bus fares used to be 40p or you could get a 1 day bus pass for a £1. I remember back in the day Blackberry and I phones didn't exist and everyone was getting or had a Nokia 3210 or 3310, 8210, 8310, banging Snakes on your or your mates phones trying to beat there high scores!!<br>
I remember back in the day when your listening to radio station you used to record songs on your tape casette and then play them over and over again and chat to your friends about it the next day. I remember back in the day when there was no Ipad, Itablet, Laptops were expensive and you used to have them chunky pc monitors at home and at school. I remember when you got into a fight back in year 7 &amp; 8 it was fist to fist no jumped in you used to settle it like that not now a days with people stabbing and shooting people over stupid ****.. I remember back in the day when everyone used to have a ps2 and they used to get gassed over Grand Theft Auto, or ISS pro evolution or Simpsons Hit &amp; Run and other old school ps2 games. I remember back in the day when there used to be Live &amp; Kicking or SMTV live every Saturday morning and i used to get up to watch it.. The cartoons and comedy shows used to be on another level compared to today's **** on TV. There was Kenan &amp; Kel "Who loves orange soda? Kel loves orange soda. Is it true? Hm hmmm. I do I do I do oooo!" Remember I used to watch Hey Arnold, Recess I Loved the Animaniacs and Pinky &amp; The Brain. Shame that they never did get to take over the world... Fresh prince of bel air and all them old school cartoons on cartoon network and nickelodeon when it used to be decent... There any more memories anyone else can think off!
<br>
oh my god i cried when i read this, these are exactly my memories as well. Nokia 3310, chunky pc monitors, cassete tapes, 40p bus fare, SMTV, Schott jumpers, MSN, "don't know mate not my ball" I remember all that.
Reply 22
Original post by Jokerjon
Heres a few things I can remember from my childhood and being young..
I remember back in the day when you was in school you and your mate from the other side of the classroom would go to sharpen your pencil at the bin at the same time so you could have a little chat in lesson.. I remember back in the day when if you was at the park and you saw people playing football and you wanted to play, you would ask anyone who was playing could you play and they would reply " Don't know mate not my ball". I remember back in the day everyone use to use Hi5, Piczo and MSN looool them times were emotional. I remember back in the day when everyone use to wear them Academic & Ecko tracksuits, Or them Scott Jumpers or them old school Addias tracksuit bottoms with the stripes coming halfway down on the trousers.. I remember back in the day buying panda pops everyday before school I used to love blue raspberry and strawberry and jelly ice cream flavour. I remember back in the day when i was in Year 7 and songs like 21 seconds from So Solid Crew or Nu Flow from Big Brovaz got everyone in my year gassed!!. I remember back in the day when all you had to do was deal with going to school, seeing your mates and having a laugh, not worrying or having responsibilities about paying bills or getting a job , or stressing about your boyfriend or girlfriend. I remember back in the day in school if a boy hadn't kissed a girl, or a girl hadn't kissed a boy everyone use to say you was FRIGID loool! I remember back in the day when popular chocolate like Kit Kat, Twix, Aero, Galaxy, Mars used to be 30,35,40p in shops or school vending machines not the 50p + you see in shops nowadays! I remember back in the day i used to leave home everyday with £2 dinner money and come back at the end of the day with £15,20 from selling sweets, cookies to people in school. I remember back in the day especially in London most of the underground train stations used to have them old creaky gates with the 4 open flaps at the bottom of them and when you bunked the train you could either kick it and it would go flying or just crawl underneath it.. I remember back in the day when you would blow up your capri-sun and give it to someone else pretending its full!
remember back in the day when Oyster card's didn't exist and bus fares used to be 40p or you could get a 1 day bus pass for a £1. I remember back in the day Blackberry and I phones didn't exist and everyone was getting or had a Nokia 3210 or 3310, 8210, 8310, banging Snakes on your or your mates phones trying to beat there high scores!!
I remember back in the day when your listening to radio station you used to record songs on your tape casette and then play them over and over again and chat to your friends about it the next day. I remember back in the day when there was no Ipad, Itablet, Laptops were expensive and you used to have them chunky pc monitors at home and at school. I remember when you got into a fight back in year 7 & 8 it was fist to fist no jumped in you used to settle it like that not now a days with people stabbing and shooting people over stupid ****.. I remember back in the day when everyone used to have a ps2 and they used to get gassed over Grand Theft Auto, or ISS pro evolution or Simpsons Hit & Run and other old school ps2 games. I remember back in the day when there used to be Live & Kicking or SMTV live every Saturday morning and i used to get up to watch it.. The cartoons and comedy shows used to be on another level compared to today's **** on TV. There was Kenan & Kel "Who loves orange soda? Kel loves orange soda. Is it true? Hm hmmm. I do I do I do oooo!" Remember I used to watch Hey Arnold, Recess I Loved the Animaniacs and Pinky & The Brain. Shame that they never did get to take over the world... Fresh prince of bel air and all them old school cartoons on cartoon network and nickelodeon when it used to be decent... There any more memories anyone else can think off!

Everything you've said has made me miss my childhood so much

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
But but...I'm still young.
Reply 24
Yeah, in a way I do.

I miss not having to worry about bills, 8+ hours of free time, blah blah. Boy, do I also miss being able to snarf everything and not gain weight. I seem to heal more slowly, and I sure as heck can't pull off random sleep schedules anymore.

On the other hand, I've met a lot of good folks along the way and changed and grown, too.

I wish I had not gone to college straight out of high school. I didn't know what I wanted. As a result, my first degree is kinda useless and I didn't get much research experience (Nor did I build many connections - I'm terribly shy). But you know, I took a few courses and made connections and I feel ready for something new. Maybe not being so bouncy and resilient is just a quiet reminder to check myself before I wreck myself, as it were. I'm more inclined to visit a doctor or dentist if something hurts instead of shrugging it off and going to do something else.

It feels weird to see so much technology that wasn't even a blink in someone's eye. I lived before the internet, with an original NES (And boy, that was new and exciting. Except Duck Hunt. We all cheated at that) and all that jazz. I guess I just don't 'get' social media so much.

... and now I'll take my official 'get off my lawn' badge.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending