Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Suggest A Film To Watch Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JodieW)
    Memento

Plot synopsis: A man who suffers from short term memory loss tries to piece together the clues that will lead him to his wife's murderer.

Why I liked it: It's possibly my favourite film ever. Full of twists, excellent script, I didn't see the ending coming AT ALL. I could watch it multiple times and it never gets boring.

Who will like it: Fans of mystery and drama films and those who enjoy really surprising twists.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sounds interesting, I'll watch this tonight, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nerd2)
    Please do, and quote me in a post later to let me know what you thought about it It's seriously an amazing film.

EDIT: You have to make sure you don't miss even a bit of it because if you do it can get confusing. Happy watching! ^-^

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Defiance - a film about a group of Belarusian Jews who try to survive in the woods and stay hidden from the Nazi's based on a true story
    I liked i because there was a bit of everything in it

If like war films it for you it's a bit different than films like saving private Ryan and platoon so if not huge fan of war films give it a try

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nerd2)
    I watched this movie just for Emma Stone:drool:
    did you like it? and i LOVE emma stone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JanitaTwain)
    did you like it? and i LOVE emma stone!
    Yeah it was good, it being a chick flick and all, I wasn't expecting much.

ReputationRep:
    It's Kind of a Funny Story - IMDb - 7.1/10

A depressed and suicidal teenager checks himself into an adult psychiatric ward, where he meets some very 'interesting' characters.

A great film, if you can relate and/or understand the pressures of teenage life; school, parents, peers etc. 'It will make you laugh, cry and glad to be alive'.

I think everyone would enjoy this feel-good movie which has a nice message behind it. Comic relief is provided by the hilarious Zach Galifianakis (Alan from Hangover).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nerd2)
    Yeah it was good, it being a chick flick and all, I wasn't expecting much.
    chick flicks do tend to be conventionally predictable, but this had a refreshing story
    line.

ReputationRep:
    The Dreamers.
    An American student in Paris meets a crazy pair of upper class Anglo-French siblings and lives with them for a while. Much fun and games ensues. Warning: nude content
    A great film for anyone who likes picture perfect scenes of the most beautiful city in Europe, and enjoys pretentious pseudo-intellectual French cinema, but also a feel good movie that will subtly make you feel better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nerd2)
    Did you end up watching it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha I was just about to start watching it now. I haven't had a chance to earlier in the week, I've had a load of job interviews come up. I'll let you know what I think of it later.

ReputationRep:
    A Beautiful Mind

A biopic of the meteoric rise of John Forbes Nash Jr., a math prodigy able to solve problems that baffled the greatest of minds and his inner struggle with himself.

I loved it because its contruction is quite original and thanks to great actors it's an extraordinary film. It's moving, it makes you think about the characters and it's unforgettable.

People who like drama and psychological films, also those who are interested in biographies. If you like good films, you'll like this one as well.

ReputationRep:
    Good Will Hunting - IMDb rating 8.2/10

Will Hunting is a very gifted mathematician and an all-round genius, although having a troubled childhood. His mathematical ability is first noticed by a maths professor, while Will himself is working at the university as a janitor. The maths professor enlists the help of a physiologist to guide Will into somewhere more suited to his mental ability.

Its an interesting and entertaining film. The script and the acting is superb.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nerd2)
    Oldboy

IMDb Rating - 8.4/10

A guy is kidnapped and trapped in a room for 15 years, not knowing why. He his then released by his captor, but only to find his captor has bigger plans for him.

This film is amazing!! It has suspense, crazy fight scenes, love, but the best bit is the twist at the end.

Usually this ain't my type of film, but I thought it was brilliant. Watch it for yourself and see what you think of it.
    I think most people have heard of and watched this film by now. unfotunalty it bcame such a cult classic, that Hollywood are making a bound to be **** re-make

ReputationRep:
    basically if you haven't seen all of these below films, something has gone majorly wrong in your movie-watching life - usual suspects , wrong turn at Tahoe, carlitos way, oldboy, identity (2003), true romance, valkerie, remember the titans,6th sense

ReputationRep:
    The Intouchables

French film, based on a real life story about a quadriplegic who employs a guy who only attends the interview for a signature to claim his unemployment benefits.

This is undoubtedly one of my favourite films! It's hilarious. I don't make it sound so great so have a look on IMDB.

Watch it if you love feel good comedies. You will not be disappointed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tif4)
    basically if you haven't seen all of these below films, something has gone majorly wrong in your movie-watching life - usual suspects , wrong turn at Tahoe, carlitos way, oldboy, identity (2003), true romance, valkerie, remember the titans,6th sense
    Usual Suspects and The Sixth Sense are classics and everyone should have seen them. Old Boy is very good film. The rest of the films you mentioned are okay-good, but none of them are anything special.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nerd2)
    Usual Suspects and The Sixth Sense are classics and everyone should have seen them. Old Boy is very good film. The rest of the films you mentioned are okay-good, but none of them are anything special.
    I disagree, of their respective genre, they are some of the best. it seems not everyone has seen the classics either, seeing as you haven't seen memento, which is 13 years old.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tif4)
    I disagree, of their respective genre, they are some of the best. it seems not everyone has seen the classics either, seeing as you haven't seen memento, which is 13 years old.
    Yeah, but I have been recommended memento countless times by friends in the past, so I was aware of it before someone on here suggested it. I'm afraid to say some of the films you mentioned I have not even heard of. I've seen Carlito's Way though, good film!

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This is one of the top films, but not surprisingly Netflix don't have it, nor does LoveFilm, going to have to find another way to watch it.

ReputationRep:
    The Man With Two Brains

Synopsis: A brain surgeon, whose beloved wife has just died, accidentally runs over a woman while speaking to an interviewer about his high-profile job. Little does he know that she is actually a golddigger who dupes men into marrying her so that she can have their money whilst cheating on them behind their backs. Having fallen in love with her perfect body and seemingly sweet personality, he operates on her to save her life after the accident and immediately asks her to marry him. He then meets a mysterious scientist on a business trip who preserves brains, and meets one brain who he truly falls in love with - but the problem is, he's still married to the golddigger, and she won't take no for an answer...

Why I Liked It: This is an absolutely hilarious film. It stars Steve Martin (so if you're already a fan of Cheaper By The Dozen, Father Of The Bride, etc. then you'll probably enjoy this) and some of the lines have sprung into my head at random moments and made me burst out laughing. It's a light-hearted film but I'd really recommend it to anybody who's looking for a good, old comedy.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.