Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milliconcarne)
    Me too!

All mine say 'non-smoker', but as you're not allowed to smoke in the building it shouldn't matter
    Thank you so much for the reply! So they can't even smoke in their rooms? I guess that's okay then

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *hen)
    Thank you so much for the reply! So they can't even smoke in their rooms? I guess that's okay then

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that smoking is prohibited in accommodation buildings, but don't hold me to that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZoeM95)
    Hey I'm in studio room 095 so I guess we're near haha! What course are you doing? x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yey! so glad i've found someone haha! I'm doing Adult Nursing , what're you doing? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jenbillot)
    hiya! Just got confirmation that I'm staying there in a few weeks for biomedical sciences at kings! So excited!!! Can't wait to meet everyone but question - when do we / are you getting to moonraker - like what's the first day we have to go there? No clue!
    Also, do we need to buy pots and pans and Shiz? I'm in an ensuite so sharing a kitchen obvs
    eeeekk so excited!!!!
    Hi it opens on saturday 14th sept so that's when I'm moving in, yep you have to buy pots and pans. See you there!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys! I am so glad to find others staying at moonraker this year! So nervous but excited i'm en suite room 21 something! is anyone near me? Feeling slightly clueless being dropped off into the unknown!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *hen)
    Hi everyone! I've been given an ensuite room at moonraker point
    I'll be doing undergraduate medicine too!
    Hope to see you all there!

PS. When I log into my unite account, it says all my flatmates/neighbours are smokers - but I'm not a smoker! Has anybody else found this too? I'm wondering if it's just a glitch, because I don't remember having the option to say if I smoke or don't.
    Hi there fellow course mate! Hope to see you around

i volunteer next to moonraker point and the train station is definitley not opposite. Southwark station is round the corner though the train line does run nearby. I can't hear anything from the building I'm in. Never walked round it at night but during the day its perfectly safe, the area is full of professionals and tourists.

Oh that's a relief I was worried that the train would be noisy, thank you!

hiya! Just got confirmation that I'm staying there in a few weeks for biomedical sciences at kings! So excited!!! Can't wait to meet everyone but question - when do we / are you getting to moonraker - like what's the first day we have to go there? No clue!
    Also, do we need to buy pots and pans and Shiz? I'm in an ensuite so sharing a kitchen obvs
    eeeekk so excited!!!!

Hullo! Well official move in date is the 15th of September but I'm not sure if it's possible to move in early. Not too sure on the pots and pans sorry Perhaps check the Unite website and see if these things are included?

p,S I'm in studio apt 077 Room A, not sure where that is though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenny135)
    Yey! so glad i've found someone haha! I'm doing Adult Nursing , what're you doing? x
    I'm doing Music whereabouts are you from? x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ooh wow!! Thatll be so fun im from Newcastle so i have no idea about London haha. Where are you coming from? X

ReputationRep:
    Ooh wow!! Thatll be so fun im from Newcastle so i have no idea about London haha. Where are you coming from? X
    Oooh I want to go there! Big Geordie Shore lover haha, guilty pleasure I'm coming from Oxford, so not too far x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Haha! I love it too, im afraid I might not live up to the Geordie Shore reputation though! Theyre so crazy but hilarious to watch. Ooh Oxford sounds so lovely from what ive heard from friends, I like the boat race Are you excited to start Uni? x

ReputationRep:
    Haha! I love it too, im afraid I might not live up to the Geordie Shore reputation though! Theyre so crazy but hilarious to watch. Ooh Oxford sounds so lovely from what ive heard from friends, I like the boat race Are you excited to start Uni? x
    Haha, that's not a bad thing! Yeah really excited! You? Have you booked any freshers tickets? X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah cant wait little adventure! No I havnt, i dont have a clue what to go for. And i dont want to get a ticket not knowing who is going or what i have on at Uni on that day etc. Its all so confusing and stressful haha! Whatre you doing about it? X

ReputationRep:
    Yeah cant wait little adventure! No I havnt, i dont have a clue what to go for. And i dont want to get a ticket not knowing who is going or what i have on at Uni on that day etc. Its all so confusing and stressful haha! Whatre you doing about it? X
    Hey Jenny I am exactly the same! I dont know whether to wait because I don't want tickets to run out!! Do you have a studio or ensuite at moon raker? x

ReputationRep:
    Haha, that's not a bad thing! Yeah really excited! You? Have you booked any freshers tickets? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey do you know where we get the tickets from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unibound2013)
    Hey Jenny I am exactly the same! I dont know whether to wait because I don't want tickets to run out!! Do you have a studio or ensuite at moon raker? x
    I have a studio Im going down tom oro to have a look so I know what I need etc are you in a studio? Im in 099A. With regards to freshers I think I will just wait and see whats what when I start. Ive never been out in London so have got a clue what will be good/expensive or cheap/near. Its so confusing haha! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harrietrose1)
    Hey do you know where we get the tickets from?
    Hey! Do you have Facebook? If so, add the King's Freshers page and then all of the big club nights (for the university of London, not just kings freshers!) advertise their big events on there the one at Tiger Tiger will be amazing... The club is insane! x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ah I'm the same really! I know a few people going to the Tiger Tiger event from other London uni's so only got tickets for that night! I'm sure it will all make sense when we get there haha x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have a studio Im going down tom oro to have a look so I know what I need etc are you in a studio? Im in 099A. With regards to freshers I think I will just wait and see whats what when I start. Ive never been out in London so have got a clue what will be good/expensive or cheap/near. Its so confusing haha! x
    ahh I have an ensuite! Im in 216 or 7 (I think im so bad at remembering numbers!!) yeahh I want to go and have a look too! Especially so i can know what size bedding to buy!! I think i'll do the same ive been out in london before but never as a student!!! x

ReputationRep:
    wild stab in the dark but does anyone happen to be in room 120?

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Music whereabouts are you from? x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi, nice to meet someone here who's doing Music as well. Which course will you be studying? I'm doing the MMus in Musicology.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.