ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    You have the posters who pretty much rep whore it and beg for rep as it means that their opinion on the site suddenly becomes valid if they have 3 green gems. :rolleyes: Then you get posts from non suscribers accusing (the wrong person usually) of negging them as if these brownie points ensure your success in life :rofl: it's a damn shame
    I think its more in relation to how we take the person's post if they've more red gems or more green gems. You're right, they are only little pips on a screen, plus it seems as if you stray even a toe off the common line on here you're negged to oblivion.

Though, I think I'm certainly more inclined take someone's word, example or statistic if they've more green then red gems. Especially on the common threads around here, though this is obviously not always the case I think those with lots of green gems actually construct arguments rather then piping in with some ridiculous comment.

I do, however, take your point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RomnCoton)
    Why do you care...?

Who gives a **** about rep?
    I was taking the piss out of people who complain about neg ffs and they use that phrase all the time

ReputationRep:
    Well, some people equate rep on the student room to real life reputation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilac!!)
    You have five green gems....
    And? was 6 a few days ago but are you seriously trying to suggest that I rep whore it and I'm a hypocrite for complaining due to people liking what I say? It's a pretty flawed point if that's what you're trying to suggest

ReputationRep:
    All fair points. I am surprised to see you (as someone that's in the green) posting a thread like this, though.

I have noticed that people in the red are far more likely to be negged than people in the green. Even if what they said wasn't that bad. People with green gems seem to be taken a lot more seriously.

ReputationRep:
    Basically, the rep system is to decide who's popular on this forum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CasualSoul)

If I ask a hot dude out and he says no then I say 'Oh but I have 5 green gems on wwww.thestudentroom.co.uk :perv: ' ..he's not exactly going to say yes :curious:
    :lol: Oh you never know...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moonymeen)
    :lol: Oh you never know...
    in which case ..:awesome:

haha

And? was 6 a few days ago but are you seriously trying to suggest that I rep whore it and I'm a hypocrite for complaining due to people liking what I say? It's a pretty flawed point if that's what you're trying to suggest
      Did you just neg me for making that point thou?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by lilac!!)
      Did you just neg me for making that point thou?
      Probably :lol: I dish it out for fun so don't remember it half the time(I like negging people to annoy them)

Probably :lol: I dish it out for fun so don't remember it half the time(I like negging people to annoy them)
        :rofl: Aw, you're a funny one.

ReputationRep:
        Shame there's no more neg rep. Just makes my statement more valid. :rofl2::rofl::rofl3:
        But seriously why did they get rid of the ****, I wanted to give people neg rep to piss them off. Please take it back, if they change it back the first thing I'll do will be to ghost neg as many posts as possible for a week. I'll even neg my posts if it's possible :rofl:

ReputationRep:
        Read the OP and tell me how you interpreted that in a way that prompted you to make this response
        I read. I said. I left. I :cool:.

ReputationRep:
        Blah. I like my red gem it's pretty

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
        I do.
        Lovely, lovely rep

ReputationRep:
        Yeah exactly, but people still care enough to press the rep button...

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Multitalented me)
        Yeah exactly, but people still care enough to press the rep button...
        Repped
        • Section Leader
        • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
        If it gets given, then that's cool. If not, not the end of the world.

I guess some people can get obsessive over them and thus care loads? A sense of recognition and all that.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Trill)
        Blah. I like my red gem it's pretty

Posted from TSR Mobile
        I'm going to rep you until you're in the green :lol:

ReputationRep:
        I misread the title and thought you were having a go at rap music and came here about to bite your head off... but I agree about rep. It's a waste of time.

I used to make sure I negged anyone who I ever saw complaining about getting a neg. Especially someone who edited a post to whine that someone negged them.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.