Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone else starting uni around their birthday? Watch

ReputationRep:
    As others have mentioned, have it early. You have to celebrate by doing something big on the actual day, in fact most people have parties at the weekend as it fits better with uni/work. My birthday is September 10th so I've always moved back to university a few days later but this year, I'm having my party at the end of August, a) because it suits my timetable better and b) it now ties in with Leicester Pride. The weekend before my birthday, there'll be a family meal as it's my niece's birthday on the same day as mine, meaning that after all that, I probably won't do anything on the actual day of my birthday. Doesn't bother me.

ReputationRep:
    my birthday is on the first day of freshers for me 23rd of september. Guess i dont have to worry about getting everyone out as everyone will be out for freshers anyway

ReputationRep:
    My birthday is the 24th and I move in on the 21st, so I'll be four days into fresher's week.

I'm really worried because obviously it'll be a total new bunch of people I've never met before and I don't want to be in the awkward position where I have to bring up the fact it's my birthday and people will feel obliged to do something... I'm even planning on making my own cake to share with flatmates (I wouldn't expect them to sort out a cake etc)
    My long-term boyfriend is going to the same uni as me (living separately) but I don't want to make plans with him for that evening because I don't want to alienate my flatmates....:confused:

God knows what's going to happen, but please know you are not alone in worrying about this!

ReputationRep:
    I started uni on my birthday. At the start of the day i didn't know anyone, but by the end it was one of the best birthdays i've ever had.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alixj)
    My birthday is the 24th and I move in on the 21st, so I'll be four days into fresher's week.

I'm really worried because obviously it'll be a total new bunch of people I've never met before and I don't want to be in the awkward position where I have to bring up the fact it's my birthday and people will feel obliged to do something... I'm even planning on making my own cake to share with flatmates (I wouldn't expect them to sort out a cake etc)
    My long-term boyfriend is going to the same uni as me (living separately) but I don't want to make plans with him for that evening because I don't want to alienate my flatmates....:confused:

God knows what's going to happen, but please know you are not alone in worrying about this!
    This was my problem. We were all talking about moving in and then they were wondering what to do on the sunday (my birthday) so I said it's my brithday and ym parents will in town but I won't be with them all day and the girls could tag along if they wanted. it turns out one if watching a footie match in the afternoon and one of the others might not be arriving until sunday anyway, which leaves only me and one other girl. So we could go out for lunch and explore the town and find out where we need to be the next day.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.