Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Annoying UCL Watch

ReputationRep:
    yes sorry i mean per week. I looked in the suburbs but any cost reduction is lost through rail fares and bus fares.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by richardwright)
    If you're their firm I thought you'd get guaranteed accommodation? Or at least I'd thought they'd help you look in the private sector.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly mate, I think you're at least a little bit responsible here. I made sure I applied for my accommodation as soon as possible and made sure I was keeping myself up to date with when it would be opening, etc. I'm not surprised that the university can't offer you accommodation at this point, but maybe if you were to call back and calmly explain the situation, someone would be able to help.

ReputationRep:
    Call them not everyone accepts their offer so tell them and call them about your situation, call them as soon as!!

ReputationRep:
    I have called . I explained quite calmly how they even said in june i would quote "definitely get accomodation"

the swore once at me during the phone call and put the phone down at the end when I wasnt finished

ReputationRep:
    Your friend FB'd you at 6pm on deadline day? Sounds like he/she wanted to pleasure himself/herself from watching you miss the deadline :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by richardwright)
    oh yeah youre so right. one 2 line set of instructions at the bottom of a letter sent out 6 months before hand, website not working when needed.

and I did for your information. UCL is at fault.
    Was this 2 line set of instrucvtions in micro sized print like a dodgy terms and conditions sort of thing? If not, then it is a harsh but important lesson in remembering to read everything carefully.

ReputationRep:
    Call up intercollegiate halls I.e. lillian penson hall. They have 6 catered UoL sites in Holborn or Marylebone ranging from 118pw-210pw. I stayed in nutford house in Marylebone, only a 30 min walk to UCL and the hall itself had around 50 UCL people attending, 100 King's, 30 LSE and a couple of QMUL. Oh and some RAM and central school people. The experience was amazing, it was like boarding school

ReputationRep:
    I've heard that several people who missed their firm and are coming to UCL as their insurance are getting some success with the University of London residences, namely the intercollegiate halls. Call them as soon as you can - their prices are slightly higher at roughly £180-190 pounds a week but remember that they give you two meals a day and most of them are a ten minute walk away from campus.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.