Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Your grades are fine, I had BBCX and had 3 interviews including two at Imperial and Barts which are supposed to put a lot of emphasis on A levels

ReputationRep:
    I had AAAB (b in chem) and had an offer from KCL and interview from imperial last year.
    Some med schools care, some don't, and it's up to you to find out which. Obviously the KCL and Imperial and some that don't, others (from when I applied but this may have changed) are Sheffield, Exeter/Plymouth, Liverpool/Lancaster.
    Avoid UCL, they look at AS results.

ReputationRep:
    I know someone who got all medicine rejections with a,b and c's at AS

it's a shame your B is in chem which is the most important subject for medicine :/

ReputationRep:
    Most medical schools focus on your predicted grades, so as long as you are predicted AAA (including chemistry) then you will be absolutely fine for most universities!
    Having said that, there are a few which do look at AS grades e.g. UCL say a strong performance is required at AS, Birmingham prefer AAAA at AS level. So it may not be the best idea to apply to these universities although if you have an otherwise strong application then it is worth a try. Also, Queens University Belfast and the University of Southampton require an A grade in the 4th AS Level.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.