Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coates8)
    yeh, doing biomed, staying in taly south, how about you? so far I have figured I need to buy gym and rugby club membership, freshers wrist bands, and that's just the first week without drinks and food!!!

Cool I'm studying History/Religious Studies . Wow, well I'm lucky since I am living at home so I don't have to stay anywhere, just for bits and pieces really .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sprog101)
    Cool I'm studying History/Religious Studies . Wow, well I'm lucky since I am living at home so I don't have to stay anywhere, just for bits and pieces really .
    ah lucky you, so you are from Cardiff?

ReputationRep:
    ah lucky you, so you are from Cardiff?

Yep where are you from?

ReputationRep:
    Yep where are you from?
    nice, from north wales (Wrexham) so glad I am going to Cardiff! such a great city!!

ReputationRep:
    nice, from north wales (Wrexham) so glad I am going to Cardiff! such a great city!!
    Cool! Do you speak welsh? I've never been up North . Cardiff it great, so much goes on here

ReputationRep:
    Cool! Do you speak welsh? I've never been up North . Cardiff it great, so much goes on here
    nope, I can say llanfairpg in full and did welsh gcse but that's it, haha its pretty nice, been down to Cardiff a fair few times, and it is such a calm and friendly city and not as busy compared to London, Manchester etc!

ReputationRep:
    nope, I can say llanfairpg in full and did welsh gcse but that's it, haha its pretty nice, been down to Cardiff a fair few times, and it is such a calm and friendly city and not as busy compared to London, Manchester etc!
    Fair enough I can. That's the great thing about Cardiff, its a city that can be busy but not as busy as places like that! Its amazing to see how people come together on Six Nations Game days though . And so many good events such as Student Lock In

ReputationRep:
    what wristbands are people getting? are you going to get the official SU one? I don't know whether to get an all inclusive one or the standard one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bekahj)
    what wristbands are people getting? are you going to get the official SU one? I don't know whether to get an all inclusive one or the standard one
    I've got the SU All Inclusive one because then I've got entry to all the events including freshers ball

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know where and when we collect the SU wristbands?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cara2412)

I have read that we have to collect them once we have gotten our Student Cards, not sure from where

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bekahj)
    Stupid question, but when do we actually go to Cardiff? I know ucas says I start on the 24th but when does freshers week start?
    Depends on your accommodation. For example, my hall says we can move in from 18th September so that's when I'm moving down. I think Freshers is the 18th-29th?

ReputationRep:
    Random question. Does anybody know how to enter or edit their term time address on student finance?

ReputationRep:
    I'm just going to get the £30 Fresher's wristband

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsHoe)
    Random question. Does anybody know how to enter or edit their term time address on student finance?
    I think there is a edit section somewhere on there

ReputationRep:
    http://www.climaxpromotions.co.uk/ are selling the official Cardiff fresher wristbands, these are the ones that the SU are also promoting. All the biggest and best clubs are included so I'd definitely recommend getting these ones

ReputationRep:
    I got an SU Band and an ice breaker ticket

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsHoe)
    I got an SU Band and an ice breaker ticket
    Which wrist band did you get?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cara2412)
    You can collect them from the SU building once you've got your ID and e-ticket (The e-mail should explain it)

Can't wait! Less than a month now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KeeleyObsessed)
    You can collect them from the SU building once you've got your ID and e-ticket (The e-mail should explain it)

Can't wait! Less than a month now!
    We can pick our Uni cards up from the 16th of September but the SU bands from the 18th, do you think that we could pick them up early or no?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.