Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Q for the ladies. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Yeah
    There's plenty of other guys, why would you pick someone that was already in a relationship? Wait until you find one that's available.

ReputationRep:
    If the feelings were mutual, I'd make it known that I do like him, but wouldn't partake in any 'romantic' activities whilst he's still with his girlfriend. You can't have your cake and eat it too mr! &I don't want to be 'that hoe who my bf cheated on me with' either :catfight:

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't interfere with someone else's relationship, and I wouldn't want anything to do with a dude who would be so willing to cheat on or ditch his girlfriend the second something new came along. Don't care how attractive he is or what he has going for him otherwise.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Not one for interfering in someone elses relationship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Anon or delete.
    Ladies, If you knew that a guy you liked already was already in a relationship, would you accept it and stay away, e.g. if you worked with him?
    Depends, is he happy in the relationship ? but hey, you only live once.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Whereas I guess the 'right' answer would be yes I'd stay away, I honestly think it would depend on the situation. If they were happily in a relationship then I would leave it and try and get over my feelings, but if I knew the relationship wasn't working or she was the wrong person for him then I would let him know my feelings for him. Makes me think of the scenario in Friends between Ross and Rachel :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Treeroy)
    Possibly. If it was clear that I had little chance of getting with him and that he wasn't into me, then yeah, I'd stay away as I wouldn't gain anything from trying. Otherwise no, I probably wouldn't.

And I appreciate that I'm not a "lady", but I'm not sure why that matters. Surely guys can answer this just as well as girls?

While true that a guy is more attractive if girls want him (and that doesn't mean they want to sabotage his relationship), the relevance to this thread is.....?
    that it could be the main reason she likes him is because he is in a relationship.

ReputationRep:
    I'll admit I have felt that "want what you can't have" attraction with guys who are in a relationship before - but I'll never actively interfere with a relationship. If he's dating someone else, he's unavailable, it's as simple as that.

Also, if a guy 'ditches' his girlfriend for me or attempts to physically cheat on her with me then I would automatically find him less attractive to the point of most likely not dating him. Because if he could do it to her, who's to say he won't do the same to me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ultimate1)
    101 of relationships:

A man who is wanted by many girls [especially cute ones] is very attractive to girls. A man in a relationships [ESPECIALLY with a good looking girl] will always have girls willing to sabotage his relationship.

This is a fact.

Girls are more willing to share a man of high status.
    The bit in bold - why do you say this is the case?

ReputationRep:
    Depends. I would only be friends, but if I fell for him or something I'd tell him, firstly for closure and second because he deserves to know. If he's happy etc he'll tell me, I'll be able to move on, if not then the break up was inevitable really and they weren't going to end up together so it doesn't matter all that much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by on-acid)
    Also, if a guy 'ditches' his girlfriend for me or attempts to physically cheat on her with me then I would automatically find him less attractive to the point of most likely not dating him. Because if he could do it to her, who's to say he won't do the same to me?
    I always find this a really weird comment. I mean, every relationship isn't the same. I might go out lots with one boyfriend but stay in with another. I might marry one guy but not another! He might realise she wasn't right for him, but with you think you are.

ReputationRep:
    Hasn't stopped me in the past. Although I guy who eventually became my boyfriend his girlfriend was overseas at the time and came back to a shock. I felt awful.

ReputationRep:
    Just be friendly, and let him know "your girlfriend is a lucky girl"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mayden)
    If the feelings were mutual, I'd make it known that I do like him, but wouldn't partake in any 'romantic' activities whilst he's still with his girlfriend. You can't have your cake and eat it too mr! &I don't want to be 'that hoe who my bf cheated on me with' either :catfight:
    Yeah, I agree with this and I think it's the fairest approach to be honest

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    Of course I would. I'd feel extremely guilty about being the other woman and I'd never be able to live with myself if I was the cause of a relationship breaking up. I also wouldn't want to be with a guy who was willing to cheat on their girlfriend because they could end up doing the same to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joker12345)
    I always find this a really weird comment. I mean, every relationship isn't the same. I might go out lots with one boyfriend but stay in with another. I might marry one guy but not another! He might realise she wasn't right for him, but with you think you are.
    I get what you mean. For me, if the relationship wasn't working out with him and his gf anyway - as in, they were going to break up soon enough with or without me in the picture - then yes, I would be okay with him breaking off a relationship with her and dating me quite soon after. But I would feel quite uncomfortable if I became 'that girl who stole whatever-her-name-is's boyfriend' - as in, the relationship was ruined because of me.

And I don't think cheating is ever okay. If a guy (or girl, really) doesn't have enough morals and respect to leave one girl before he pounces on another, then he's probably not someone I would consider being with - not long-term, anyways.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 19, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.