Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What does "keep it slow" mean? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Just let it happen, taking it slow means she doesn't want anything formal yet and not to be 'coupley' but she's happy to let something happen, essentially she's testing the waters to see you as a crush and not a mate.
    Go out for casual meetings (cinema, comedy gigs, lunch, pubs, etc) but maybe get a little closer or hold her hand, compliment her, just little things that show you in more of a romantic light- try finding the right atmosphere and if there is a connection then no planning is necessary, it'll just happen and you will be 'going slow' no more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LavenderBlueSky88)
    Bloody hell I make one joke and I get lynched for being a psycho-feminist. I just meant, by the definition of "let's go slow" she probably wouldn't like the guy slobbering all over her on their first date.
    Some joke lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJKay)
    Some joke lol.
    Strong response lol.

ReputationRep:
    Strong response lol.
    What, you expected a debate over your sense of humour or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJKay)
    What, you expected a debate over your sense of humour or something?
    No. So why try and raise an issue in the first place? You're the one nit picking here.

ReputationRep:
    No. So why try and raise an issue in the first place? You're the one nit picking here.
    What are you on about? This conversation ended approximately two posts ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJKay)
    What are you on about? This conversation ended approximately two posts ago.
    This was never a conversation. This was you getting your knickers in a twist about something I said and assuming that I either had a "phobia" of relationships or was a diehard feminist because I expressed an opinion of what the girl in OP probably meant by "taking it slow".

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.