Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So Ramshaw is a quiet place? D: I applied for the Opal 2 and got Ramshaw too. I'm in B1 btw Still considering whether i should pay d deposit or look for another place to stay though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoyHYC)
    So Ramshaw is a quiet place? D: I applied for the Opal 2 and got Ramshaw too. I'm in B1 btw Still considering whether i should pay d deposit or look for another place to stay though
    This is so weird! I saw someone else saying they applied for Opal two and got put in Ranmoor. I don't get it though, I put down Endcliffe and they've put me in Opal two when I favoured location over an ensuite and self catering on the application, so I thought they'd be more inclined to put me in Ranmoor!

ReputationRep:
    I was in Ramshaw in 2010/11 and the it's 'usually empty' thing is complete nonsense, the University fills every single room in all the accommodation every year. Yes, Ranmoor is quieter than Endcliffe but simply because there is less people, not because Endcliffe is a non-stop 24/7 party. I don't feel like I missed out on anything by being in Ranmoor, if you make friends with everyone then you'll still get invited to parties/pre-drinks in Endcliffe. It is literally a 2/3 minute walk to Endcliffe so you're hardly on the other side of Sheffield. Besides, you'll be glad Ranmoor is on the quieter side when exams roll around.

As for Ramshaw specifically. Most of them are 7 rooms, single-sex, at least the year I was there. I was in A2 for reference.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in B7 Ramshaw wanted endcliffe but at least i got self-catered en-suite But i dont get why my accomodation type 'won' over location seeing as i ticked the opposite?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saltpan)
    I'm in B7 Ramshaw wanted endcliffe but at least i got self-catered en-suite But i dont get why my accomodation type 'won' over location seeing as i ticked the opposite?
    I ticked accommodation type over location but I have spoken to a lot of other people who preferred location and got something else. I rang up a while back and they told me that Endcliffe village was so popular this year it could be filled 4x over! But I think Ranmoor will be a pretty good place to live since everyone there seem to be Endcliffe rejects!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.