Under 19 but no muscles? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhatDoIWrite)
    **** it. Why bother giving advice.
    :confused::confused::confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SPB)
    :confused::confused::confused:
    The bro science you trainer is giving you is evidently not working. Somebody provides you with advice on where you are going wrong and you dismiss it because it disagrees with what your trainer is telling you. Why you would pay a trainer in the first place is beyond me? I wouldn't be surprised if he "advised" you to go and buy the most expensive protein powder available (for which he probably is getting commission for each person he recommends).

I don't understand why people find bodybuilding so difficult.

You make sure your diet is good so you're in a calorie surplus and your diet meets your macros and get some micro nutrients in there too. (There are countless formulas around that will help you determine how many calories you need to grow and give you a macro breakdown just give it a search).
    Then you make sure you have a good workout plan. I recommend Rippetoes Starting strength.
    And you make sure you have enough rest and recovery period between workouts to allow yourself to recuperate heal and grow.

ReputationRep:
    The bro science you trainer is giving you is evidently not working. Somebody provides you with advice on where you are going wrong and you dismiss it because it disagrees with what your trainer is telling you. Why you would pay a trainer in the first place is beyond me? I wouldn't be surprised if he "advised" you to go and buy the most expensive protein powder available (for which he probably is getting commission for each person he recommends).

You make sure your diet is good so you're in a calorie surplus and your diet meets your macros and get some micro nutrients in there too. (There are countless formulas around that will help you determine how many calories you need to grow and give you a macro breakdown just give it a search).
    Then you make sure you have a good workout plan. I recommend Rippetoes Starting strength.
    And you make sure you have enough rest and recovery period between workouts to allow yourself to recuperate heal and grow.
    He's just ****ing around! He knows about lifting

ReputationRep:

Sorry but do you have a qualification no and do you compete no so why are you giving advises

I take optmium nutriton whey protein hydralized to get the protein and amino acids into my muscle immediately post working out (there is a 40 minute window or you lose muscle every few minutes if you don't get th eprotein)

thank you for trying to help though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SPB)
    Sorry but do you have a qualification no and do you compete no so why are you giving advises

I take optmium nutriton whey protein hydralized to get the protein and amino acids into my muscle immediately post working out (there is a 40 minute window or you lose muscle every few minutes if you don't get th eprotein)

thank you for trying to help though
    You're missing the point he was making though, which is that you came on here and said that what you're currently doing isn't working and asked for advice, then when people give advice you tell them they're wrong even though what they're telling you are tried and trusted methods. I've been into lifting for about a year now and been getting good results by means of help from those around me. My brother has recently become a qualified fitness instructor and has also gotten into bodybuilding. A couple of my Mum's friends have been bodybuilding since I was a kid, both of them are ****ing huge. If you told them what you told us, they'd tell you the following:

2 times a day everyday is overtraining, injury is highly likely
    By giving yourself no recovery time, you're not allowing time for the muscles to heal and therefore grow.
    Training once a day every other day is effective and allows a good amount of recovery time.
    How many reps are you doing in each exercise? If you're looking for growth, you're ideally looking to do between 5-12 reps before failure. If you can do more than 12 reps, you need to increase the weight as all you'll be doing is improving endurance.
    It's wise to work a different muscle group each day as well, rather than repeating the same full body routine each time.

Seriously, ditch the trainer. Nobody needs a bodybuilding trainer, all you need to do is gain knowledge from the internet, find what works for you and stick to the plan. The importance of recovery time cannot be stressed enough. When you lift, the muscle fibers are torn, so you rest them for a day and they repair, growing bigger and stronger upon repair. If you don't give them the time to do that, they don't grow, simple as that.

ReputationRep:
    Guys he's messing about, it's a joke and apparently a lot of people have fell for it.

I've seen this guy's other posts and he knows what he's doing.

ReputationRep:
    I recommend Rippetoes Starting strength.
    Not a bad program but dont expect to gain much more than newbie gains with this. It is not a bodybuilding program, its a strength program. Good to build a base, but if your goal is bodybuilding, best to do this for a few months then move on to more hypertrophy training once you're stronger.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A random human)
    Not a bad program but dont expect to gain much more than newbie gains with this. It is not a bodybuilding program, its a strength program. Good to build a base, but if your goal is bodybuilding, best to do this for a few months then move on to more hypertrophy training once you're stronger.
    Oh yeah well if this was true then why is it called STARTING​ strength, huh?

My trainer is reading over my shoulder and laughing at this post of yours. It is uneducated and does not be backed up by science. English is new to me don't hate it.

May my neg reach your panel.

~Larry

ReputationRep:
    k brah

ReputationRep:
    Good point. I recommended it to him as I thought he was a beginner. The book does well to inform the reader about good form which is very important if you're just starting out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AreebWithaHat)
    Guys he's messing about, it's a joke and apparently a lot of people have fell for it.

I've seen this guy's other posts and he knows what he's doing.
    Trolls gon troll

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sloaney Pony)
    Trolls gon troll
    The ****test ones always make the biggest impact somehow :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Good point. I recommended it to him as I thought he was a beginner. The book does well to inform the reader about good form which is very important if you're just starting out.
    This. Seen too many people at my gym who do C-shape spine dead lifts.

I remember a trainer was teaching a new guy how to dead lift. The trainer was pretty huge so he got the respect, and pulled a good amount of weight, but nothing impressive. I then watched the beginner dead lift, and before he even touched the bar, as he was bending down his spine bent more than i thought was possible, and then went on to dead lift. I go up to the trainer and say, isnt it a little dangerous allowing him to deadlift when his back is rounding so much. His answer?

"He's wearing a belt"

ReputationRep:
    Bahhhhh, successful troll is successful!

ReputationRep:
    This. Seen too many people at my gym who do C-shape spine dead lifts.

I remember a trainer was teaching a new guy how to dead lift. The trainer was pretty huge so he got the respect, and pulled a good amount of weight, but nothing impressive. I then watched the beginner dead lift, and before he even touched the bar, as he was bending down his spine bent more than i thought was possible, and then went on to dead lift. I go up to the trainer and say, isnt it a little dangerous allowing him to deadlift when his back is rounding so much. His answer?

"He's wearing a belt"
    It's a shame when trainers do that. Give bad advice on diet and form and training in general. Their clients don't see progress or get injured and stop training. People are under the assumption because a person is relatively big their advice is gospel. Which is a reasonable assumption to make but not always true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nvmthename)
    The ****test ones always make the biggest impact somehow :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ... logic not even once.

A good troll makes a good/big impact.
    A bad troll makes no impact.

That's the point of trolling. It's the art of trolling.

Get out of my sight. Negged.

ReputationRep:
    Miscers gon misc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SPB)
    ... logic not even once.

Out of your sight?
    But youre the one looking at the screen :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SPB)
    ... logic not even once.

pretty good trolling tbf

8/10

ReputationRep:
    What has that got to do with the comment you quoted?
    he was famous for his two-a-day training split

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.