Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why is size 8 deemed the perfect size for a woman? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SillyMilly)
    Im just wondering what the obsession is with being a size 8. Ive seen a lot on here boys saying they wont date woman above a size 8 and girls saying their ideal size is an 8.
    I can't speak for other guys, but I personally have no clue how this sizing system works or what it means - I wouldn't get too worked up about it. I don't think a lot of guys really care.

There are ways to define the "perfect" body to have, and perhaps if clothing size systems have a size that is near to that then it could be a way to measure it, but I don't think people actually give much consideration to the clothing size itself.

ReputationRep:
    Anything healthy can be attractive. Less than 6 or more than like 16 isn't for me.

ReputationRep:
    Guys also like girls with curves. So a size eight? Anyway, I'm really tall at like 5'9 and I'm a eight/ten because I pretty have no figure except an ass right now. And I want to be curvier...

ReputationRep:
    I'm size 8 and still fat, have a small waist but depends on the shop,
    size 6 is the unrealistic size in my opinion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nothepreacher)
    size 8 personally makes me look really youthful and desirable on top of my facial beauty. It is not skinny for girls under 5'6. I don't why if they have the opportunity to lose weight and look attractive justify their overweight-ness and call them 'curves' which I think make a woman look scary and intimidating.
    So yeah eat fish and veggies and do some yoga and running, and I am sure you would LOVE this size 8 that you don't think is perfect at the moment.
    Curves and fat are tottally different things though. A person can be curvy without being fat and trust me on this a person CAN be fat without being curvy. I dont think that obese people justify there fat by calling it curves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToLiveInADream)
    Guys also like girls with curves. So a size eight? Anyway, I'm really tall at like 5'9 and I'm a eight/ten because I pretty have no figure except an ass right now. And I want to be curvier...
    You can be a size 8 with curves. I'm a size 8/10, and an 8 is pretty big on my waist, and I have a very hourglass figure.

Anyway OP I really don't know what you're on about. I've never heard of this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FutureHeartSurg)
    Whilst I agree that "girls say this crap", a lot of guys DO know what a size 8 looks like. Personally, as long as the girl is fit ( as in " in shape",) and healthy then I have no objections towards her size.
    Notice how I used the word majority.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SannaS)
    I'm size 8 and still fat, have a small waist but depends on the shop,
    size 6 is the unrealistic size in my opinion
    I'm pretty sure this isn't a thing.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1376950952.974755.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  54.0 KB I'm 5ft8, a size 8 on top and 10 round my bum just for size reference, and I'm happy with that

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tanya1901)
    I think those boys who check a girl's clothing label is a huge jerk. Not all size 8's even look the same so how can they tell? I'm short so I look bigger than I am.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I reckon it depends why they're looking, sometimes my other half buys me clothes so he needs to know! But in the suggested context, it just seems very shallow to do such a thing. I'm 5'6" and about 66kgs but it's a lot of muscle, so I'm about a ten or twelve, and I'm happy. People can't accurately guess size and weight from just looking, and attractiveness shouldn't be about that.

My mum's a size eight but she's quite tall and therefore pretty thin, I think she looks a bit malnourished to be very honest.

ReputationRep:
    Ive always been naturally slim and tall, and due to some unintentional weight loss Im now a size 6...however I don look skeletal or anything, Im just a slim build! I have never been over a size 8, but sometimes I would love to be mre size 8/10 and get some mroe curves and womanlyness going on :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by victoriahowells)
    I reckon it depends why they're looking, sometimes my other half buys me clothes so he needs to know! But in the suggested context, it just seems very shallow to do such a thing. I'm 5'6" and about 66kgs but it's a lot of muscle, so I'm about a ten or twelve, and I'm happy. People can't accurately guess size and weight from just looking, and attractiveness shouldn't be about that.

My mum's a size eight but she's quite tall and therefore pretty thin, I think she looks a bit malnourished to be very honest.

Yes exactly, I'm barely 5'1, a size 8 on top and a size 10 on the bottom but I probably look pudgy since the weight has been condensed by my height. It's fine if he intends on buying you clothes to prevent the awkwardness of buying too small or too big 😀

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 20, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.