Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .snowflake.)
    yup. Spent more time in the Edge than in the ridge, not going to lie. Tends to happen when 80% of your tutorial group live in Endcliffe, and you have no idea where Crewe happens to be.
    Heh, I hope it really isn't as bad as others are making it out to be now. It doesn't seem far from Endcliffe on the map, I only saw Endcliffe on the open day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluemint)
    Heh, I hope it really isn't as bad as others are making it out to be now. It doesn't seem far from Endcliffe on the map, I only saw Endcliffe on the open day.
    It's really not that bad. Everyones just pissed that they're endcliffe rejects. I'd personally be more annoyed if I'd asked for self-catered and got catered, or vice versa than asking for Endcliffe and getting Ranmoor.

ReputationRep:
    Im flat E6, I am a little gutted I wasn't give Endcliffe but glad to heaR the majority are in the same boat, im sure we can make it lively!

ReputationRep:
    Don't think I can see a Wimberry thread. So like others, I applied for Endcliffe (I think most people did) but ended up with Ranmoor. Not too bothered, it's close to the rest and it's what you make it.

I'm in flat F5. Anyone else out there?
    Not sure if you've found anyone else in the flat, but I'm in F5 as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandedtoes)
    Not sure if you've found anyone else in the flat, but I'm in F5 as well
    Yay, finally someone else! What room are you in?

ReputationRep:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1659...26894/?fref=ts there's a Facebook group for wimberry residents as of September 2013, might find the rest of your flat mates on there!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yay, finally someone else! What room are you in?
    I'm in room 2, how about you? At least we've found someone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OliviaTBH)
    me! wimberry F3, was initially gutted not to be in endcliffe though, but feel better knowing pretty much everyones in the same boat hahah!
    I'm F3 too :P what room number are you? I'm 4. Do you know how many rooms are in our flat?

ReputationRep:
    ahh finally found someone hahaha! don't feel so alone now, and i dunno how many are in our flat but I'm room 8 so we know there's at least 6 more :') what are you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    8 seems like a lot, but maybe that's a good thing Mechanical Engineering, you?? Did you ask for Endcliffe or did you want Ranmoor?

ReputationRep:
    8 is a lot but but some flats have like 11 people in them :O. & ahh that's cool, I'm doing psychology! And yeh I asked for endcliffe, but got ranmoor, wasn't too happy but now Im actually alright with it, you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    wow, 11 would definitely be too many. Nice Yeah same, I started off really disappointed but everyone seems to say it's fine and it's only like a couple of minutes walk anyway so hopefully it will work out fine

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, lets hope there's not 11 in ours, dunno if I'd be able to handle that loool, and yeh, I realise I could've been out in opal 2 or somewhere far off like that so I stopped complaining haha! I'm alright now that I've found at least one person I'm living with

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone. I lived in E6 last year. You might have seen me on the facebook page trying and failing to explain the numbering system

Stop worrying about Ranmoor not being as lively as Endcliffe - the Ridge is dead but the Edge is hardly a hive of activity. There are usually more people there but that's because the catered accommodation is in Endcliffe and they can spend their allowance at the Edge. You probably won't spend much time at either. If you want to have a wild freshers, you'll find plenty of like-minded people. My flat ended up gaining a bit of a reputation for being the "party flat" and as such, I had far better nights sleep at my boyfriend's flat, which was really central in Endcliffe. You'll forget about it after the first day, I promise!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luke_clover)
    wow, 11 would definitely be too many. Nice Yeah same, I started off really disappointed but everyone seems to say it's fine and it's only like a couple of minutes walk anyway so hopefully it will work out fine

(Original post by OliviaTBH)
    8 is a lot but but some flats have like 11 people in them :O. & ahh that's cool, I'm doing psychology! And yeh I asked for endcliffe, but got ranmoor, wasn't too happy but now Im actually alright with it, you? Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sorry guys, but you are in an 11 person flat as far as I know. It's not bad at all, you get a huge kitchen with three fridge/freezers two sinks, two ovens etc and plenty of cupboard space. It's brilliant because if you don't like someone that you live with you're not forced to spend time with them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandedtoes)
    I'm in room 2, how about you? At least we've found someone
    Have you joined the Wimberry facebook group? I've asked to join but not been accepted yet I'm room 6 btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juliewho)
    Sorry guys, but you are in an 11 person flat as far as I know. It's not bad at all, you get a huge kitchen with three fridge/freezers two sinks, two ovens etc and plenty of cupboard space. It's brilliant because if you don't like someone that you live with you're not forced to spend time with them.
    Hopefully we'll like eachother but yeah that does sound really good.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'm so pleased I'm going to know at least someone

Well I guess we'll have to get used to 11 then. At least it sounds like we'll have enough space

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hahah ohhh! I had a feeling ours would be 11 people, but the way you've explained it doesn't make it sound too bad, I had a friend that's just finished first year at Sheffield and she commented on how good the kitchen sizes were, so I'm feeling like it should be good! slightly more encouraged thanks guys

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    just found this thread via Google, I'm room 9.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.