Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you think I'm okay looking? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    PM me op, promise to be completely honest.

ReputationRep:
    PM me if you wish to

ReputationRep:
    Pm

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteveBlade)
    Basically, my sister is always calling me ugly. It's kind of lost meaning as she says it so much but my self esteem has taken a hit over it, and I think it's affected how confident I am around other people, and especially girls.

A few people have called me good looking, but mostly my family so that doesn't really prove much to me lol. I've only had two girlfriends and I'm 19. I've always been pretty introvert, and I've only recently tried to change that, I've always put down my lack of success with girls as to me simply not putting myself out there.

I'm 6 ft 3 and have a slim/athletic, but I'd just like to know your thoughts on my face. Also, my hair has to be long ish as I have huge ears Lol.

PM me if you'd be cool with letting me know your feelings and I'll send you a couple of pics, I'd appreciate your thoughts, either way.
    PM me

ReputationRep:
    Pm me (:
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Basically, my sister is always calling me ugly. It's kind of lost meaning as she says it so much but my self esteem has taken a hit over it, and I think it's affected how confident I am around other people, and especially girls.

A few people have called me good looking, but mostly my family so that doesn't really prove much to me lol. I've only had two girlfriends and I'm 19. I've always been pretty introvert, and I've only recently tried to change that, I've always put down my lack of success with girls as to me simply not putting myself out there.

I'm 6 ft 3 and have a slim/athletic, but I'd just like to know your thoughts on my face. Also, my hair has to be long ish as I have huge ears Lol.

PM me if you'd be cool with letting me know your feelings and I'll send you a couple of pics, I'd appreciate your thoughts, either way.
    Im 19 and never had a girlfriend - think how I feel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack22031994)
    Im 19 and never had a girlfriend - think how I feel
    Well, one was just a girl who liked to play me, and enjoyed me being her doormat and the other was a girl I went out with a couple of times before ending it with her, because I couldn't get two words from her.

So yeah, neither were any good. I've never had a "proper" relationship.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Well, one was just a girl who liked to play me, and enjoyed me being her doormat and the other was a girl I went out with a couple of times before ending it with her, because I couldn't get two words from her.

So yeah, neither were any good. I've never had a "proper" relationship.
    oh ok - fair enough

ReputationRep:
    PM for that answer

ReputationRep:
    If you PM me today I'm happy to give you an honest opinion, though I'm sure anyway you have nothing to worry about.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PM me, I'll be brutally honest. Going by the comments so far though, you seem fine.

ReputationRep:
    A few people have said that a full body pic is needed to get a proper idea. I've got a couple, one was really awkward and I had to stand on the bed lol. Can hardly see my face in either but you've already seen that I guess. :P Also the cam on my phone is bad. :/

http://tinypic.com/r/huk21l/5

http://tinypic.com/r/10csv81/5

Only started lifting a month ago lol, so far the results aren't too visible.

ReputationRep:
    PM me if you want

ReputationRep:
    pm

ReputationRep:
    PM me if you want

ReputationRep:
    Steve, I honestly worry about what these reactions will do to the way you think about yourself. Most of the time we get by day today without caring two figs what randomers think about us. If anyone genuinely cares for you, then it's their opinion that matters. Although I think there are some criteria which we might apply when judging the attractiveness of a face, beyond a facile evaluation I can't see what it would really achieve.

In short, there are many handsome men out there, but their classical proportions are the only thing going for them. Women are often far more forgiving about physical discrepancies than men are, so I shouldn't worry too much.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 17, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.