Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Boyfriend lied to me Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyrion_Lannister)
    He didn't lie. He just didn't mention it
    Exactly. It probably didn't even cross his mind or he didn't think its that much of a big deal to mention it...

ReputationRep:
    He didn't lie. He just didn't mention it
    He said he was going to buy presents for his parents but he was meeting a girl? I don't know how your relationship works but if you seem to be fine with this kind of stuff then I don't see it being a strong relationship tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blob :))
    Exactly. It probably didn't even cross his mind or he didn't think its that much of a big deal to mention it...
    This is what I mean. It's just not a big deal. I think OP is worrying about something small.

(Original post by Blob :))
    I disagree. I'm a boy and did a similar thing while cheating on my girlfriend last year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doctordee)
    He said he was going to buy presents for his parents but he was meeting a girl? I don't know how your relationship works but if you seem to be fine with this kind of stuff then I don't see it being a strong relationship tbh.
    He was meeting a female friend, probably was buying presents and going with her or meeting her afterwards. I don't see the problem. He went shopping and met a friend there.

I have a very strong relationship, because I'm not paranoid about my boyfriend meeting girls. If he wanted to be with someone else, he would.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doctordee)

There could be many reasons for this. He could have lied on purpose because he may be buying her a gift and is taking that girls opinion.

He probably is buying his parents gift with her help.

He could be meeting her after he finishes buying presents for his parents and didn't think it would be important to mention it.

I don't know about the OP, but he also could be scared of telling her thinking she might over react or get the wrong idea. Doesn't necessarily mean he's cheating. But obviously if its worrying her she can talk to him about it.

ReputationRep:
    To the OP: Him not mentioning her doesn't mean he lied. He just didn't add that particular detail - this is fairly common for guys to avoid mentioning female friends if we ever feel we have paranoid/worried girlfriends e.g. like this thread. Its nothing to be concerned about especially as you were next to him when he was organising it. Unless a total moron a guy wouldn't organise anything bad with his girlfriend next to him and able to see...

I guess I wouldn't think anything of it, to me it seems very innocent. I wouldn't necessarily think to mention it. Not because I'm hiding it, just wouldn't cross my mind
    He normally tells me what he's up to (without me even asking) which is why it's odd that he didn't mention it even when asked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    He normally tells me what he's up to (without me even asking) which is why it's odd that he didn't mention it even when asked.
    Maybe he wants to buy something for you? Sometimes people ask for female opinions. I don't think you've got any reason to worry

Sorry if my first post came off as harsh, I'm a sarcastic prick but I'm lovely really

(Original post by Trix465)
    To the OP: Him not mentioning her doesn't mean he lied. He just didn't add that particular detail - this is fairly common for guys to avoid mentioning female friends if we ever feel we have paranoid/worried girlfriends e.g. like this thread. Its nothing to be concerned about especially as you were next to him when he was organising it. Unless a total moron a guy wouldn't organise anything bad with his girlfriend next to him and able to see...
    Thank you, this is reassuring and puts my mind to rest a bit

Maybe he wants to buy something for you? Sometimes people ask for female opinions. I don't think you've got any reason to worry

Sorry if my first post came off as harsh, I'm a sarcastic prick but I'm lovely really
    No worries, I know It's probably nothing but quite unusual so just wanted to see if people thought I should be worried. It's nice to know you think it's nothing to worry about

ReputationRep:
    What's the big deal? I have male friends, my boyfriend has female friends, no one throws ***** fits about it because we're not 15.
    Maybe Ms Anonymous IS 15, now even if that isn't the case, isn't your reply a tad bit insensitive??:mad: Because there are a lot of people who ARE sensitive and you aren't actually helping out this poor girl...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slycolt)
    Maybe Ms Anonymous IS 15, now even if that isn't the case, isn't your reply a tad bit insensitive??:mad: Because there are a lot of people who ARE sensitive and you aren't actually helping out this poor girl...
    Wow, calm down. I'm a sarcastic mouthy prick, I don't mean anything by it. If you look at my further replies, you can see I actually told anon I don't think she has anything to worry about. I don't take myself very seriously, for your own sake you shouln't take me seriously

ReputationRep:
    Wow, calm down. I'm a sarcastic mouthy prick, I don't mean anything by it. If you look at my further replies, you can see I actually told anon I don't think she has anything to worry about. I don't take myself very seriously, for your own sake you shouln't take me seriously
    My bad...sorry, but what exactly is a boobologist??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slycolt)
    My bad...sorry, but what exactly is a boobologist??
    Bra sizer and general boob knowledge I know all about dem boobies!

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Bra sizer and general boob knowledge I know all about dem boobies!
    In that case can you tell me what's the mystery behind guys' fascination with them boobies??

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 19, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.