Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzie97)
    Could you apply for ophthalmic dispensing at city through adjustment/clearing? will there be spaces or is it very limited?
    I think there will definitley be places as it is not a sought after course! Usually 90% of the people who apply for it are looking for another way into optom. (I got an offer from them in a day when i applied which shows you how desperate(i guess) they are for students)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princessBG)
    I think there will definitley be places as it is not a sought after course! Usually 90% of the people who apply for it are looking for another way into optom. (I got an offer from them in a day when i applied which shows you how desperate(i guess) they are for students)
    Yhh the student ratings are rather low tho... I suggest you have a look.

What percentage did u got in first year n how hard was it

Hi wat %did u get in your first year n how hard was ir as i got an offer to do this course this year .

hi wat % did u get and how is it to score 65 - 75 % in first year .

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by kaykays)
          Hey , I've just completed a year of Ophthalmic Dispensing, so maybe my advice could be of some use to you. Before I had started the course I thought that by completing and passing the two years would lead me straight into Optometry. But that is not the case, instead you would need to complete the two years and gain a minimum of 75% overall, and then reapply via UCAS to study Optometry and hope to get into the second year, if there are enough spaces available (hence if quite a few students dropped out the first year, there would be places available for OD students to join). However, there are only around 12 spaces reserved for OD students to join the second year. So if your application is not successful in that case, you may be offered a place in the first year of Optometry instead. Although it is a competitive field and only a certain number of spaces are reserved on the BSc in Optometry for OD students, its very much possible. All you need to ensure is that you work hard from the very beginning and get the best possible grades to secure a place on the Optometry degree. Hope this was helpful, if you'd like to know anything else about the course etc, feel free to message me.

hi I just got into city to do Opthalmic Dispensing.
          would you be able to tell me a bit about the course content and what your schedule was like for first year?

also the plan is to get in to second year optomotry. Do u know if this is difficult?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
        Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
      • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
        Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.