Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Muslims in London commit shocking acts of Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roger1)
    Because the media are always trying to show the Muslims and Islam in a bad light. They are biased against Islam. They write about the bad things, but good things such as this go unnoticed.
    lol wrong on all counts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EnzoC)
    lol wrong on all counts.
    How so?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GPODT)
    Those other religious communities are not under constant attack by people on this site. Even if Muslims do acts of good they are accused of lying and deception (see post number 2)
    It is questioned, not attacked. Only someone very insecure deems someone questioning something to be 'attacking' it

And Islam is questioned more frequently than Catholicism and the like because it is more other, and certainly more obviously decisive in modern society. If this were the 80's/90's then these questions would be directed more toward conservative Catholicism.

ReputationRep:
    There is no Charity in Islam

If you HAVE to do it it is not Charity

If you are worried you will go to hell if you don't do the charity then it's not Charity

ReputationRep:
    The only reason most of these religious groups give to charity is because they want to convert people. Most donate money to religious charities. Here starving 3rd world child read the bible/koran and you get a bag of rice.

ReputationRep:
    Their actions aren't any more representative than the violent ones.

ReputationRep:
    The fact that there is this song and dance because some Muslims actually did a good deed is rather telling.

Convert, convert, convert.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HashimKF)
    Why not? A baby is born and the whole country knows. People feed the homeless and it's not in a single paper.

Sure it is silly, but there are other groups that do kind things too.

When was the last time you saw the headline "Group of white working class youths help elderly"?

ReputationRep:
    Good for them. It just shows that Islam is a force for good. The only problem comes when people use religion as a control mechanism to push a political agenda, also know as fundamentalism. That could be Muslim, Christian, Jewish, Hindu, Sikh, Buddhist or agnostic. I generally as a rule try and avoid anybody who uses 'is' when describing themselves. They're normally bat **** crazy.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, Hackney is an awesome place. Very multicultural (and by that I don't just mean people who aren't white - there are literally a ridiculous amount of cultures there) and they get on amazingly well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Falcatas)
    Sure it is silly, but there are other groups that do kind things too.

When was the last time you saw the headline "Group of white working class youths help elderly"?
    I don't get what you're getting at as I wouldn't have a problem with that being in the news. The problem is, if a white Christian murdered 10 people it's pretty likely that the fact that he's Christian wont make it into the story. The same can't be said when Muslims are involved.

Anyway my initial point was that charity is more news worthy than a baby being born.

ReputationRep:
    nice job keep it up.

I have one question, what help are they getting for their alcohol addiction.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baraf)
    nice job keep it up.

I have one question, what help are they getting for their alcohol addiction.
    Elaborate please.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't get what you're getting at as I wouldn't have a problem with that being in the news. The problem is, if a white Christian murdered 10 people it's pretty likely that the fact that he's Christian wont make it into the story. The same can't be said when Muslims are involved.

Anyway my initial point was that charity is more news worthy than a baby being born.
    For the most part, the worst things certain Christians do in this day and age is condemn gays to hell. Hopefully soon this will be the same for those certain Muslims.

ReputationRep:

There are a few reasons for this.

First of all, any Christian that commits such acts rarely do so because they are Christian, when they do it certainly is mentioned. Look at Anders Breivik for example. Secondly, Muslims are a minority in the UK. The majority of people in the UK are nominally Christian so that is the assumption until something is otherwise stated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steevee)
    It is questioned, not attacked. Only someone very insecure deems someone questioning something to be 'attacking' it

And Islam is questioned more frequently than Catholicism and the like because it is more other, and certainly more obviously decisive in modern society. If this were the 80's/90's then these questions would be directed more toward conservative Catholicism.
    Yeah right. There are countless examples on this forum alone where people attack Islam/Muslim community, not so long ago there was a post calling for mass-murder of Muslims and it had several more likes than dislikes.

ReputationRep:
    Some non-Muslims always ask ''where are the peaceful/decent/law-abiding Muslims'' but when these Muslims do appear they are attacked

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.