Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you be okay if your boyfriend or girlfriend had a lot of guy/girls friends? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't mind. It depends on how he acts..
    If he was a naturally flirty person I'd be worried even if he wasn't cheating. I can be pretty jealous.
    But if there was no flirting at all I wouldn't care

Most of my friends are boys and as far as I know it's never been an issue in any relationship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Studentus-anonymous)
    OP, if it's too much for you just make a clean break. He is allowed to have friends but you don't have to put up with being his partner if realistically it adds too much stress/sucks the fun out of the relationship. Everyone is different after all and you can't be blamed for not being entirely comfortable with it, even if he is legit, because too many guys and girls aren't and you can't know yourself for sure who is and who isn't.

Best of luck.
    Definately work on things together. But above advice is good.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oxford2013)
    No offence, but you come across as a right tit in this post. I suggest you grow up.

EDIT: Just looked at this guys posting history. Tit status confirmed.
    No offence, but forgive me if I don't give a **** :borat: I suggest you direct your inspired witticisms at someone who does big man

EDIT: Just looked at this guy's post history. Gobby newmanz status confirmed

Spoiler:
    Show
    For the record, the 'boys' in question were inexperienced 17/18 year old manlets, whereas I was an experienced/relatively imposing 24/25 year old sportsman

ReputationRep:
    Why would it make a difference?

If they having friends of the opposite sex troubles you then you clearly do not trust them nearly enough to be in a relationship with them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    No offence, but forgive me if I don't give a **** :borat: I suggest you direct your inspired witticisms at someone who does big man

EDIT: Just looked at this guy's post history. Gobby newmanz status confirmed

Spoiler:
    Show
    For the record, the 'boys' in question were inexperienced 17/18 year old manlets, whereas I was an experienced/relatively imposing 24/25 year old sportsman
    Manlets? experienced/relatively imposing? lol, are you for real?

Now I get it. You're trolling. *sigh* I should have realized sooner.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silverbolt)
    i dont have a real issue and even if i did there is no way id have as little respect for my partner as to say "i dont like you having male friends"

My gf has an issue with one friend of mine, shes very attractive and we are quite huggy for the camera posing and making faces etc etc. But she knows id never do anything against her
    It's good that you don't have an issue, but if you did and brought it up, I don't think that'd mean you don't respect her! I mean, I'd certainly rather a partner voiced their concerns so I could reassure them, and if I was upset it would be that he didn't trust me, not that he didn't respect me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by supernature)
    I am dealing with my boyfriend having A LOT of female friends and it is starting to get to me know

Would you guys care or would it not bother you? Be honest

WHo gives a damn? as long as he comes home to you every night and gives you a good shag each time you 2 are in bed... Whats the difference if he has loads of female friends..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oxford2013)
    Manlets? experienced/relatively imposing? lol, are you for real?
    Yup, as in:

'Manlet' teenage boys, halfway between boyhood and manhood (not fully physically developed/don't carry themselves like men) vs. relatively imposing more developed/stronger/more manly/adult older bloke

Inexperienced as in most of them had most likely only hooked up a handful of young girls, and didn't have much of an idea how to handle women/appeal to a girl like my ex (without getting friendzoned) vs. more experienced than the above with women/more sure of myself around them etc

Capeesh?

ReputationRep:
    I like my girlfriend to have a few close guy friends, preferably gay - I joke I joke....but if she just surrounds herself with guys all the time then that will make me a bit anxious

ReputationRep:
    My bf has got lots of female friends but a) they're really unattractive and b) I've got lots of male friends too. No need to be worried.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't have an issue as long as it was completely platonic , if she was flirting with him/being clingy I supposed id be a bit annoyed but I wouldn't be angry about it. Aslong as your boyfriend puts your first then there should be no issue. One of my best friends is a boy and im living with him my boyfriend gets on well with him and there has never been a jealousy issue

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.