Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Bored in the middle of the desert Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HashimKF)
    I'd learn to meditate. Seems like the perfect opportunity
    Oooops, forgot to mention - they use explosives on site which are really noisy and produce what seem like mini earthquakes. Imagine yourself in a tranquil state - **BOOOOM**

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bestofyou)
    Through the alter ego justifications...
    Is that a song?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick5757)
    Is that a song?
    The Seven Mile Journey

ReputationRep:
    Oooops, forgot to mention - they use explosives on site which are really noisy and produce what seem like mini earthquakes. Imagine yourself in a tranquil state - **BOOOOM**
    On that basis alone I would hope to never find myself in that situation. I find it hard to sleep in london as it is :P

ReputationRep:
    THtTHIS IS IN NO WAY MY CURRENT PREDICAMENT cough**cough**.
    Imagine you were at a phosphate mine in the middle of thedesert. You have been shadowing a mining engineer on the duties he (THEYARE AN ENGINEER) has to do. After 2 weeks, the shadowing ends and you have 1week remaining in your accommodation to waste.
    The accommodation has:
    · Laptop with internet but social networking isunavailable
    · TV with 890 Arabic TV channels AND 10 footballchannels showing every single Barclays Premier League Football Match possible(all 380)
    · Mobile phone but cannot text friends becausecharges are so expensive
    · Bedroom with all your A Level textbooks that youcould read to ‘brush up’ on your subjects between going back to school
    · Food
    There is NOTHING outside to do – nobody your age to hangaround with, nobody who speaks fluent English, no swimming pool, no beach(although there is sand), no cinema, no bicycles, the list goes on.
    My question is, WHAT WOULD YOU DOTO PASS THAT WEEK? Of course this is all hypothetical.
    Stream youtube or TV shows or movies...

ReputationRep:
    THtTHIS IS IN NO WAY MY CURRENT PREDICAMENT cough**cough**.
    Imagine you were at a phosphate mine in the middle of thedesert. You have been shadowing a mining engineer on the duties he (THEYARE AN ENGINEER) has to do. After 2 weeks, the shadowing ends and you have 1week remaining in your accommodation to waste.
    The accommodation has:
    · Laptop with internet but social networking isunavailable
    · TV with 890 Arabic TV channels AND 10 footballchannels showing every single Barclays Premier League Football Match possible(all 380)
    · Mobile phone but cannot text friends becausecharges are so expensive
    · Bedroom with all your A Level textbooks that youcould read to ‘brush up’ on your subjects between going back to school
    · Food
    There is NOTHING outside to do – nobody your age to hangaround with, nobody who speaks fluent English, no swimming pool, no beach(although there is sand), no cinema, no bicycles, the list goes on.
    My question is, WHAT WOULD YOU DOTO PASS THAT WEEK? Of course this is all hypothetical.
    Go on onemorelevel.com

You're welcome

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.