ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peaaceandl0ve)
    Enjoy your gap year, lucky you; ensure you spend your time well. Getting any appropriate work experience/voluntary work to aid your uni application would always be useful, unless your going via deferred entry, in which case it would still be a rewarding thing to do with your time Which A-levels did you take?
    Hey hey!

Thanks, I really feel like it will be a life-changing year for me, it's great having freedom to do things that I wouldn't normally have been able to! Yes, I have already done some hardcore planning, I know how useful voluntary work and experience is for an application, and I personally think it's a great way to spend spare time anyway

Nope, not deferred entry. And I took Biology, Chemistry and Religious Studies.

Where are you at in life? University?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EvasiveRose)
    Stop. I can't take any more of this torture... :cry:
    In a weird way, I'm being deadly serious . You'll be stretched and challenged, but it's rewarding when you achieve your goals in the end.

Or perhaps I'm just a sadist :rolleyes:

What A-Levels are you planning on doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elcie)
    Ah good subject choice, particularly think it's cool when people study languages.. if only I was gifted in that way! GCSE French was a struggle for me!
    I love languages!

Don't worry! For me, gcse french was really hard aswell.
    In fact, I'm sure we all find languages a struggle at times.
    After all, hard subjects are never easy!
    You can always start learning a language from scratch.
    I am currently learning Italian in my free time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elcie)
    In a weird way, I'm being deadly serious . You'll be stretched and challenged, but it's rewarding when you achieve your goals in the end.

Or perhaps I'm just a sadist :rolleyes:

What A-Levels are you planning on doing?
    I'd go for the sadist option :hide:
    My A-Level choices currently are English Lit, History, Chemistry, Maths and maybe Biology
    And I agree. If I get the grades I want at the end, I think it will be rewarding. After which university begins...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infinity_4652)
    I love languages!

Don't worry! For me, gcse french was really hard aswell.
    In fact, I'm sure we all find languages a struggle at times.
    After all, hard subjects are never easy!
    You can always start learning a language from scratch.
    I am currently learning Italian in my free time!
    This is true! I may have to give it a go! Spanish maybe

What resources do you use to learn Italian in your free time?

ReputationRep:
    I'd go for the sadist option :hide:
    My A-Level choices currently are English Lit, History, Chemistry, Maths and maybe Biology
    And I agree. If I get the grades I want at the end, I think it will be rewarding. After which university begins...
    Haha

I loved Biology and Chemsitry! And university should be the best time of your life!

Well, that's what I'm hoping for anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elcie)
    This is true! I may have to give it a go! Spanish maybe

What resources do you use to learn Italian in your free time?
    doulingo.com

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elcie)
    Haha

I loved Biology and Chemsitry! And university should be the best time of your life!

Well, that's what I'm hoping for anyway
    I'm sure you'll be fine at university, with you being a sadist and all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infinity_4652)
    doulingo.com
    thanks, I'll check it out!

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you'll be fine at university, with you being a sadist and all
    Haha . Seriously though, it'll be fun!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elcie)
    Hey! I did, was pleased with my results . Nice to have some positive reponses for a gap year, a lot of people seem to pity the fact that I won't be heading off to uni, but I'm realising how amazing it is to have the opportunity to do anything I want for a year!

I'd love to travel to Tanzania, so I'm busy earning money and plan to fundraise too.

I'm sure TSR will be of help to me too, it'll be good to get some ideas of how to best use my gap year!

What stage of of life are you at then? :rolleyes:
    ahh goodd! yeah i would love to do it but im even more excited to get to uni and work may way towards my dream job!

i start uni in September doing sport and exercise science and i cant wait. known since i was 11 that i wanted to work in sport so i cant wait!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered welcome lounge threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.