Turn on thread page Beta

Tattooed/pierced rock dudes - any appeal? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spiral87)
    I'm a rocker. I like black. I have a dark sense of humour. I'm pierced and (mildly) tattooed. I have a bit of stubble, sometimes grown out into a beard. I dye my hair and I wear eyeliner. I wear dark skinny jeans and vests and band tees. I have (kinda) long hair. I'm confident about how I look, I don't care for people's judgements as I'm happy in my own skin. I look after myself and stay away from anything that causes me pain, so I'll never hang around people who get me down. Some may perceive as selfishness, but when something is important to me I put in a lot of effort and can be extremely thoughtful. I regularly finding myself saying "I hate people", but I'm not unfriendly to anyone. Although I tend to say hello and pet every animal I see while staring at their owners like they wouldn't understand me. I definitely don't like children.

I play guitar pretty badly, but I'm not bad at the piano. I'm highly intelligent and spent every year in school in the top classes getting top grades, having never been in detention. I'm a freelance I.T. engineer, working for my own company. I travel a lot, with my ideal holidays being of the adventurous variety exploring ancient ruins like in Rome, or Egypt, rather than say drunken clubbing holidays in Ibiza. My hobbies/interests include going to rock gigs and making new friends, spending time with local buddies eating pizza or Chinese and watching anime or classic movies like Ghostbusters or Nightmare Before Christmas, photography, the oddities of Victorian-era history (and history in general), comedy, plus everything I've mentioned already that sounds...hobbyish

Is there anyone out there like me? Do any ladies find this sort of person appealing?
    Of course some women will find you appealing. I don't mean to offend, but it seems like you're trying a little too hard to fit into the 'rocker guy' category. The eyeliner thing in particular is a turn off. Dayum, I rarely ever wear eyeliner and it's horrendous to put on/remove, I don't see why a guy would want to wear it Also the child thing, of course each to their own but I and many of my girlfriends would prefer their partner to like children/want children in the future. But many women don't! So that's just a personal thing.

Anyways, personality wise you sound like a nice guy. You seem fairly caring/easygoing/up for a laugh which is great, so I hope you find someone soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sneha.vag)
    Wow. It all sounds wonderful. I would really like to visit the Vatican City. Thank you for the lengthy account, I appreciate it

If you don't mind my asking, have you visited any other places in Italy?
    No probs! It's a really cool place, go see it sometime We even had an audience with the Pope, haha.

I went to Naples as well, and it's an absolute dump. Milan was another pretty place. Not a huge amount to do there though, I was only there for a metal festival I'd like to go to Venice one day and Sicily Mostly to see the Palermo catacombs.

ReputationRep:
    Umm...

I'm guessing the 87 in your age means your 25/26, yet what i read sounds like angsty 16.

I mean, really? You think 'I hate these people'? Why? Why hate? Do you look down at these people? Are you not able to acknowledge there are people that are dicks and just carry on in your life?

When you stare at people thinking they wouldn't understand you, do you really think you're that unique? When I had a mental health issue, it surprised me how many people I knew had similar experiences. Now, I'm not saying you're mental, more that if you open up to people before making judgement as to whether they'd 'understand' you, you might be surprised.

Your hobbies sound good though, as does your confidence in your image, your business and your love of travel. There are plenty of people out there with similar likes!

Overall, it sounds like it's your attitude towards others that keeps you single. Try talking to someone you wouldn't normally talk to - expand your life and the rright girl will come along.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mxliss)
    Although I'm not into the same style as you, I know many girls that are.

Your hobbies sound appealing.
    I like pizza(:yy:) and chinese food, the movies, and exploring cities as well, and I'm sure there are many other girls out there that feel the same.
    You'll find someone OP, you seem like a nice person
    Thanks Who doesn't like pizza? :ahee: And a pizza is no pizza without pineapple :|

(Original post by eliza.anne)
    Of course some women will find you appealing. I don't mean to offend, but it seems like you're trying a little too hard to fit into the 'rocker guy' category. The eyeliner thing in particular is a turn off. Dayum, I rarely ever wear eyeliner and it's horrendous to put on/remove, I don't see why a guy would want to wear it Also the child thing, of course each to their own but I and many of my girlfriends would prefer their partner to like children/want children in the future. But many women don't! So that's just a personal thing.

Anyways, personality wise you sound like a nice guy. You seem fairly caring/easygoing/up for a laugh which is great, so I hope you find someone soon.
    I don't TRY to fit into it, I just do what I find sexy. Pencil along the waterline is usually as far as it goes. I have very fair eyebrows/eyelashes, I'd look like an albino if it wasn't for my hair. Dark eye makeup on girls is really hot, but I don't like it when girls go overboard with makeup. I don't even like lipstick.

Thanks, I do see myself as those things

ReputationRep:
    Yep, when girls look for a boyfriend the first thing they ask is "Have you ever been in detention."

I think you may be autistic my friend.

ReputationRep:
    No probs! It's a really cool place, go see it sometime We even had an audience with the Pope, haha.

I went to Naples as well, and it's an absolute dump. Milan was another pretty place. Not a huge amount to do there though, I was only there for a metal festival I'd like to go to Venice one day and Sicily Mostly to see the Palermo catacombs.
    You did? That must have been interesting.

Oh yes, you are into rock music. Did I mention I am too? I would like to go to both Venice and Sicily. I would love to visit the Doge's Palace and St Mark's Basilica (I would like to see the Horses of Saint Mark.) This may sound ignorant but I do not know much about the catacombs of Palermo other than they house the world's most well-preserved mummy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sneha.vag)
    You did? That must have been interesting.

Oh yes, you are into rock music. Did I mention I am too? I would like to go to both Venice and Sicily. I would love to visit the Doge's Palace and St Mark's Basilica (I would like to see the Horses of Saint Mark.) This may sound ignorant but I do not know much about the catacombs of Palermo other than they house the world's most well-preserved mummy.
    Haha, it really wasn't. I never enjoyed sitting through church services when I was in the Cubs ¬_¬

Nope, who are you into? I haven't actually heard of those, where are they? Oh, the mummy of the little girl who died in the 1920s?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by desdemonata)
    Jacoby Shaddix :sexface:

For tattoos though, my favourite is the Rock :drool:

ReputationRep:
    Haha, it really wasn't. I never enjoyed sitting through church services when I was in the Cubs ¬_¬

Nope, who are you into? I haven't actually heard of those, where are they? Oh, the mummy of the little girl who died in the 1920s?
    Ah, I see.

Well, my taste varies. I love BFMV, ATL, Metallica, Slipknot, LP, Bring Me The Horizon and I could go on. Who are you into? They are in Venice. Yes, that mummy.

ReputationRep:
    Ah that's great! You're into all of those yourself?

The bit in red - most of my friends see eye to eye with me on this as well. If you work in retail for any period you can start to dislike 'people' It's more a reference to all the nasty stuff that goes on out there, violence, terrorism, cruelty to animals, general rudeness, people using public transport when they clearly haven't bathed for a month...

No, I don't make the mistake of appealing to 'women' as a group. It's like guys who say "Do women like men with beards?" Well, yeah, women who like men with beards like men with beards
    yes I am.

Ah okay,so it's more of a general misanthropy than anything else.
    I did housekeeping in a hotel over the summer and I can well understand the dislike of people that can develop due to nasty customers etc..coupled with the dark heart of humanity that beats throughout the world I now am coming to understand what you meant. Bit pseudo poetic there sorry,I've begun a habit of trying to take fairly average observations/sentences and making them sound more intricate (also can be read as pretentious sounding sadly aha)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TonksLupin)
    yes I am.

Ah okay,so it's more of a general misanthropy than anything else.
    I did housekeeping in a hotel over the summer and I can well understand the dislike of people that can develop due to nasty customers etc..coupled with the dark heart of humanity that beats throughout the world I now am coming to understand what you meant. Bit pseudo poetic there sorry,I've begun a habit of trying to take fairly average observations/sentences and making them sound more intricate (also can be read as pretentious sounding sadly aha)
    Yes, general misanthropy. I'm no longer surprised by negative human behaviour, perhaps I've become desensitised by it. A passion for the poetic is good though, I like it :cool: Especially when your inner monologue is taken over by the voice of Stephen Fry. I love that man.

ReputationRep:
    If your confident with yourself and how you look then why are you asking if there's any appeal?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, general misanthropy. I'm no longer surprised by negative human behaviour, perhaps I've become desensitised by it. A passion for the poetic is good though, I like it :cool: Especially when your inner monologue is taken over by the voice of Stephen Fry. I love that man.
    If Stephen Fry could somehow become the voice of my inner monologue that would be brilliant.Although perhaps at times a little disturbing.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Who doesn't like pizza? :ahee: And a pizza is no pizza without pineapple :|
    I know! It's the best and most convenient food to eat.
    I've never actually tried a pizza with pineapple on it.
    I heard it's a bit like marmite though. Some people love it whilst others hate it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mel1215)
    If your confident with yourself and how you look then why are you asking if there's any appeal?
    Mostly because I've been single my adult life, I spend weeks or months at a time getting to know girls, letting them get to know me, and then they go off with someone they've only just met, or an ex. So I really am wondering if it's something I'm doing wrong now.

ReputationRep:
    Jeeze, I hope I've grown up a bit more than this by the time I'm 25.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TonksLupin)
    If Stephen Fry could somehow become the voice of my inner monologue that would be brilliant.Although perhaps at times a little disturbing.

Why disturbing?! Your thoughts would all be so eloquent and elaborate!

(Original post by mxliss)
    I know! It's the best and most convenient food to eat.
    I've never actually tried a pizza with pineapple on it.
    I heard it's a bit like marmite though. Some people love it whilst others hate it.
    You must, it's amazing. I don't get why people say it's heresy to use pineapple as a topping, it adds sweetness and moisture to the pizza
    Oh god, I hate marmite! I love the smell of it though :|

ReputationRep:
    Mostly because I've been single my adult life, I spend weeks or months at a time getting to know girls, letting them get to know me, and then they go off with someone they've only just met, or an ex. So I really am wondering if it's something I'm doing wrong now.
    You just haven't met the right person yet, no point trying to change yourself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJKay)
    Jeeze, I hope I've grown up a bit more than this by the time I'm 25.
    Point scoring to the crowd isn't really a redeeming feature either.

ReputationRep:
    You must, it's amazing. I don't get why people say it's heresy to use pineapple as a topping, it adds sweetness and moisture to the pizza
    Oh god, I hate marmite! I love the smell of it though :|
    I'll definitely have to try it sometime.
    Bah, Marmite is not for me! Even the smell of it irks me a little.
    I remember I tried it as a kid and haven't touched it since. :lol:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 8, 2013
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.