Turn on thread page Beta

Why do we cry after breakups? watch

(Original post by Ayesha.Tabassam95)
    Okay.. Now I'm genuinely confused.. Lol umm I don't want to say a name cause youre anonymous..
    Pm me again?
    oops sorry, I was saying random stuff witha different Ayesha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Well, she still is a friend, so in that sense I haven't "lost" her. I guess I've "lost" a gf...
    Then again, did you know that ignoring her (or being less available now that a split has occurred) would actually result in a higher chance of getting her back?

I personally think that being friends after a break up is dodgy. It could be that you are desperate to hang on to her for as long as possible and she gets something from you.

Truthfully speaking, she might just need a kick up the arse here! Basically just go and live your life. Things haven't worked out with the girl but as much as it hurts don't get too hung up on her! Don't be her friend hoping that one day it will work out. Be her friend if you truly want to end a relationship and be a friend. But if you want her back, have a serious think about moving on and not pursuing a friendship (be nice but distant to her; don't be a **** to her in any way, just be really calm and cool on the outside!) . If you do that, then not only will you move on in your life, but she might even come running back to you and saddle your **** like some possessed girl

ReputationRep:
    Right OK
    I swear to god if its you.. I'm not even kidding don't you dare say you cried.. Don't you dare. You never cared for me. Ever.

(Original post by Stevo112)
    Then again, did you know that ignoring her (or being less available now that a split has occurred) would actually result in a higher chance of getting her back?

I personally think that being friends after a break up is dodgy. It could be that you are desperate to hang on to her for as long as possible and she gets something from you.

Truthfully speaking, she might just need a kick up the arse here! Basically just go and live your life. Things haven't worked out with the girl but as much as it hurts don't get too hung up on her! Don't be her friend hoping that one day it will work out. Be her friend if you truly want to end a relationship and be a friend. But if you want her back, have a serious think about moving on and not pursuing a friendship (be nice but distant to her; don't be a **** to her in any way, just be really calm and cool on the outside!) . If you do that, then not only will you move on in your life, but she might even come running back to you and saddle your **** like some possessed girl
    I really don't think that "ignoring her" would help in these circumstances. The circumstances really weren't your run of the mill relationship issues. It's a pretty deep and somewhat cultural issue.Your third paragraph, it had little to do with any of us two, but because of circumstance

I swear to god if its you.. I'm not even kidding don't you dare say you cried.. Don't you dare. You never cared for me. Ever.
    Woah. Im not the person that you're thinking of.

ReputationRep:
    I really don't think that "ignoring her" would help in these circumstances. The circumstances really weren't your run of the mill relationship issues. It's a pretty deep and somewhat cultural issue.Your third paragraph, it had little to do with any of us two, but because of circumstance

Woah. Im not the person that you're thinking of.
    Omg omg sorry.. Lol I'm really sorry I replied before I saw it was you..

ReputationRep:
    oops sorry, I was saying random stuff witha different Ayesha
    What the hell have you made this thread for you complete ****.. That's my friend these people are talking about.. Do you have ANY idea wth I've seen her go through.. Ffs

What the hell have you made this thread for you complete ****.. That's my friend these people are talking about.. Do you have ANY idea wth I've seen her go through.. Ffs
    Im sorry. I didn't even mean to make her unhappy at all. And she hasn't said every thing, but I know parts as well. I mean I stll want her to be happy, and at the same time I feel guilty as well

I mean I made it anon on purpose

ReputationRep:
    I mean I made it anon on purpose
    People are slaughtering her.. And that's all you can come up with!!!!
    Look she's happy.. I Promise you she's moved on..and you need to as well..
    Now delete this thread you flipping idiot!!

(Original post by Stevo112)

BTW, please please don't say stuff like that, because none of this was her fault. Maybe "ours" but not hers

ReputationRep:
    I take it you're a guy...
    Didnt know that guys cried as well :/
    Sorry I don't know the answer to your question... I thought that only happened to women tbh.
    Wow. Welcome to Earth, enjoy your stay.
    What, we all have hearts of pure stone? You've never seen a guy cry over a dead relative or a particularly horrible breakup?

I think it was only "Stevo" who said something bad about her, and I've told him where I stand on him saying that. I dont like him saying that at all

I know she's moved on. The thread was about asking why we cry, and the fact that I felt guilty as well

And I think I might leave this thread, because I assure you I still care for her, and I still will stand up for her (as I have with Stevo) ie: if you try and spin it a certain way, which is not what Im trying to get at at all

ReputationRep:
    I cry because of all the hundreds of pounds I spent on the relationship that I'd really like back in my back pocket.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJKay)
    Wow. Welcome to Earth, enjoy your stay.
    What, we all have hearts of pure stone? You've never seen a guy cry over a dead relative or a particularly horrible breakup?
    Don't be dumb of course I've seen it at funerals..
    Just not over breakups..

ReputationRep:
    Just not over breakups..
    She says, after being paralysed by the idea that men could possibly become emotional after a breakup.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJKay)
    She says, after being paralysed by the idea that men could possibly become emotional after a breakup.
    Lol.. Fair play to you

ReputationRep:
    A break-up is a type of grief.

ReputationRep:
    I read an article once that serious break ups and divorces provoke the same kind of emotional response as bereavement, and I guess it is kind of the same, someone who was there all the time is now no longer there.

ReputationRep:
    Just not over breakups..
    We are not really allowed to show anyone that we are crying. It is a source of shame to cry in (particularly certain parts of) male society. It is for this sort of reason that men must soon emancipate themselves from their gender role, or face widespread crisis.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 9, 2013
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.